Skald - Det 9 vs Purge

Started 29 Jul 2020
by Roto23
in Midgard
Currently I'm Det9 Purge 3 and was thinking dropping all Det and just going purge 4 giving me another 15 points to spend and was curious of your thoughts. I solo and group on this skald. So the Det9 is helpful against minstrels (which I fight often solo) as it cuts their insta stun in half.
Wed 29 Jul 2020 2:53 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Det 9, Purge 3 is the way to go in a group, hands down.

I don't have an opinion on soloing.
Wed 29 Jul 2020 3:23 PM by Ele
Assuming your skald is 5L with Det 9, Purge 3, lw, tireless and some lvl of SoS, dropping det completely isn't a good idea. Even if you upgrade to purge 4, you can - at least in most fights - only purge once, but get cc'd by each type of cc at least one time, taking you out of the fight several times if you have to wait for the cc to fade for the whole duration. If you need more utility for solo play, you could downgrade to det 8, freeing some points up to invest in solo RAs while still reducing cc for a decent amount, but dropping Det completely is not advisable.
Wed 29 Jul 2020 5:03 PM by inoeth
det9 aom9 and you end up with 75% det no purge needed imo
Wed 29 Jul 2020 7:50 PM by ExcretusMaximus
inoeth wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 5:03 PM

Sitting in the enemy backline with no purge and eating a 9 second stun is a death sentence.
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:57 PM by Ele
inoeth wrote:

Some time ago aom affecting cc was removed. Can't find the patch note right now though.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:04 AM by gotwqqd
Ele wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 3:23 PM
Assuming your skald is 5L with Det 9, Purge 3, lw, tireless and some lvl of SoS, dropping det completely isn't a good idea. Even if you upgrade to purge 4, you can - at least in most fights - only purge once, but get cc'd by each type of cc at least one time, taking you out of the fight several times if you have to wait for the cc to fade for the whole duration. If you need more utility for solo play, you could downgrade to det 8, freeing some points up to invest in solo RAs while still reducing cc for a decent amount, but dropping Det completely is not advisable.
5L?
You can’t even have det9/purge3
Let alone sos and the other things
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:09 AM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:04 AM
5L?

Longwind, Tireless, Det 9, Purge 3 is 4L9.

Not a good idea to not have SoS for all that time, but your math is wrong.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:19 AM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:09 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:04 AM
5L?

Longwind, Tireless, Det 9, Purge 3 is 4L9.

Not a good idea to not have SoS for all that time, but your math is wrong.
Is determination on a different cost scale than other 9step abilities? I though level 9=34
Thu 30 Jul 2020 1:42 AM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:19 AM
Is determination on a different cost scale than other 9step abilities? I though level 9=34

Yeah, it's cheaper by a pretty good margin; 22 points versus 34.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 7:55 AM by inoeth
Ele wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:57 PM
inoeth wrote:

Some time ago aom affecting cc was removed. Can't find the patch note right now though.

can anyone confirm?
Thu 30 Jul 2020 8:09 AM by Lollie
https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/suggestions/12546-how-fast-progression-will-kill-another-daoc-server?page=4

It's brought up in this thread.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 11:04 AM by DJ2000
On a Server, where u can almost respec at will. People really bother to question stuff like this, instead of testing it themselves?

I did several tests on Phoenix just recently.
Result:
Avoidance of Magic does not ...
- increase or decrease the duration of any Form of magic based CC Spells (Mezz, Root, Snare, Stun)
- increase or decrease the duration of Spells with mixed Damage+CC Components (DD/Snare, AoE DD/Snare)
- increase or decrease the duration of magic based DoT Spells, Procs or Charges.
- increase or decrease the duration of magic based Debuff Spells, Procs or Charges, nor the Value/Strength of it.
- increase or decrease the duration or Damage Values of Realm Abilities. (Static, NM, VP, TWF, Ichor)
- increase or decrease the Damage aspects of Siege Warfare. (Treb, Cata, Pallin, Oil)
- increase or decrease the Damage of Melee or Archery Attacks, nor the duration of their CC components (Stun, Snare, Root)
- increase or decrease the Damage Values of Damage Add or Auras by Procs, Charges, Spells, or Styles.
- increase or decrease Resist Rate of the above.

Avoidance of Magic will do ... (regardless if by Player or NPC)
- decrease all Damage Values of all magic based Spells, Procs and Charges with Damage Components (DD, AoE DD, AoE GT DD, PB AoE DD)
- decrease all Damage Values of all magic based Spells with mixed Components (DD/Snare, AoE DD/Snare, DD/Life leech, DD/Mana leech)
- decrease all Damage Values of all magic based Spells, Procs and Charges with a duration (DoT, AoE DoT)
- decrease all Damage Values of all Melee (or Archery) attacks that cause Bleed, DD or DoT.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:45 PM by Razur Ur
i would spec lw1 tl1 purge2 det9 and sos1 = 4L9
Thu 30 Jul 2020 1:30 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:45 PM
i would spec lw1 tl1 purge2 det9 and sos1 = 4L9

Yeah, this is your best pre-rr5 RA spec, really.

Save up and get SoS 2, Purge 3 next, and from 6L0 on it's personal preference.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 5:38 PM by Roto23
thanks for the info folks
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics