Returning player, poor as hell... :(

Started 29 Jul 2020
by gnefner
in Midgard
Hi there,

I just returned to Midgard yesterday, and I'm leveling a Hunter - currently though, I only have about 2 plats to my name.. What's the easiest/best way to get cash on Mid? (I have no farm toons on the other realms to help (transfer))

I have a 50 Thane and BD already, and I'm able to salvage..

Any suggestions?
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:14 AM by Valaraukar
spec the BD full dark or full bone army and farm orange / red mobs that drop task items (drakulv, raumarik bears and many others). So you can salvage the useless drops, sell the good ones (you'll need a house with a merchant, until you have it just keep them stored in vaults) and use the task items to lvl up to 50 when you are above lvl 40 with your hunter.

Use the thane to do Tusca raid (best toon to do it! ) or partecipate in farming bomb group in PoC or DF as shield and aoe dps, so you'll get good money and drops too.
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:24 AM by gnefner
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:14 AM
spec the BD full dark or full bone army and farm orange / red mobs that drop task items (drakulv, raumarik bears and many others). So you can salvage the useless drops, sell the good ones (you'll need a house with a merchant, until you have it just keep them stored in vaults) and use the task items to lvl up to 50 when you are above lvl 40 with your hunter.

Use the thane to do Tusca raid (best toon to do it! ) or partecipate in farming bomb group in PoC or DF as shield and aoe dps, so you'll get good money and drops too.

Thanks, I will try - sadly a house and merchant costs aswell

Are there still TG raids being run? Or is it al DS? I've never done a DS raid, so not sure I'll even get invited, or if my classes are eligible to go..
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:44 AM by Valaraukar
gnefner wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:24 AM
Valaraukar wrote:

Are there still TG raids being run? Or is it al DS? I've never done a DS raid, so not sure I'll even get invited, or if my classes are eligible to go..

Dark BD is a good class for DS thanks to high DPS with body res debuff and 2 caster pets, using almost no power. If you are RR5 or higher it would be perfect for DS. Forget about thane and hunter
Maybe TG raids are less frequent than before due to lack of population in Mid but as far as I know they are still run about weekly, usually in Europe late afternoon / evening time
Wed 29 Jul 2020 10:05 AM by gnefner
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:44 AM
gnefner wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:24 AM
Valaraukar wrote:

Dark BD is a good class for DS thanks to high DPS with body res debuff and 2 caster pets, using almost no power. If you are RR5 or higher it would be perfect for DS. Forget about thane and hunter
Maybe TG raids are less frequent than before due to lack of population in Mid but as far as I know they are still run about weekly, usually in Europe late afternoon / evening time

Perfect! i will look for TG raids then That's the perfect time for me (I'm danish)
Thu 30 Jul 2020 8:40 AM by Sepplord
if you can get into DS you will also rake in tons of money

and afaik players who haven't done it give a reward-bonus to the whole group (for the first 5or10? runs)
so there are incentives to take a noob as well as the DS community always liking to get new players into their playerpool to build groups anyways
Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:34 AM by gnefner
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 8:40 AM
if you can get into DS you will also rake in tons of money

and afaik players who haven't done it give a reward-bonus to the whole group (for the first 5or10? runs)
so there are incentives to take a noob as well as the DS community always liking to get new players into their playerpool to build groups anyways

Didn't know about the bonus.. Cool! BUT - since neither BD, Thane or Hunter is really considered for DS.. well
Thu 30 Jul 2020 1:44 PM by Sepplord
hmm i have only done DS once or twice myself, but Valaraukars comment sounded like BD was a good to very good class for DS?
Thu 30 Jul 2020 5:10 PM by PlainsOil
I don't know how that's even possible to only have 2p after leveling three characters to 50. I've been here a couple of months, leveled 4-5 level 50s, and just by selling all loot to vendors (haven't leveled salvaging yet), I always seem to get right about 6p per character from 1-50.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 12:55 PM by gnefner
PlainsOil wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 5:10 PM
I don't know how that's even possible to only have 2p after leveling three characters to 50. I've been here a couple of months, leveled 4-5 level 50s, and just by selling all loot to vendors (haven't leveled salvaging yet), I always seem to get right about 6p per character from 1-50.

Well, it's quite simple really.. The DB and Thane are in templates.. :p And the Thane is a MHI one, with MP armor - so it was quite expensive, "back in the day." It was when I came back, I only had 2p left.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics