Mini-boss ROG farming in MId?

Started 18 May 2020
by hefrocko2
in Midgard
My group is starting up in mid and we're looking to get some ROG for templates, are there mini-bosses a small-man/8-man can farm that drop good loot? Albion has the Lyn Barfog loop, and I wasn't sure if Midgard had something similar. I remember a long time ago, when I last played mid, there were some named mobs in Raumarik, but it was only one from what I remember. Any ideas? Or stick with farming POC/SH?
Tue 19 May 2020 12:49 AM by gotwqqd
Just kill the highest level mobs you can find
Tue 19 May 2020 7:01 AM by Sepplord
There are quite a few named highlevels in midgards SI zones, but i am too bad with names and it has been almost a year since i farmed anything there.
There is also the dungeon in the forest zone which has a few nice drops (for example the healer necklace with AE-charge that was BIS for some time before they fixed the charge to PBAOE....still usefull though). When running towards moderna-zone, turn north into the bordering zone and the dungeon is in the middle of the map

Afaik in trollheim you can also kill some bosses with a fullgroup
Tue 19 May 2020 10:24 AM by Freudinio
hefrocko2 wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 10:54 PM
My group is starting up in mid and we're looking to get some ROG for templates, are there mini-bosses a small-man/8-man can farm that drop good loot? Albion has the Lyn Barfog loop, and I wasn't sure if Midgard had something similar. I remember a long time ago, when I last played mid, there were some named mobs in Raumarik, but it was only one from what I remember. Any ideas? Or stick with farming POC/SH?

Welcome to Midgard.

Like Llyn Barfog, midgard has a zone called Raumarik. There are several named bosses which are easily killed by 6-8 people. We don't really have a "fins" type spot though, unfortunately.
Tue 19 May 2020 2:18 PM by hefrocko2
perfect, thanks for the confirmation. I assume those named bosses have good ROGs if you farm them for a bit? Looking forward to returning to the land of the ice and snow.
Tue 19 May 2020 4:08 PM by Spiegal
Is it worth it though?

Do you have the same chance to get a good ROG if you fight oj at 50 (51-52)?
or the higher the con, the better the ROG?
Tue 19 May 2020 5:52 PM by hefrocko2
In Albion, my experience was you get higher utility ROGs at a faster rate running the "mini-boss" LB loop. A loop was killing about 5 named mobs, and they'd respawn by the time you worked your way back to them. Could be done with 4-6 people depending on group setup. I'd see a 70+ utility item about every 1-3 loops, so was great for non-templated people to farm great ROG items quicker than chain killing unnamed reds/purples. I am hoping Raumarik yields the same results. I've never really seen anyone talk about it for Mid, so not sure why it's not done more
Wed 20 May 2020 4:57 AM by gotwqqd
Go to DF and kill the highest mob you can
Make sure to use the class you would prefer the drop to be useful to
Wed 20 May 2020 7:29 AM by Centenario
1) On mid nobody runs them, maybe 1 group during USA hour...
2) ROGs' max utility depend on the level of the mob, so it will always be much better odds on the mini-boss than lvl 50-51 mobs. It's like the ROG trinketing system: mobs are divided into tiers: 75 level is polished, up to 125 utility maybe
3) I would be willing to make regular loop of these rauma bosses.
Wed 20 May 2020 7:38 AM by Sepplord
in the end farming DS will yield better ROG-results and tons of feathers on top though...

Could be hard as a fullgroup starting, and might require a bit of RR farming before, but with a setgroup that would rather be the goal i would set up for. Especially since it will also take care of all your gold needs further down the road. Need something? Just jump into DS with your group for a run or two.

There is also a change coming with quests that yield very good utility accessories, which might become the better option, at least for initial templating of a char
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics