BD farming specs? What’s best? For solo.

Started 5 Mar 2021
by gotwqqd
in Midgard
Looking for two specs....
A. Solo farming actively playing.
B. Silk farming while I read comics, watch tv, knit and salvage/rebuff

I’m thinking that BA with highest DA and best dots for active....what subspec?

For lazy spec? I’m wanting a semi afk spec where I kill red/purple with pet on aggro and occasionally debuff etc.
From my experience 46 or 47 suppression is best due to armor absorb. But I don’t know if I should secondary in dark(str/con buff for more absorb) or ba(faster pet swings and da)

In addition what are best RA for the lazy spec? I thinking wild minion and MoArcane? If so what is likely higher return?
Mon 8 Mar 2021 3:59 AM by gotwqqd
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 5 Mar 2021 2:21 PM
Looking for two specs....
A. Solo farming actively playing.
B. Silk farming while I read comics, watch tv, knit and salvage/rebuff

I’m thinking that BA with highest DA and best dots for active....what subspec?

For lazy spec? I’m wanting a semi afk spec where I kill red/purple with pet on aggro and occasionally debuff etc.
From my experience 46 or 47 suppression is best due to armor absorb. But I don’t know if I should secondary in dark(str/con buff for more absorb) or ba(faster pet swings and da)

In addition what are best RA for the lazy spec? I thinking wild minion and MoArcane? If so what is likely higher return?
From different builds I’ll answer myself for others who may like to know.

Solo lazy pets do almost everything
46sup/25ba/13dark
The top absorb is essential

Active
47dark/19ba/18supp
Though I need to try
46dark/24supp/14ba
Mon 8 Mar 2021 7:00 AM by Briggins
I would not recommend "lazy" farming unless you want your account suspended and all of your characters deleted.

Having said that I use the 46 dark/ 28 supp debuff>pet attack>spam heal. Can easily solo red mobs with little to no downtime. Cant remember my exact RAs but I believe MCL2, serenity 2, wild minion 6, MoF2, wild power 2? Might have MoA in there or aug/DeX.
Mon 8 Mar 2021 8:14 AM by gotwqqd
Briggins wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 7:00 AM
I would not recommend "lazy" farming unless you want your account suspended and all of your characters deleted.

Having said that I use the 46 dark/ 28 supp debuff>pet attack>spam heal. Can easily solo red mobs with little to no downtime. Cant remember my exact RAs but I believe MCL2, serenity 2, wild minion 6, MoF2, wild power 2? Might have MoA in there or aug/DeX.
What pet setup ?
Are you able to have highest mage pet and 2 level 24 heal pets ?
Mon 8 Mar 2021 4:00 PM by Briggins
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 8:14 AM
Briggins wrote:

What pet setup ?

I use two warmages and heal the champ pet myself. You can use one warmage and healing pets but you wont be able to kill high level mobs effectively. If you farm yellow or OJ mobs with 2 warmages the mobs will die so quickly you will hardly have to heal.
Mon 8 Mar 2021 6:52 PM by gotwqqd
Briggins wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 4:00 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 8:14 AM
Briggins wrote:

What pet setup ?

I use two warmages and heal the champ pet myself. You can use one warmage and healing pets but you wont be able to kill high level mobs effectively. If you farm yellow or OJ mobs with 2 warmages the mobs will die so quickly you will hardly have to heal.
why 28 supp? What are you getting out of it? Why not ba and increase pet cast speed?
Mon 8 Mar 2021 10:34 PM by Hattrick
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 6:52 PM
why 28 supp? What are you getting out of it? Why not ba and increase pet cast speed?

I'd assume it's not strictly a farming character and they want to have reduced variance on the baseline supp DD and a decent lifetap. I'm guessing though.

As for myself, I run 43 suppression 32 BA and I can kill oranges without using hardly any power, just enough to cast the 2 DoT spells. Reds I usually toss in a couple of spirit DDs in just to speed the process up a bit but it's not necessary (usually.) I'll admit, I haven't done a lot of soloing on purples because I don't really know of any that are worth trying to "farm". Killing reds is somewhat inefficient and killing purples certainly is so I'd need a good reason to bother with it. I'd prefer to chain pull oranges non-stop.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics