What to Play?

Started 23 Jul 2020
by whitewolf253
in Midgard
Back to DAoC after 12 years or so. I played Mordred PvP server for 5+ years (Classic through Catacombs). Back in the day I played a spear melee hunter (rr6+), a thane (rr6+), and a mercenary (rr6+). I plan on rolling in Midgard as that's always been my playground. Been tossing around the idea of playing a Berserker, Thane, Hunter, Skald, or Warrior. Thoughts on those classes here on Phoenix?

Thanks!
Thu 23 Jul 2020 2:10 PM by Kwall0311
If you plan to solo you probably want a Skald or stealth. No remorse for solos on this server so youd be restricted to hugging Bled/Docks area as anything else.
Thu 23 Jul 2020 3:50 PM by Tereos
make a skald
Thu 23 Jul 2020 4:14 PM by whitewolf253
Kwall0311 wrote:
Thu 23 Jul 2020 2:10 PM
If you plan to solo you probably want a Skald or stealth. No remorse for solos on this server so youd be restricted to hugging Bled/Docks area as anything else.

So if I want to get a group it sounds like focus on warrior, zerk, or thane?
Thu 23 Jul 2020 4:34 PM by Blitze
Skald and minstrel are needed in groups and are great solo with hundreds of rr7+ of them speeding about. That’s why they are the most popular classes on the server!
Thu 23 Jul 2020 4:56 PM by whitewolf253
Blitze wrote:
Thu 23 Jul 2020 4:34 PM
Skald and minstrel are needed in groups and are great solo with hundreds of rr7+ of them speeding about. That’s why they are the most popular classes on the server!

Skald is a ton of fun to play, especially solo. If the server is overpopulated with them though do we need more? I played a skald quite a bit back on Mordred and it was a blast. Was kind of thinking along the lines of what's needed most?

Zerker or warrior what gets the pick in groups? Thanes anygood here? I loved my Thane on Mordred but that was PvP and RvR is a whole different monster.
Thu 23 Jul 2020 7:18 PM by Kwall0311
Depends what you like to do really. If youre into 8v8 you will have an easier time finding a group as a zerk over thane. Warrior too, which is also useful in the pve content like DS/HOH if you do those things. OFC every group needs a skald which is the best suggestion for group and solo play. Cant go wrong with a Warr/zerk either. Leveling/temping is fairly quick here so try them all.
Thu 23 Jul 2020 9:19 PM by whitewolf253
Kwall0311 wrote:
Thu 23 Jul 2020 7:18 PM
Depends what you like to do really. If youre into 8v8 you will have an easier time finding a group as a zerk over thane. Warrior too, which is also useful in the pve content like DS/HOH if you do those things. OFC every group needs a skald which is the best suggestion for group and solo play. Cant go wrong with a Warr/zerk either. Leveling/temping is fairly quick here so try them all.

Perhaps I'll level a few chars up to Thid and see what's fun in the BG. Sounds like there isn't any clear winners which is probably a good thing.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 1:17 AM by Hodge
Keep in mind that one of a Thane and Warrior hallmarks is slam at level 42 shield which is a 9 second anytime style stun. Both are the only classes in Midgard that can do so. So, you will miss out on it in the BG Thid.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics