Healers Try Out Wake Oblivious (AE Amnesia) - The Many Benefits

Started 22 Oct 2020
by Pingyongyang
in Midgard
Video example of how to control a push as a healer (not me) using AE Amensia, blue sparkles over heads of enemies at 2300 range is Amnesia landing and resetting enemy casts forcing them to keep running:
https://youtu.be/vBDihIghAss?t=31

I was ignorant of Wake Oblivious AE Amnesia baseline L44 Pac spell until maybe a month or so ago. I thought as a Pac Healer my main weapon was AE stun and AE mezz. A R10 BG leader Pac Healer Oadin taught me about it and its benefits. I've talked to a lot of newer healers that have never bothered using it and don't know much about it.

It is a 2300 range 325 radius 2.0 second cast time. Aug Healers can use it. In a nutshell it acts as a spammable super range high radius short term AE stun against enemy casters and seers to interrupt their casting and make them have to reposition if you keep spamming it on them. I cannot tell you how many times I have now changed my positioning and play style to use AE Amnesia on the enemy back line and see blue sparkles above 5 enemy casters heads and see them all turn and run to get steamrolled by Trolls, all from the safety of 2300 range.

In Tower or Keep take scenario you can effectively set up a catapult within 2300 range but beyond 1875 bolt range. Aim cata at roof and fire, spam AE Amnesia on enemy roof casters to suppress while hitting with cata, and still be able to cast heal and cure on ram riders safely from everything except Nearsight/arrows and incoming from behind. I have found though many times if you dress like a tank and are in a catapult with big shield(reskin) many archers opt for softer robe targets to get those easy RPs.

In inner Keep take scenario if you have 2nd healer to focus heals, demezz, cure on first floor you can go to postern tower opposite CK defender tower with treb etc and use AE amnesia with no immunity timer to spam and suppress their roof. You can still hit group members at 2000 range out of LoS with group heal if they are on floor closer toward you. Again you will be at safe 2300 range from all but NS, arrows, and assassins but to be honest I can't remember the last time I died being up there as a healer - you can also heal/cure NS for Mid casters and Hunters up there helping suppress which is key to taking inner door smoothly. To this day I have not seen a single healer on the opposite postern tower with me suppressing enemy CK tower casters and it is such a strong tool.

Some healers say AE Amnesia costs too much mana. I don't believe so with serenity, MCL, Chunk of Legion, power potions, and a Pac healer in group with good PoM. As a Pac Healer I do have DI 3 and love it as a backup heal so I can keep focusing on aggressive CC and not worry as much about mana. Many healers think DI is lazy healing or a waste of points, I think it is probably the best RA I have other than maybe Purge as a Pac Healer.

AE Amnesia is a way to save yourself from having to heal or cure as much, it is a way to break enemy back line positioning so they are separated from their front line. The frontline gets left behind then gets AE stunned, AE mezzed etc with no heals or suppression cc/fire to save them.

AE Amnesia is a way to play offense from the safe distance of 2300. When you try it and see a line of 5 casters turn and run you have effectively signed their death warrant in many situations and it may just become your favorite new tool.

**One point I am only experimenting with and told it works is it can stop Theurg pet trains cold in their tracks again from 2300 distance as they forget their target and Theurgs pets are not normal pet window pets so they are vulnerable to this spell. The Theurg cannot retell them to attack they are frozen, so you have killed those pets.

If Mid was organized for every big BG you'd form a CK roof suppression group:

2 Pac Healers
3 RC RMs
2 Hunters
1 Cave Sham

Split group in half, one in main postern tower opposite CK roof, other on the usually lower farside corner tower covering otherside of CK roof. Healers AE Amnesia, AE stun when in range. RMs NS / Bolt. Cave sham bolt, AE DoT, Hunters assist. That group could probably suppress 3x its number or more unless the otherside was extremely coordinated.

Spacemunkey P-p-p-p-a-c Healer
Fri 23 Oct 2020 12:49 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Use the level 4 single target if enemies aren't clumped up, the AE eats way too much power if you're using it when you don't have to, and when the level 4 resists it turns into an actual interrupt, not a reset.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 1:03 AM by Pingyongyang
Yes that is a great point. I am often looking to get 3-5 at once being forced to change position so I instinctively look for that first. Also in tower or keep take there are other casters often hiding behind the turret walls you can't see and they slide out in the middle of casting AE amnesia on a enemy different caster, so it also ends up hitting & resets them and spooks them off. I would say in my experience open field or keep/tower I'd be using AE still 80%+ of the time. I feel like if I can't find a clump of backline I am better getting into 1500 range and stunning their front line or the lone target.

I believe strongly enough in AE Amnesia it is worth getting MCL 2 & DI 3 or greater if you are worried about power cost tradeoff. If you are catching 3+ enemy casters in AE you won't be healing as often and save a lot of mana that way. I have PoM 5, MCL 1, Seren 1, chunk. Spam AE amnesia a lot and rarely hurt for mana if I am conscious about hitting my power item/abilities on their timers so it streams back in. I am planning to go to MCL 2 for keeptakes specifically and I have DI 3 to fallback on.

8 man/small where enemy is good at spreading is different story and single target would be used majority of time. A surprising amount of 8 man still have their backline clumped together though and you can hit 3+. Especially if you hit them offguard and they are running in a train when you engage.
Fri 19 Mar 2021 5:24 PM by Pingyongyang
Video example of how to control a push as a healer using AE Amensia (not me), blue sparkles over heads of enemies at 2300 range is Amnesia landing and resetting enemy casts forcing them to keep running:
https://youtu.be/vBDihIghAss?t=31
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics