Current Leveling situation

Started 29 Jul 2020
by Scout123
in Midgard
Hi Guys, I haven't played in some time. Some friends were interested in either returning to or checking out DAoC. I want to make sure I understand the current state of leveling in the game. Are the task items still active/the best way to level? I also saw (this post on reddit and wondering if mob-type is the way to go instead, or if there is cross-over between the two benefits. I played Hib when Phoenix launched so am unfamiliar with the MId nuances.

edit: also found this video for midgard levelingAshmir's 8 tips for faster leveling

I guess I just want to know if these guides are still relevant, or if anything has changed with the leveling experience in the past year
Wed 29 Jul 2020 6:57 AM by Valaraukar
If you want to exp really fast find bomb groups, go in frontier zones (DF and / or POC when you get the right level) and reach lvl 50 in 2 days

Tasks are a good system if you plan to exp in solo, and if you combine the task item with mob type bonus you can get good exp, but nothing as close as a good bomb group
Wed 29 Jul 2020 11:12 AM by gnefner
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 6:57 AM
If you want to exp really fast find bomb groups, go in frontier zones (DF and / or POC when you get the right level) and reach lvl 50 in 2 days

Tasks are a good system if you plan to exp in solo, and if you combine the task item with mob type bonus you can get good exp, but nothing as close as a good bomb group

Now we just need bomb groups to invite anything other than bombs and healers... Some classes are bound to solo.. Like my Hunter
Thu 30 Jul 2020 10:31 AM by Ele
The guide is a little outdated. Task items are still in place, but they have a fixed drop rate, once every 2 minutes, so it is only really viable for xping solo. Mob-type based tasks are still in place, but the bonus switches on a daily basis, so you have to check which mobs net good bonuses via /task realm. The given locations of camps in the guide you mention is still correct. Xping as a smallman as stated in the youtube guide is ok, but every player in the group brings a %-based xp bonus to the group, so being in a full group can be beneficial, especially if you invite stealthers (27? % xp bonus by defeault) as melee dps.
A bomb group is a good way to get you up fast, but a melee train works as well. Around lvl 12-15 you can start to xp in the frontier, allowing you to get tinder boxes, which provide a 25% dmg add per group member. If you run a full group, you get a 200% dmg add on every melee swing, allowing you to 3-shot red+ mobs as a melee, allowing you to kill mobs which are higher than a bomb group because you don't have to care for resist rates, thus staying longer on the same camp is possible.
Depending which classes you want to play, both setups are viable.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics