Savage

Started 29 Dec 2020
by Dakkhon
in Midgard
Thinking of making a savage but not sure on race. I am thinking troll or Kobie. Any savages out there want to share their thoughts on this as well as end spec?
Tue 29 Dec 2020 8:23 PM by Valaraukar
Most savages are Valkyn, never did one by myself, but I think there should be a good reason if 99% used such an horrible-looking and cripple-running race to make a savage
Sun 3 Jan 2021 8:12 PM by stridberg
Sorry for the late reply, hope it's still relevant.
H2H is 50/50 STR/DEX based, so as far as raw damage is concerned, troll is the best and dwarf the worst, everyone else ends up neutral and you only have to take con/qui into account.
Valkyns are very common because they are objectively the best looking race of Midgard.

As for skills, there is no point going above 39 savagery. You can either go 50 H2H and put the rest in parry or go 44 H2H 29 hammer to open up some snare styles if you're into tryhard 8v8.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 11:56 PM by skipari
just from the starting stats norse/valk/kobold are equal regarding damage output, troll is on top of those and dwarf at bottom

troll (100/2+35/2)/2 = 33.75
norse (70/2+50/2)/2 = 30.0
dwarf (60/2+50/2)/2 = 27.5
kobold (50/2+70/2)/2 = 30.0
valk (55/2+65/2)/2 = 30.0

quickness would be another factor, as savage you have it as secondary stat with +23 therefore kobold/valkyn actually overcap if you have temped +75 and +93 buff (and there is no reason to not do/assume that on phx). So thats 11/16 points you will basically waste on these both races.

Since dualspec is fairly often the case, or at least an option to try in the future the strength only value shouldn't be overlooked. Constitution is a more secondary interesting, but valkyn has just 45 base con and should get either through start stats or ra additional 5 points to not suffer from the double hp loss before. But in general the difference between dwarf and valk are only 200-250hp in total in the end.

Lastly race resists, here it depends what you face basically. Against alb body caster the dwarf/valk body resist is a nice to have, maybe in the future energy gets used more often by hib caster, so that would speak for the kobold. Troll has argueably the worst resist imho with matter, maybe it gets needed in some far future if there get some more body caster nerfs in.

imho just regarding damage the start race is neglectable, the damage difference just for h2h is somewhere in a sub 5% (maybe even sub 2% actually; to lazy to control the end numbers) area if you compare dwarf/troll. So just go by other factors and/or by look and feel.
Thu 7 Jan 2021 10:00 PM by borodino1812
One aspect that should be taken into account is the size of the character model. I have a fledgling RR5 Troll Savage. Many times have I regretted not making a kobold. The size is annoying, and makes positionals somewhat more awkward in that the character model can get in the way. My Troll savage is even the smallest female model.

So before you choose a Troll, make sure you are comfortable with the size.
Thu 7 Jan 2021 10:10 PM by Sepplord
Noone mentioned eyepatch dwarf?

Any class that can be a dwarf is wasted in other races
Sun 10 Jan 2021 5:12 PM by Sarkon
I have been playing a 2H Savage during the event, and someone told me 2H savages 'don't work on this server', and I was wondering why? My friend used to play a 2H Savage on live and the 39% haste buff coupled with the slow weapon really had high damage burst. It is my understanding with quicker weapons and haste you can get to a limit where the haste stops providing benefit.
Mon 11 Jan 2021 3:40 PM by inoeth
Sarkon wrote:
Sun 10 Jan 2021 5:12 PM
I have been playing a 2H Savage during the event, and someone told me 2H savages 'don't work on this server', and I was wondering why? My friend used to play a 2H Savage on live and the 39% haste buff coupled with the slow weapon really had high damage burst. It is my understanding with quicker weapons and haste you can get to a limit where the haste stops providing benefit.

the dmg itself is not too bad but ppl believe that 5% quad chance > continous 2h dmg because when it quads it does around 700 dmg + crits + procs which is actually nice but as said very rare.

on the other hand 2h svg has easy access to back side snare
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics