Wich Race for Skald for Solo/Smallman

Started 20 Jun 2020
by rkrahn
in Midgard
Hi there.....
In Planning to Level a skalde to do some rvr with a couple of friends..... since we are Not enough to fill up a fg.....
I will mostly spend my time in Solo/ Duo/ smallman
What Race would be Best for That?
Sat 20 Jun 2020 2:37 PM by gromet12
rkrahn wrote:
Sat 20 Jun 2020 12:37 PM
Hi there.....
In Planning to Level a skalde to do some rvr with a couple of friends..... since we are Not enough to fill up a fg.....

Eye-Patch
Sat 20 Jun 2020 2:47 PM by Nunki
rkrahn wrote:
Sat 20 Jun 2020 12:37 PM
Hi there.....

Your choice. Troll, North, eye-patch Dwarf
Sat 20 Jun 2020 2:59 PM by rkrahn
Are the differences so minor That this choice dont Even matter?..... espacially for Solo?
Isnt the starting strength Bonus From Troll That Good?
I Never played mid before thats why i am asking
Sat 20 Jun 2020 6:06 PM by Nunki
rkrahn wrote:
Sat 20 Jun 2020 2:59 PM
Are the differences so minor That this choice dont Even matter?..... espacially for Solo?
Isnt the starting strength Bonus From Troll That Good?
I Never played mid before thats why i am asking
The differences are neglectable and all three are viable choices.

Troll: 100 Str, 70 Con, 35 Dex, 35 Quick. 240 total.
Easily identified as a rock. Extra Str and low D/Q might be the best for group fights where you parry/evade rate is not that important.

North: 70 Str, 70 Con, 50 Dex, 50 Quick. 240 total.
Well balanced, Probably slightly better for solo than Troll.

Dwarf: 60 Str, 80 Con, 50 Dex, 50 Quick. 240 total.
May get mixed up as Healer in rare occasions. Eye-patch dwarf has 100% swag-bonus and get all the girls!

Kobi is obviosuly not recommended due to low Str (while all weapons are Str based).

I would recommend Troll or EyePatch-Dwarf (especially when one of your Healer is Dwarf,too) for 8x8 and North for solo, but at the end you may just play what you like most.
Sat 20 Jun 2020 9:36 PM by tommccartney
Depends on how you are planning to play your Skald.
Imo dwarf is best for 8v8 with having 5% body resist racial and a few HP more, also takes the enemy a few sec to work out what class you are on inc, and your primary job is to rupt and annoy the enemy in 8v8 - not so much dps

Norse is pretty much the same benefits as dwarf but with cold racial resist.

For solo/smallman I run my Skald as Troll, that 40/30 str is hard to let go of when you actually need to kill stuff on skald. Also higher weaponskill = higher chance of penetration enemy parry/block/evade.
Things to consider are;
15 less quick as Troll is 0.16 second swing speed on a 5.6spd 2h
Also in DAoC 25dex = 1% parry, so 15 difference troll compared to dwarf/Norse is so minimal. I run MoParry4 on my skald and parry enough, usually 1 or 2 chances per melee encounter to land the 2 part parry stun in hammer.
How ever you will be a larger target as troll, but you’re a skald & if you smallman/solo you can pick and chose your fights for the most part and SOS when things get sticky.

Kobold - I personally wouldn't go with, as it’s just putting yourself at a disadvantage in all areas, except disguise

From my experience I run troll 44hammer 46BS 17parry and for solo/smallman it’s pretty decent.
Sun 21 Jun 2020 2:29 PM by leb
what are you calling eye-patch ?
Sun 21 Jun 2020 2:33 PM by Hodge
There is a hair style dwarf with eye patch. Also consider one of the base resist for dwarf is body at 5%. Most instas and lifetaps from alb are body. I forget what the resists are for trolls. For Norse it is cold
Sun 21 Jun 2020 2:58 PM by gotwqqd
leb wrote:
Sun 21 Jun 2020 2:29 PM
what are you calling eye-patch ?

Don’t get the eye patch dorf

The reduced angle of vision isn’t worth it
Mon 22 Jun 2020 12:39 PM by rkrahn
thanks for your replys guys i've decided to play troll....
because i will mainly run duo/ smallman so that little bit of extra str will come in handy when it comes to killing stuff...
but thanks for your recomandations
Tue 4 Aug 2020 4:01 AM by Dioc
What’s the recommended starting stats distribution for each race?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics