Envenom

Started 13 Mar 2021
by weaverman78
in Midgard
This may be a silly question but be mindful I never played a assassin class. Is it possible to not use evenom at all and just rely on damage and bleeds? I ask because I like a challenge but if it's no doable I will use envenom.
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:24 AM by DJ2000
Possible? Yes.
Recommendable? No.

But you might want to increase your "arsenal" by including charges/PROCs/rePROCs into your play style.

The only "Solo" class that can pretty much ignore a class defining spec Line is the Reaver (Soulrending).
For any other class, including Assassin's Envenom, it is pretty much a must-have. (Champs, Skalds, Minstrels etc.)
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:37 AM by inoeth
you forgot hunter (bow)

i dont think 0 envenom will work out, you are just too squishy to stay alive long enough to compensate all the dmg done by venoms.
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:39 AM by easytoremember
Painfully difficult; enemy assassins would be hitting you for full damage while your arms are noodles and you start the fight with -400 hp and their lifebane in the background. VS other classes your biggest advantage is the CON debuff poison, then disease for inhibited pot/charge/proc heals, and lifebane to circumvent ablatives.
The meta on this server makes no envenom very impractical though even dedicating 0 points to it you can have 11 from temp and x realm bonus if you feel like spamming grey poisons
Sat 13 Mar 2021 11:48 AM by thirian24
It would never work.
Sat 13 Mar 2021 12:28 PM by gotwqqd
DJ2000 wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 9:24 AM
The only "Solo" class that can pretty much ignore a class defining spec Line is the Reaver (Soulrending).

Really?
I thought the multitude of interrupts was imperative for them.
Sat 13 Mar 2021 1:10 PM by boho
You might be able to kill low-RR/XPing casters but that’s about it. In other words, just play like an RR11 Minstrel.
Sat 13 Mar 2021 2:15 PM by DJ2000
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 12:28 PM
DJ2000 wrote:

Really?
Which is basically achieved with 9 Soulrending (or even lower): 50 flex 50 shield 30 parry and rest 9 SR.
For "multitude of interrupts" lvl1 spells work just as fine as lvl50 spells.

Compare that to my other examples...
Champion - Valor
Minstrel - Instruments
Skald - Battlesongs
Sat 13 Mar 2021 4:06 PM by gotwqqd
DJ2000 wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 2:15 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
DJ2000 wrote:

Really?
Which is basically achieved with 9 Soulrending (or even lower): 50 flex 50 shield 30 parry and rest 9 SR.

Champion - Valor
Minstrel - Instruments
Skald - Battlesongs
So the added defense trumps the lifetap/lt procs/and abs debuff?
Sat 13 Mar 2021 4:58 PM by DJ2000
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 4:06 PM
DJ2000 wrote:
Sat 13 Mar 2021 2:15 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
DJ2000 wrote:

Really?

Champion - Valor
Minstrel - Instruments
Skald - Battlesongs
So the added defense trumps the lifetap/lt procs/and abs debuff?

First you ask for ability to interrupt, now you ask if added def trumps the utility.
What are you actually after?

The Reaver doesn't need Soulrending to perform. What he needs to perform is Haste/DA for swingspeed cap and slam+leviathan. With the key factors being Swingspeed cap+slam+leviathan.
The minstrel can not perform without intruments as he is supposed to. The champion cannot perform without valor as he is supposed to, etc.
See the difference?

The fact that Reavers can still have various degrees of benefits, by neglecting Souldrending, shouldn't be "breaking news" to anyone. Neither their "rupt-potential" nor their core mechanic (base performance) changes with low or high levels of Soulrending.

Inoeth is somewhat right. A Hunter could possibly also neglect Archery, but unlike the Reaver the whole Playstyle of a Hunter shifts with that decision.
In case of the Reaver, nothing changes.
Enough of this, this topic is not about the Reaver. If there is potential of discussion about reavers, i suggest opening a separate topic about it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics