Core PvE group for small guild starting out

Started 6 Jan 2021
by nero0102
in Hibernia
Hi,

I am looking to pull a concise list of information for a smaller close knit guild trying to get into guild runs for feathers.

After some lurking around the forums and some discords it looks like the minimum "core" starts with a shield tank, bard, and druid, then add DPS and maybe another shield.

Looking towards trying to get feathers for templates. I am assuming we should start with trying to do the CF Loop while building templates and RR.

Does anyone have a sort of guide for what to kill for the loop? I saw a video on YouTube for LB in Alb.
http://www.valmerwolf.com/mappe/Hibernia/hib_cforest.jpg

Then try to get into learning groups for DS. Not sure what HoH is or if it's worth doing vs just doing DS over and over.

For Group composition, it looks like adding a Ment and 4 bombs is "meta". However we might not have 4 people wanting to roll bombs just for DS. I think we are willing, at first, to pay a time penalty to run a different comp. Are there other good comps? Seems like another shield could be used instead of ment. In the middle ground between the meta comp and 8 stealthers, what are the classes that should seriously consider a PvE alt vs classes that would just make a slightly less optimal comp. I assume everyone should have a template for DS. Is there a general rule on realm rank for certain roles / classes?
Wed 6 Jan 2021 5:27 PM by Aprox
Hi,
instead of grinding CF, you could do 2-3 galla raids. That should give 20k feathers to everyone, which is enough for most templates. Alternatively u go farm hulks in DF and then buy the feather items from the income. From there u join the zerg to get some RR. The casters in DS should have RR4 for WP5 and MoM 5 and mcl2.
The trick with DS is to have enough DPS to kill the mobs fast (there is more to it, sure). The longer the fight goes, the more healing is needed. And if u dont have many completions for the extra stats and mana, the druid will run out of mana quite fast. Albeit it is possible, i did my first DS run with a 3l0 druid and it worked out...just took some extra time.
DS itself is not too difficult once u know the mechanics of each camp. A good leader can bring a group of 7 firsttimers through it in ~60 min.

The difficulti with groupsetup is the last Boss, who spawns a bunch of adds. those adds are difficult to kill. so it is best to mezz them and kill the boss before they wake up. to do that u need enough dps, or u are just to slow.
I am not experienced enough to say how many bombs can be replaced by offtanks or other dps to make it through the last boss. I did one run myself with 1 tank, 1 offtank, 3 bombs, a ranger and bard/druid. Zik is doing DS with all kind of groups...but he has tons of experience.

For doing rvr and DS with the same char: one full respec costs 8k feathers. which is the income of 1 DS after the tenth completion (the first 10 give bonus feathers). Therefor u just spec for DS, do a couple of runs and then spec back to RvR or whatever u like. That way most chars are fine for DS, aslong as u have enough overall DPS in the group.

HoH is a more difficult and longer DS run with a lot more feathers to earn.

Cant say much for CF, did it only once and was bored to death.
good luck.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics