Re: Current state of the Thane?

i totally understood your point: a buff to midgard would be too much because then you would have to deal with stuff midgard had to face for years.

you did not point out any valid argument against it other than it "completely distorted the solo and small man game". reavers/VW do not?

while assassins PA got buffed, archers got heavily buffed (now a bit tuned down), bards got buffed, all casters got buffed (except BD, they got nerfed several times), friars got buffed, mercs got buffed, champs got buffed

thanes got a bit more debuff value that adds ~100dmg every 20s on a good day LOL

hello alb/hib player
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

Re: Current state of the Thane?

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 24 Feb 2021 3:43 PM
Jesus Christ, you prove yourself dumber every day...

talking about jesus christ proves the same about you tbh....
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

Re: Current state of the Thane?

Magesty wrote:
Wed 24 Feb 2021 4:15 PM
There is a very large contingent of anti-intellectual populists in my country.

This is exactly like trying to discuss anything with them.

You either did not read my thread or you made no attempt to comprehend on any level what I was trying to communicate. You have been essentially having an entire discussion with yourself, using what you presume to be my opinions, and neither one of of us was fully aware of it until now.

well that happens when one party is completely ignoring the other. i did read your posts and understood what you said, but it does not make any sense, because you still did not explain why levi like styles on alb/hib are ok and on mid it is not....

does thanes desperately need a buff? maybe
would it change balance? of course!
is it fair? yes!
why? because others have it too.

simple... dont know whats so difficult to understand.

just out of interest, which country is it you are talking about?

btw what peter tells about paul, tells more about peter than about paul.
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

Re: Current state of the Thane?

Magesty wrote:
Thu 18 Feb 2021 5:29 PM
The problem is no consideration was given to how badly this wrecked the balance in other parts of the game. See, there is a fundamental problem with leviathan-type mechanics-- there is essentially no counter play if you do not have purge available or the type of reliable spam healing you'd find in an 8v8. If a Reaver slams you and you don't purge you have almost no chance of turning the fight around if they get a full series of levis off. The fight is over before it began and you are relying on a 10-15m CD to counter a combination that they can use any time. Now, imagine giving this capability to classes that don't have a fairly weak spell line and relatively low stats across the board. It becomes even more problematic. All of a sudden the solo and small man landscape is purely made up of the classes that have access to these proc styles because they were already fairly viable, and now they have access to massive situational DPS that cannot be avoided without purge. The visible meta game becomes purely focused around being able to counter these overpowered classes in some way if not playing them outright. This is much like what we are seeing currently on Phoenix with much of the visible meta being primarily focused around dealing with assassins in some way.

Literally an entire paragraph in my FIRST POST explaining why Leviathan is bad design, and what can happen when it is introduced to other classes that you have simply ignored or failed to understand. In my further posts I have explained that I would like to see Leviathan nerfed and the power moved to other parts of the Reaver's kit. Yet, you have not understood or acknowledged any of these statements all while repeating the same arguments.

Honestly, I don't have anything else to say to you on this topic unless you introduce a meaningful argument or show that you have actually comprehended anything I have written. It seems increasingly likely that you are just trolling at this point.

Re: Current state of the Thane?

Magesty wrote:
Thu 25 Feb 2021 7:44 PM
Magesty wrote:
Thu 18 Feb 2021 5:29 PM
The problem is no consideration was given to how badly this wrecked the balance in other parts of the game. See, there is a fundamental problem with leviathan-type mechanics-- there is essentially no counter play if you do not have purge available or the type of reliable spam healing you'd find in an 8v8. If a Reaver slams you and you don't purge you have almost no chance of turning the fight around if they get a full series of levis off. The fight is over before it began and you are relying on a 10-15m CD to counter a combination that they can use any time. Now, imagine giving this capability to classes that don't have a fairly weak spell line and relatively low stats across the board. It becomes even more problematic. All of a sudden the solo and small man landscape is purely made up of the classes that have access to these proc styles because they were already fairly viable, and now they have access to massive situational DPS that cannot be avoided without purge. The visible meta game becomes purely focused around being able to counter these overpowered classes in some way if not playing them outright. This is much like what we are seeing currently on Phoenix with much of the visible meta being primarily focused around dealing with assassins in some way.

Literally an entire paragraph in my FIRST POST explaining why Leviathan is bad design, and what can happen when it is introduced to other classes that you have simply ignored or failed to understand. In my further posts I have explained that I would like to see Leviathan nerfed and the power moved to other parts of the Reaver's kit. Yet, you have not understood or acknowledged any of these statements all while repeating the same arguments.

Honestly, I don't have anything else to say to you on this topic unless you introduce a meaningful argument or show that you have actually comprehended anything I have written. It seems increasingly likely that you are just trolling at this point.

i got your point but it completely ignores that you can either have a good ranged dd+slam, or levi+slam, or levi+ranged dd.
it all comes with a trade off....and i already said that earlier in this thread. hence you did still not point out why its ok for alb/hib and not for mid.
i think levi is pretty much what you wrote, too strong, but as long as that is not going to be nerfed, there is literally no reason why midgard should not have it tbh.

actually i would like to see something like VW has, a chain that does AE dmg.... could be something like a chain lightning.
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

Re: Current state of the Thane?

Harvest wrote:
Sun 14 Feb 2021 1:47 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new of this Server and I always loved the Thane, I noticed that they Changed/Added/Buffed a lot of things in that Class.

How it is now? Is it wanted in 8v8? Is it strong?
They did a great job to make Thane a valid option in quite everything.

You most likely won't find a place in an elitist 8v8 oriented group, but thats the case for many classes.

Beside that, never had such a fun with Thane on any "classic" or "classic-oriented" server.

Re: Current state of the Thane?

Thanes are fun but they can't fill very well in a 8men group simply because they can do melee/magic damage and interrupts but he is average in all of these aspects and other classes can do it better. It remains a fun option if you like zerging (hammers!!!) or try some solo even if it requires some RRs since atm on Phoenix a lot of solo players are high RR (and you have to increase your melee/cast damage and defence...so double effort).
The negative part for sure is that making a good template for Thanes with all capped it is quite hard and expensive. I used to have also a Thane on live server and I loved it since he was my first char in Daoc, arrived to 9L5. He was not bad in 8vs8 when the pbaoe group was a thing...