State of Warden?

Started 24 Feb 2021
by Tomthabom10
in Hibernia
Returning player here! Been away since Phoenix was in old frontiers stage. I mained a firby Warden back then with hopes that it would be somewhat viable in solo/small man RvR. I seemed to be terribly mistaken ..

I temped him and got to RR4 and then life happened and I stopped playing. So how is Warden these days? No shield still I see, but are they soloable at all? If so, spec?

Thanks!
Wed 24 Feb 2021 1:58 PM by gotwqqd
Boring....
Wed 24 Feb 2021 2:42 PM by ExcretusMaximus
They are great support, but don't expect to do well if you have to deal damage (like you do if solo).
Wed 24 Feb 2021 3:50 PM by Magesty
I wouldn't play a Warden if you are planning to solo or small man. They just don't do enough damage in melee for it to be worthwhile, and the utility they bring to a small man set up is easily trumped by the other naturalists.

They need extremely high RR or further patching to be a worthwhile choice in any PvP situation outside of a full group.

I'm surprised the class has been left to wallow this long, honestly. Improved healing is great, but we all know they need more than that to solo effectively or be a viable pick in a small man. There are certainly improvements that could be added which wouldn't affect their power level in 8v8 significantly.
Fri 26 Feb 2021 8:15 AM by Rov
If they had to be made viable for solo they would need some sort of style like essence flames from ml5 battlemaster and shield spec, otherwise they wouldn't be able to dish out enough damage.

With toa and shield spec wardens became pretty solid for solo, up until then they were pretty meh.
Fri 26 Feb 2021 1:30 PM by trevenmay
Magesty wrote:
Wed 24 Feb 2021 3:50 PM
I'm surprised the class has been left to wallow this long, honestly. Improved healing is great, but we all know they need more than that to solo effectively or be a viable pick in a small man. There are certainly improvements that could be added which wouldn't affect their power level in 8v8 significantly.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease. If nobody is complaining about wardens, why fix them? Theres just not enough people playing them, hence no complaints. I would like nothing more than a buff to wardens as its my main. Even a simple shield spec would be enough for me.
Fri 26 Feb 2021 2:22 PM by Lollie
Maybe they arent getting fixed because they arent broken? Warden are a solid class, but like someone has already said, boring to play. Giving them sheild spec would possibly cause problems as you would no longer need a hero/bm/champ to peel as the warden can do it and more, also shield+parry+6sec bubble might be a bit too much defence?

It's been suggested in other threads that they could give them mob to spec in, would increase thier defences or better growth rates in style at higher melee spec to increase thier damage, or hell, even just bump them up the table a bit.
Fri 26 Feb 2021 2:54 PM by DJ2000
The style revamp could have helped, but thats out of the window for at least another half year, if not even for forever.

The Devs stance on shield for warden has been made pretty clear, just as other live-like abilities.

They dont hand out Isolated stuff without looking at the greater picture.
So, unless there is a big introduction to All 3 realms, the warden by itself wont be picked out specifically for a buff, which isnt to adress a hib-realm RvR (8man) issue.

He is not considered weak in that Environment.
That is also why i gave up on my solo warden almost a year ago. There is no solo warden. There never was. And it doesnt Look like there will ever be.
Tue 1 Jun 2021 3:12 AM by borodino1812
Any hope on some changes or good news here? The style revamp is coming.
Wed 2 Jun 2021 2:14 AM by Forlornhope
borodino1812 wrote:
Tue 1 Jun 2021 3:12 AM
Any hope on some changes or good news here? The style revamp is coming.

You, like I and most other people with temped wardens, will be disappointed. Unless they do a complete 180 from the direction they went with warden in the style changes I really doubt you will see any increase in viability for anything. They'll still have their guaranteed 8man slot but nothing else really.Sure, the one battle warden on the server might be happy about the six second stun at 29 blades on a second style in a block chain. But then, they put it on a second style on a block chain for a class who can't spec in either shield or master of blocking. So I'm not sure why they bothered.

If the side style in blunt was the snare and its followup was the ASR I'd say blunt might have been a better choice for both 8man and any sort of small/solo play. Going 32 would give you an actually decent, on paper, anytime chain would give ya backsnare as well. Sucks you only get that 4 second stun after block or the 10 second stun in 50 blunt.

I mean, give 'em the current reduced form of slam on live for anything that's not a heavy tank. I think they reduced it to like 5 seconds? Then you'll have to decide between going 42 shield for a 5 second any time stun or going 35 and relying on positional stuns with less duration to peel. Maybe that will be enough for them to not take the BM/Hero's slot in an 8man, I don't know.

Meh even after thinking about all that crap I really still doubt they're going to be viable for anything other than 8man. They do well at the role the devs want them to be in, unfortunately that's not what everyone wants them to be.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics