How to make money on mid?

Took a break around the time they nerfed drops from mobs/ Originally farmed Firbolgs in sheeroe on my animist in hib for 15 arc items. Now coming back to the game and started mid, but I have no idea where and how to farm for temps? I have a BD and a shaman, any advice appreciated.

Re: How to make money on mid?

After 300+ hours farming on all three realms, my findings are that...

...Malmo 15 arc drops are around 3%.
...Sheeroe 15 arc drops are around 8%.
...Dartmoor 15 arc drops are around 21%.

Couple that with a Necro being able to farm at literally three times to speed of any Midgard class, and you see why there is a massive queue to transfer money from Albion to Midgard; no one actually farms on Mid.
"An honest enemy is better than a false friend."

As I write this /tradeorder pending shows

Albion -> Midgard 277p
Albion -> Hibernia 88p

Hibernia -> Albion 0
Hibernia -> Midgard 177p

Midgard -> Albion 0
Midgard -> Hibernia 0

No one ever trades money out of Midgard. I’ve been saying this for a long time, why can’t midgard have the same money making capabilities as the other 2 realms ?

tommccartney wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 3:45 PM
As I write this /tradeorder pending shows

Albion -> Midgard 277p
Albion -> Hibernia 88p

Hibernia -> Albion 0
Hibernia -> Midgard 177p

Midgard -> Albion 0
Midgard -> Hibernia 0

No one ever trades money out of Midgard. I’ve been saying this for a long time, why can’t midgard have the same money making capabilities as the other 2 realms ?

What this means is that currently more people want to move from alb / hib to mid than out of mid, well, at least more gold wants to be moved that way.

Sure it seems right now that more and more people are coming to Mid more than going out of it...

BUT they are all still farming in hib/alb land and porting the money over to Mid (the figures on /tradeorder pending prove this also.)

as previously observed and stated by people, Its easier currently to farm in Hib or Alb and send the cash over to Midgard, due to the fact that it is too painful to run around midgard in its current state trying to scrape together even close the amount in the same time..

I also do this myself on my Animist/Necro) why not? I would be a fool if I didnt use the tools offered to maximise my gains in a smaller amount of time? I remember farming on my Bonedancer back around launch time it was a blast. (no dark nerf but thats another story lol) I was making ok money in mid just farming ojs and reds in Raum and that wasnt including xp items I could sell by the stack (also there was no pre nerfed droprate/timer)

That said though. its still a very Great game, and thanks Phoenix team for all the work youve done to make this server

but this farm thing, I wish we could work something out were all 3 realms felt more buffed in the Farming spots/zones. just a littttle bit

Thanks

gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 4:16 PM
What this means is that currently more people want to move from alb / hib to mid than out of mid, well, at least more gold wants to be moved that way.

Because farming on Midgard is so ineffective that no one wants to do it. It's literally more efficient to farm for ten hours on Albion and wait four days for the transfer than it is to farm for twenty hours on Midgard.

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 4:29 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Because farming on Midgard is so ineffective that no one wants to do it. It's literally more efficient to farm for ten hours on Albion and wait four days for the transfer than it is to farm for twenty hours on Midgard.

Exactly this ! Why do people pretend that money farming is equal between realms is beyond me

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 4:29 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

is 4days waiting enough? serious question...if that'S the case then there is no severe shotage of midgard money, but i doubt that is the case (as the farming discrepancy is huge)
But how is everyone farming on the other realms to transfer if there is noone on midgard farming? Where is the midgard money coming from?

Imo the easier solution, instead of invaluating existing midgard money by increasing farm-payouts would be to offer bigger conversion rates. Give people 2alb-plat for every mid-plat (number pulled from my backside, change as warranted) and see how/if it changes the tradeorder bottlenecks, if it doesn't further increase the conversion rates.

Sepplord wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 12:28 PM
is 4days waiting enough? serious question

Now? No, probably not. When I was doing it, the queue was only 20 or 30 plat, now it's in the hundreds.

Four months ago though, I could farm for two days on Alb and transfer 50p to Mid over the course of a week.

As for where the money is coming from in Midgard, I suspect it's from a few very rich players aggregating the wealth (or lack thereof) of the entire realm into their pockets via feather farming and alchemy. The typical drop farmer makes 1.5-2p an hour in Midgard, which is just a joke.

I've also begun to hear rumors of RLMT for money in Midgard, which has happened before (thankfully the offenders were banned).