I need advice on mostly solo Spiritmaster in RvR

Started 7 Jun 2020
by darthenron
in Midgard
I’m really enjoying my SM but I’m having a hard time figuring out my spec and overall playstyle for RvR combat.

What specs should I have? What RA should I focus on? And how can I help the realm? (For keep defense/attacks)

Currently, I’m 35 Dark, 41 Sup (So I can still farm) and RR2L1
Mon 8 Jun 2020 12:09 AM by Forlornhope
the only rvr spec you really should run unless you're in a dedicated bomb group is probably 47 dark for the last life tap and the rest 25 supp for curing mez and the str/con debuff. rest into summoning I guess for maybe some pet buffs or something? lol. But really with your spec now, you're pretty much a bad pboer and so marginally speced into dark you might as well not be.
Mon 8 Jun 2020 3:25 AM by joshisanonymous
If you're trying to solo, you'll have the easiest time with 47 dark, rest supp. Your spec is decent in the sense of having good dex/qui and str/con debuffs in zerg play, and you get usable AoE mezzes for solo, but I don't personally think it's worth giving up the highest PBAoE for a dex/qui debuff and some mezzes. If you're going PBAoE, it's for group/zerg play, and you both won't need AoE CC in that case and really want the PBAoE to hit as hard as possible. If you use any CC in groups, it's probably gonna be single target, so the higher level single target mez in the supp line is gonna be worth more than the AoE mez in dark. The latter is mostly just good for giving enemies mez immunity after a very brief mez.

Basically, if you want to be good for solo, go 47 dark; if you want to be good in larger groups, go 49 supp; and if you want to be a debuff bot in a zerg, your spec is probably alright. I can't really comment on 8man specs, but I can see pros and cons to both 47 dark and 49 supp.

For RAs, regardless of spec, I'd suggest getting purge 2 and MoC 5 as soon as possible (plus obviously long wind and tireless). After that, it's really preference on what you feel would help you win more for the way you play. Purge 2 is not as necessary in groups except when your healers are mezzed and you really need to be the one demezzing, but it's pretty vital for solo play (but not as vital as for other classes because your pet will often intercept stuns and/or damage following stuns). MoC 5 turns a lot of close or losing fights into wins solo and will help a lot in larger fights when coordinating a big push or defending against a big push.
Mon 8 Jun 2020 8:17 PM by daytonchambers
Forlornhope wrote:
Mon 8 Jun 2020 12:09 AM
the only rvr spec you really should run unless you're in a dedicated bomb group is probably 47 dark for the last life tap and the rest 25 supp for curing mez and the str/con debuff. rest into summoning I guess for maybe some pet buffs or something? lol. But really with your spec now, you're pretty much a bad pboer and so marginally speced into dark you might as well not be.

My 2c:

My SM is only 1L9 at lv 46, but with MoFocus 2 to help with resists the level 41 bomb hits Mod Redcaps for 350-425ish with good placement of my spellcasts, and to date has been solid dps in farm/xp groups. Not top-tier pbae damage, but it isn't "bad" like you say it is. And 35darkness spec plus +skills from gear and RAs is hardly "marginal" when speccing a line, you are at composite 50 at rr5 so base damage variance on the DD isn't an issue.

On the RvR side this spec gets you three usable mezzes as well as usable str/con and dex/qui debuffs, pairing either with the baseline str or dex debuff you can either nerf cast speed or melee damage a considerable amount. The darkness mezzes are short, but as the intent of the OP is solo play then 30s (before Det) on a mez for a brief hold of an add or whatever is all you can hope for anyways regardless of the length of the CC so it still does it's job. The key loss with this setup is that the lifetap is terrible and MoC tapping to stay alive is no longer an instant I-win maneuver. However, another interesting feature of this build is that you get the 30% spirit debuff at 35dark and the bomb is spirit damage, so MoC debuff-bombing a target that's beating on you becomes a thing

Def not the easy route and absolutely not for everyone, but a solid utility build over a one-trick pony. I'll be trying it myself, and if it's a big failure then so be it at least I had fun experimenting.

joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 8 Jun 2020 3:25 AM
For RAs, regardless of spec, I'd suggest getting purge 2 and MoC 5 as soon as possible (plus obviously long wind and tireless). After that, it's really preference on what you feel would help you win more for the way you play. Purge 2 is not as necessary in groups except when your healers are mezzed and you really need to be the one demezzing, but it's pretty vital for solo play (but not as vital as for other classes because your pet will often intercept stuns and/or damage following stuns). MoC 5 turns a lot of close or losing fights into wins solo and will help a lot in larger fights when coordinating a big push or defending against a big push.

What he said, 100%
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics