Healer spec ?

Started 2 Sep 2020
by Klasker
in Midgard
Hi

I am starting on mid and want to Play a healer.

What is the most Common needed healer spec?
Wed 2 Sep 2020 10:11 AM by Abraxas
Paci healer 40 mending 36 paci
Augh Healer 40 mending 36 aug
Wed 2 Sep 2020 11:40 AM by Ele
Just adding a few variations of the specs Abraxas mentioned:
3-spec Pac
38 Pac - you get an additional aoe instant stun over the 36 pac spec. Not huge, but can come in Handy.
33 Mending - the only thing you really miss is the 3sec NS cure. But therefore you gain
19 Aug - 24% celerity, offering some additional oomph to your tanks that are in front with you

Higher Mend Augi
42 Mending - you get the upgraded version of the heals, the major being power efficient while still healing for around 430, the greater being a good "oh shit"-button. Don't spam, it needs a lot of power.
33 Aug - You lose a self str/con buff and yellow spirit resist which isn't really important. The only real thing you lose is the yellow spec af, but therefore you gain higher heals.
Wed 2 Sep 2020 2:05 PM by Wakefield
I like the 40 mend resu aug spec but I'm not a pach.

My pac is 38 pac, rest mend with what's left in aug, heals are more important to a group if you have a dedicated augh, so things like celerity should be already covered.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 6:14 AM by Klasker
Thank you for the feedback,
Was is the more desireable healer spec for groups?

Atm I'm lvl 3x and have done a split spec of all 3 specializations, currently I'm 20 mend 18 aug 15 pac seems to be good for grouping atm as i can cover multiple bases.

But when it comes to rvr, what are there least of healer wise?
Thu 3 Sep 2020 6:59 AM by Wakefield
Klasker wrote:
Thu 3 Sep 2020 6:14 AM

Atm I'm lvl 3x and have done a split spec of all 3 specializations, currently I'm 20 mend 18 aug 15 pac seems to be good for grouping atm as i can cover multiple bases.

Pac healers
Thu 3 Sep 2020 8:31 AM by Klasker
Wakefield wrote:
Thu 3 Sep 2020 6:59 AM
Klasker wrote:
Thu 3 Sep 2020 6:14 AM

Pac healers

Aight, so 36 pac 40 mending is the spec to aim for then? for cure NS in mending i assume?
Thu 3 Sep 2020 9:09 AM by Ele
Wakefield wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 2:05 PM
My pac is 38 pac, rest mend with what's left in aug, heals are more important to a group if you have a dedicated augh, so things like celerity should be already covered.

In general I agree, but there are a few things to consider. First, if you really commit to the pach's job, interupts and cc, you will always try to keep up pressure on the enemy, so 38 pac is a good idea, because you get an additional instant cc. Going deeper into mending than 33 (38 in that case) gets you the following:
lvl 36 group heal - totally neglectable, as it is a) power consuming and b) really situational. Single/Spreads are, at least in most cases, more useful.
lvl 35 group instant - 75% value vs 50% value. Yes, this comes in handy. But when do you use group instants? Often it is used to save a single member of the group which would die otherwise. Using it for the whole group is a rare occasion, at least if we are talking about group vs group scenarios. In the realmwar, it can come in handy when charging through twf/nm/pbaoe etc.

If you invest the points into 18 aug instead, you gain an offensive ability you won't have in other specs. True, you already have this covered, but it is on the slot of your dedicated main healer. If he has to jump into 1k range to the melees every 20 seconds and give up his position that way, things can get dangerous. As the pac, you are in the frontline anyway, and if you have thrown out a bunch of cc's and see an opportunity, you can offer your melees a 24% dmg boost for 20 secs. I prefer this offensive capability for the group over the minor gain in heals, but in the end, it is a matter of personal playstyle and preference.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 9:20 AM by Klasker
Ele wrote:
Thu 3 Sep 2020 9:09 AM
Wakefield wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 2:05 PM

In general I agree, but there are a few things to consider. First, if you really commit to the pach's job, interupts and cc, you will always try to keep up pressure on the enemy, so 38 pac is a good idea, because you get an additional instant cc. Going deeper into mending than 33 (38 in that case) gets you the following:
lvl 36 group heal - totally neglectable, as it is a) power consuming and b) really situational. Single/Spreads are, at least in most cases, more useful.
lvl 35 group instant - 75% value vs 50% value. Yes, this comes in handy. But when do you use group instants? Often it is used to save a single member of the group which would die otherwise. Using it for the whole group is a rare occasion, at least if we are talking about group vs group scenarios. In the realmwar, it can come in handy when charging through twf/nm/pbaoe etc.

If you invest the points into 18 aug instead, you gain an offensive ability you won't have in other specs. True, you already have this covered, but it is on the slot of your dedicated main healer. If he has to jump into 1k range to the melees every 20 seconds and give up his position that way, things can get dangerous. As the pac, you are in the frontline anyway, and if you have thrown out a bunch of cc's and see an opportunity, you can offer your melees a 24% dmg boost for 20 secs. I prefer this offensive capability for the group over the minor gain in heals, but in the end, it is a matter of personal playstyle and preference.

Hi Ele,

Thank you for the feedback.

So basically, you are recommending i go
33 mend
18 aug
38 pac

This seems some what like the spec i had in mind my self to begin with.
But wont i be missing the cure NS to much? or will other healers cover that?
Thu 3 Sep 2020 9:44 AM by DJ2000
If u want to cover that, u have to skill it. Expecting some "other" Healers to have 40 Mend is only possible if u run 8man or some stable GG.

Healer can't go any higher than 36 the other trees, when they decide to go 40 Mend. It is a decision you have to make on your own.
There are pro's and con's, as always.
As long as u run in a random zerggrp, there will be always something that you will miss in certain situations, no matter the spec, unless you team up consistently with another Healer that covers the other Bases.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 10:01 AM by Ele
Klasker wrote: Hi Ele,

33 mend
18 aug
38 pac

If you run together with an augh, he will in 99% of the cases have the 3secs ns cure. Of course you'll miss the cure, because you have to rely on your partner to cure you in certain situations, but as mentioned earlier, you bring some more offensive capabilities to your group with this spec. In addition to that, if you have the fast ns cure, you may end up being tempted to use it, but your main job is interupting/ccing, not healing/curing (except for disease sometimes), so it can compromise your role in a group (at least it did for me, that's why I speced out of it after the first few runs of rvr).
I'd recommend the tri spec if you are aiming at 8man/joining pugs, as you can rely on having an augh in this scenarios. For smallman the spec is viable either. If you are planing to join the realm war most of the time, 40 mend is advisable, because you can't rely on having a second healer here.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 10:25 AM by Klasker
Ele wrote:
Thu 3 Sep 2020 10:01 AM
Klasker wrote: Hi Ele,

33 mend
18 aug
38 pac

If you run together with an augh, he will in 99% of the cases have the 3secs ns cure. Of course you'll miss the cure, because you have to rely on your partner to cure you in certain situations, but as mentioned earlier, you bring some more offensive capabilities to your group with this spec. In addition to that, if you have the fast ns cure, you may end up being tempted to use it, but your main job is interupting/ccing, not healing/curing (except for disease sometimes), so it can compromise your role in a group (at least it did for me, that's why I speced out of it after the first few runs of rvr).
I'd recommend the tri spec if you are aiming at 8man/joining pugs, as you can rely on having an augh in this scenarios. For smallman the spec is viable either. If you are planing to join the realm war most of the time, 40 mend is advisable, because you can't rely on having a second healer here.

Hi Ele,

Once again thank you for the feedback.

I will go with the 38 pac spec then, i really enjoy playing pac most of all, i will mostly do 8/pugs i tihink, and ofc. also join the random BG at times.. but its not as fun as 8man

On another question, is there some must have items for the healers template? I assume TG armor as one?
Thu 3 Sep 2020 12:03 PM by Ele
Apart from the TG Chest, Legion power charge is a must have. The d/q debuff 1h hammer is an additional nice to have, as you are forced to melee from time to time as paci. That way you can at least apply a debuff that is not included in most mid groups toolkit while rupting. And of course a dd charge is useful, especially if instant cc's are down or you want to save them.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 7:35 AM by secrain
35 Mend, 36 Pac, 18 Aug is what I was told the typical tri spec is.

Insta stun really worth it?

Should a tri spec healer take MoFocus 3+ ?
Sat 5 Sep 2020 8:18 AM by Johny Rousquille
its normal ? - Healer:
-- Removed Wild Power
-- Removed Mastery of Magery
Sat 5 Sep 2020 9:46 AM by Uthred
They were removed because both RAs had zero impact on a healer.

Mastery of Magery
Additional effectiveness of magical damage by listed percentage.

Wild Power
Increases chance to deal a critical hit with all spells that do damage, including DoTs, by listed percentage
Sat 5 Sep 2020 5:58 PM by Ele
secrain wrote:
Sat 5 Sep 2020 7:35 AM
35 Mend, 36 Pac, 18 Aug is what I was told the typical tri spec is.

Insta stun really worth it?

Should a tri spec healer take MoFocus 3+ ?

I run Mof 3 and I like it, it really helps with the resists on the instants and on the occasional aoe mezz. On top of that, your bread-and-butter spell, single target mezz, is only lvl 43, so if you'd run Mof 2 anyway for reducing resists rates.
Regardíng the aoe instant stun: I really like it, although I rarely use it as a real aoe, but for stunning single targets, especially vs. alb caster groups where you can use it to catch e.g. caby+pet with the instant or use it vs. moc if you can't counter it with amnesia. For me, there is no real point in going higher than 33 mend, except you go 40/42 mend for fast ns cure and the bigger heals. In most cases the group instant isn't used for the whole group anayway, but a single target that's taking heavy dps. As both are 10 minute cooldowns, it boils down to two options: upgrade an existing heal by 25% or gain an additional button that allows you to prevent dps from occuring for a few seconds. But in the end, it's yours to decide.
Thu 10 Sep 2020 8:37 PM by secrain
Well, I guess everyone has their own idea what a tri-spec healer should be.

Last night I was told tri spec should be at least 27 aug.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics