PvE duo

Started 18 Nov 2020
by morry1000
in Midgard
Was wondering about the viability of an Aug Healer / Thane combo for PvE (and some RvR here and there).

Bit rusty with the game but did play it for years in the past - would this work? good old paper daoc and it would appear on the surface to be a solid combo.

What do the Phoenix community think?

Frostalf for race (or dwarf?) what kind of specs for each - is it mad to go 49 aug for example?

Appreciate any feedback.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 8:35 PM by Valaraukar
morry1000 wrote:
Wed 18 Nov 2020 10:56 AM
Was wondering about the viability of an Aug Healer / Thane combo for PvE (and some RvR here and there).

Bit rusty with the game but did play it for years in the past - would this work? good old paper daoc and it would appear on the surface to be a solid combo.

What do the Phoenix community think?

Frostalf for race (or dwarf?) what kind of specs for each - is it mad to go 49 aug for example?

Appreciate any feedback.

I think that a shaman will be more suited for a duo with a Thane. Aug healer main utility in pve is haste / celerity (and heals ofc), but thanes are not so solid in melee. Better use stun and cast, with dex/qui spec buff and base dex buff by a shaman, plus some dot and disease to kite the mob if needed.
Wed 25 Nov 2020 1:49 PM by Nunki
Healer + Thane is a solid PvE Duo and for sure playable in RvR. Shaman + Thane might be more efficient.
The lack of speed might hinder you in RvR tho.

Skald + Shaman would be one of the best Mid-RvR Duos.

I would personally recommend to level a farming/PvE-Duo first.
Such as: Healer/Shaman + SM/Thane.
They still are fun in zerg RvR.

In case that you really want to run Duo in RvR, go for another Duo.
You will most likely either go stealther Duo or anything together with a Skald (Shaman, Healer, anything else).
Speed 5 (6 with endu reg) is king if you run visible solo/duo.

Regarding your question how to spec a Healer.
There are several viable options, from tri-spec (if you mostly run Duo) over to Pac/Aug or Mend/Aug.
Highest Aug spec I have usually seen so far is 40, in rare cases 44 if you run in a caster RvR group (Midgard, lol). So yeah, not more than 40.
If you want to go for Pac/Mend or Aug/Mend as a focus is your choice, luckily you have unlimited respecs until lvl 50.

Just play around here:
https://playphoenix.online/charplan/?class=Healer&level=50&realmRank=30&view=skills
And ask your theoretical spec.

Healer-race: Stat-wise Frostalf would be recommended. Dwarf usually gets ignored and seen as a melee for the first seconds and eye-patch dwarves are sex as hell.

RvR-group composition usually consists of one Pac/Mend and one Aug/Mend Healer.
Take care as a Pac-Healer (both PvE and RvR), your job is essential and one mistake usually means a wiped group or a lost fight.

Feel free to ask in case that you have further questions.

Have fun.
Fri 27 Nov 2020 2:28 PM by morry1000
Thanks very much for the feedback guys, much appreciated - it has certainly given me some food for thought.

I shall have a look at some builds & ideas and whatnot and post them onto this thread.
Mon 30 Nov 2020 1:00 PM by morry1000
https://playphoenix.online/charplan/?class=Healer&level=50&realmRank=30&view=skills&s12=5&s62=22&s65=49

https://playphoenix.online/charplan/?class=Thane&level=50&realmRank=30&view=skills&s21=20&s61=34&s73=42&s86=50

Thoughts? too much aug not enough mend?

Too little hammer, too much parry?

Appreciate any feedback.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics