Reverse the BD nerf

Started 26 Jun 2020
by Ceebee86
in Midgard
I don't feel the BD nerf was called for. My reasons.

1. Each realm has its own exceptional solo class
Hib has the champ, Alb has the necro, Mid had the BD. Now its quite hard to solo a melee class when their purge is up, and exceptionally hard to take down a stealther solo when their purge is up. They can use another weapon to reapply poisons after purge has been used, they can vanish to escape the fight, and come back 30 secs later after you've blown all your RA's, and they have had a considerable dmg boost recently.

2. The 6 second nerf is quite extreme without a dmg increase on the LT, feels abit short changed.

3. In a grp environment, a BD's job would be to rupt with pets and their two insta's, 6 seconds is an eternity, and the extra 2 seconds is equivalent to a 30% dmg decrease aswell.

I love this class, and love quite a few other classes too, so I implore the GM's and developers to take another look at this and consider reversing the nerf, or taking the LT timer down to 5 seconds.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 2:36 PM by Ragz
I agree the changes need to be reversed or at least compensated in some form.

Dark is unplayable solo RvR with the change to dark pets in RvR.

Supp was THE solo spec for RvR, but a 50% reduction in our main damage source and healing source is killing the class for solo play, and from the testing i've done it looks more like 7 seconds, there is a post about it in the changes announcement (i'm not finding it cause searching this forum sucks).

For group play i understand the change from an interrupt standpoint, however there are better ways to make us less of an interrupter. I also don't see it as big of a nerf in group play as i'm not relying on the insta for making sure i don't die all the time or as my main source of damage.

There has been no reasoning set forth for the change so it is hard to tell WHY this was done in the first play, was it to hurt interrups, or was it to make the BD not a solo class? Perhaps explanation as to why changes are made would be a good idea.

Bottom line there are other ways to tone down the BD for solo and group play that don't ruin one or the other.
Fri 26 Jun 2020 2:44 PM by Blitze
Supp BDs with a 6s LT still wreck my friar. Barely even noticed change
Sat 11 Jul 2020 10:07 AM by Zach
I'm not even sure what the point of Dark is now. The pets used to make up for the horrible delve on the baseline DD, and the spec DD/Snare is on the same delve as the baseline. It's complete garbage. Nuking for 250 consistently and praying for WP to crit doesn't cut it. The DPS is atrocious. And no one in their right mind specs 50 Dark to begin with as it sacrifices having a decent lifetap altogether.

Supp is still a great choice for soloing, and the lifetap is viable, but the Dark nerf needs to be reconsidered. This class is useless now outside of being a TWF and interrupt bot in RVR. --- Thank god we PVE good?

I'd settle for the spec DD/Snare having it's delve increased a little bit to make consistent DPS a possibility. Make it worth speccing for it and give us some DPS potential. We still have no pet demezz, and for the most part, anyone with half of a brain can solo our pets, kill them, and then come for us while we sit back nuking for poop damage that's the equivalent of shooting spit wads at someone with any resists whatsoever. That, or the pets just get mezzed and sits out the entire fight with their bony thumbs up their bony butts. Other pet casters get so much more utility compared to BDs now. Rather play a cabby now. NS > LT.

I don't care about the Supp/Lifetap "nerf" as it's a change that was made in live years ago by the original Mythic team, but they screwed over muh Dark spec. Now it needs re-balancing. Anyone crying over a pet doing decent DPS, a pet that is so vulnerable to CC or basically falls over when it's hit once or twice by and auto-attack from any tank class in the game, needs to hush. Nerf the pet for all I care, but please put some of that lost DPS back into the class somewhere else (how about the DD/Snare???). They took too much overall DPS out of the Dark kit.

On the training dolls:
lvl50 DD 245,
lvl41 DD/S 202.

Why would I spec 50 Dark for a nuke that will do as much as my baseline does?

That is not okay...
Sat 11 Jul 2020 10:59 AM by Zach
P.S.

The Healer pets stopping to recast regen: This is the most annoying thing about the class as Supp spec. Is there no possible way that they can be fixed to cast the regen while moving? You know, in case someone actually wanted to use a Suppression spec in an 8-man without having to worry about those damn healers getting attacked and making the dancer lose speed because some stupid pet decided to take a smoke break? This is a serious problem.
Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:51 PM by Bradekes
Zach wrote:
Sat 11 Jul 2020 10:59 AM
P.S.

The Healer pets stopping to recast regen: This is the most annoying thing about the class as Supp spec. Is there no possible way that they can be fixed to cast the regen while moving? You know, in case someone actually wanted to use a Suppression spec in an 8-man without having to worry about those damn healers getting attacked and making the dancer lose speed because some stupid pet decided to take a smoke break? This is a serious problem.

they can jus remove it, the regen is 100% useless
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics