Warden

Started 10 Jan 2021
by Lowdin
in Hibernia
How is it in the current state? And what tends to be the best leveling spec and then the best rvr spec?
Sun 10 Jan 2021 10:18 PM by Sepplord
Pretty strong and the reason for hibtanker being stronger than other realms tankgroups
At the same time seen as a weak class in itself that isn't very exciting to play and needs buffs

Risky pick currently imo, as near changes could go either way
Sun 10 Jan 2021 10:59 PM by Bradekes
I think sep got it right.

It's really more of what kind of expectations you have for the class. It is not a solo class. It fills a support role in groups. If you're in melee you're peeling only. You are not yourself a tank. Your main function is resist buffs, PBT, heals, and NS cure. It was a boring class for me to play and if you have any expectations of playing a warden like they used to be played during ToA you'll be letting yourself down.
Mon 11 Jan 2021 12:39 PM by Atreri
Made one for the event. Was super shocked to see they have no shield spec here. Did not make it too many lvls before I had enough.
Mon 11 Jan 2021 2:27 PM by Jerrian
Atreri wrote:
Mon 11 Jan 2021 12:39 PM
Made one for the event. Was super shocked to see they have no shield spec here. Did not make it too many lvls before I had enough.

Pretty much this. It ´s compared to other classes, one of the weakest classes here. It ´s a hybrid class that is not outshining in anything. Resis, bubble,are nice but lacking of any CC and weak (group)heals there is no reason not to pick a 3rd druid with nature specc in Grp instead.

Melee damage is poor and similar to any other class with no weaponspecc, especially when you compare it with thane, friar or even paladin.
Missing shield specc make it worse and a no competitor to a hero as deftank.

I Did not try out the solothing seriously, but when I had 1vs1 I had no chance due to missing 1vs1 RA specc. With a bit higher RA and the right RAs it might be a good soloer (still missing minstrel, skald speed though) but there are classes that are much better in it.

It ´s playable in zerg and smallman, but I assume that aspect is fitting to every daoc class in a regular 8vs8 rvr group it ´s utility is too bad, so not many groups run with a warden. For that reason warden got boosted on live server (bodyguard, shieldspecc, buffshear-masterlevel styles) here there are no changes for shield specc planed currently, I asked staff for it a few months ago. Dunno if something else is in thr works, as community voted it the hibernian class number one that needs some love. /shrug

I play warden because I always did on daoc servers, but I must say it ´s more of melancholic reasons. If ppl want to play it, just do so, but don ´t expect too much from it :-).
Mon 11 Jan 2021 3:12 PM by gotwqqd
Jerrian wrote:
Mon 11 Jan 2021 2:27 PM
Atreri wrote:

Pretty much this. It ´s compared to other classes, one of the weakest classes here. It ´s a hybrid class that is not outshining in anything. Resis, bubble,are nice but lacking of any CC and weak (group)heals there is no reason not to pick a 3rd druid with nature specc in Grp instead.

Melee damage is poor and similar to any other class with no weaponspecc, especially when you compare it with thane, friar or even paladin.
Missing shield specc make it worse and a no competitor to a hero as deftank.

I Did not try out the solothing seriously, but when I had 1vs1 I had no chance due to missing 1vs1 RA specc. With a bit higher RA and the right RAs it might be a good soloer (still missing minstrel, skald speed though) but there are classes that are much better in it.

It ´s playable in zerg and smallman, but I assume that aspect is fitting to every daoc class in a regular 8vs8 rvr group it ´s utility is too bad, so not many groups run with a warden. For that reason warden got boosted on live server (bodyguard, shieldspecc, buffshear-masterlevel styles) here there are no changes for shield specc planed currently, I asked staff for it a few months ago. Dunno if something else is in thr works, as community voted it the hibernian class number one that needs some love. /shrug

I play warden because I always did on daoc servers, but I must say it ´s more of melancholic reasons. If ppl want to play it, just do so, but don ´t expect too much from it :-).
I find the issue more being so boring to play. Sure it’s on weak side but so boring
Mon 11 Jan 2021 9:12 PM by Ele
Jerrian wrote:
Atreri wrote:
[...]
It ´s playable in zerg and smallman, but I assume that aspect is fitting to every daoc class in a regular 8vs8 rvr group it ´s utility is too bad, so not many groups run with a warden. [...]

I don't know which time zone you are referring to, but every serious 8man hib group during EU PT runs a warden, because resists, pbt, heals, fast NS cure and sidepeel are a lot of utility. In addition to that the Warden is a useful RA-Bot, especially for tank groups (AotG, TWF). Your statement sounds about right for the usual task zone farm caster grp though.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:14 PM by Jerrian
Ele wrote:
Mon 11 Jan 2021 9:12 PM
Jerrian wrote:
Atreri wrote:
[...]
It ´s playable in zerg and smallman, but I assume that aspect is fitting to every daoc class in a regular 8vs8 rvr group it ´s utility is too bad, so not many groups run with a warden. [...]

I don't know which time zone you are referring to, but every serious 8man hib group during EU PT runs a warden, because resists, pbt, heals, fast NS cure and sidepeel are a lot of utility. In addition to that the Warden is a useful RA-Bot, especially for tank groups (AotG, TWF). Your statement sounds about right for the usual task zone farm caster grp though.

Aotg and damageadd in sum never replace a tank, the heals are poor against a druid that can also cure NS, bubble is kinda useless against enemy tank assist, the resis and twf are indeed nice, ok. Warden ist doing "ok" but I did not feel much wardenlove here, and it's not a must have class in a group . Game experience and perception of this class might be different, yeah, but majority still calls it weakest class in hib, that needs some love, for a reason.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:55 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Jerrian wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:14 PM
but majority still calls it weakest class in hib, that needs some love, for a reason.

That reason being a complete lack of understanding of the game, which you yourself, a veteran Warden player, demonstrated in the first sentence of the quoted post.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 5:36 PM by Ele
Jerrian wrote:
Aotg and damageadd in sum never replace a tank, the heals are poor against a druid that can also cure NS, bubble is kinda useless against enemy tank assist, the resis and twf are indeed nice, ok. Warden ist doing "ok" but I did not feel much wardenlove here, and it's not a must have class in a group . Game experience and perception of this class might be different, yeah, but majority still calls it weakest class in hib, that needs some love, for a reason.

I'll split my answer:

Jerrian wrote:
Aotg and damageadd in sum never replace a tank
That is not what AotG is used for, you use it for creating dmg spikes.

Jerrian wrote:
the heals are poor against a druid that can also cure NS
Warden usually goes for 43 Regrowth, so he has the highest Major Heal which heals for about 435, and the 3s NS cure. Only Nature Druids got that, and they usually can only go for 40 Regrowth, meaning they lack this Major Heal. Same goes for the Buff Druid that has 33 Regrowth, as Buff&Nature Druid basically have the same heals. The only thing warden doesn't have is instants (apart from VR) and group/spread heals, so in zerg warfare druid has an advantage. In open field fights/group fights, warden can be considered main healer.

Jerrian wrote:
bubble is kinda useless against enemy tank assist
You may not survive the tank assist due to bubble alone, but it a) makes the peel war a lot easier for your group, because 6 sec pbt is huge when 6 of your groupmembers in the 4/4 cookie cutter setup can peel and can rely on not being hit when passing a tank often and b) may make you survive long enough for the train to get peeled off of you.

Jerrian wrote:
it's not a must have class in a group
In every serious 8man it is. You will see groups running only one druid, but no groups skipping the warden (at least atm in EU PT).
Tue 12 Jan 2021 6:18 PM by Bradekes
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:55 PM
Jerrian wrote:
but majority still calls it weakest class in hib, that needs some love, for a reason.

That reason being a complete lack of understanding of the game, which you yourself, a veteran Warden player, demonstrated in the first sentence of the quoted post.

Should change your name to *please no insults - Edited by Uthred*
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics