VW template tips.

Started 3 Oct 2020
by bigne88
in Hibernia
Greetings,

i just got my lvl 50 VW and would love some tips to build a tp:
1. Which feather items are good to buy?
2. Weaponless yes or no?
3. To cap all I guess I gotta cloth mp all the armor and hig lvl rogs?
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:37 PM by DinoTriz
You definitely want the 180 heal chest piece.

I can't remember if the feather scythes were good...I just used the fastest scythe I could find with a LT proc. If you're Firby, a slow scythe might be nice. But you'll want to keep your side chain in mind.

A weaponless template will be expensive, considering you're hybrid. But it's a good challenge. Anything too easy gets boring quick.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 4:33 PM by bigne88
DinoTriz wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:37 PM

I can't remember if the feather scythes were good...I just used the fastest scythe I could find with a LT proc. If you're Firby, a slow scythe might be nice. But you'll want to keep your side chain in mind.

A weaponless template will be expensive, considering you're hybrid. But it's a good challenge. Anything too easy gets boring quick.

weaponless it is worth to use a LT weapon and caster staff?
Sun 4 Oct 2020 12:52 AM by shintacki
bigne88 wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 4:33 PM
DinoTriz wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:37 PM

weaponless it is worth to use a LT weapon and caster staff?

I dont really see the benefit of having a staff while youre casting unless you want people to think youre an animist. If all your stats are capped a staff isnt going to do anything for you.
Sun 4 Oct 2020 12:57 AM by ExcretusMaximus
shintacki wrote:
Sun 4 Oct 2020 12:52 AM
I dont really see the benefit of having a staff while youre casting unless you want people to think youre an animist. If all your stats are capped a staff isnt going to do anything for you.

Valewalkers are classed as a list caster, they benefit from Focus.
Sun 4 Oct 2020 2:43 AM by Bradekes
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 4 Oct 2020 12:57 AM
shintacki wrote:
Sun 4 Oct 2020 12:52 AM

Valewalkers are classed as a list caster, they benefit from Focus.

This is correct, so you'd see a large reduction in the amount of power your lifetap uses
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:48 AM by oldmanukko
main weapon: 3.5spd player crafted mooncrested
secondary: dealrach corcra speal 5.7spd (feather)
staff: anything with 50 focus

use the fast staff for your main so that when you evade/parry, you can react fast enough to start a chain. when you land the first of the chain, hit your haste buff and swap to the slow 5.7 and do some big hits.

get a staff with 50 focus. i just have a runewood. with that, feels like i can cast all day compared to the scythe. very much worth it. i wanted to redo my template (which has +0 power) because i was running out of mana when i popped MoC. however, i put my 50 focus on a staff and /qbind'd it. i can lifetap for the full duration. never though twice about trying to squeeze that +power ever since.

the 180 heal chest is a very nice to have for any class. when i made my template, i was lower on funds and just used a PC crafted chest. however, if i had the plat at the time. i would have grabbed one.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:38 AM by gotwqqd
oldmanukko wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:48 AM
main weapon: 3.5spd player crafted mooncrested
secondary: dealrach corcra speal 5.7spd (feather)
staff: anything with 50 focus

use the fast staff for your main so that when you evade/parry, you can react fast enough to start a chain. when you land the first of the chain, hit your haste buff and swap to the slow 5.7 and do some big hits.

get a staff with 50 focus. i just have a runewood. with that, feels like i can cast all day compared to the scythe. very much worth it. i wanted to redo my template (which has +0 power) because i was running out of mana when i popped MoC. however, i put my 50 focus on a staff and /qbind'd it. i can lifetap for the full duration. never though twice about trying to squeeze that +power ever since.

the 180 heal chest is a very nice to have for any class. when i made my template, i was lower on funds and just used a PC crafted chest. however, if i had the plat at the time. i would have grabbed one.
Do searches for accessory item and get decent utility with as many stat/resists of 1. This allows tweaking when crafting armor pieces.

I generally pay 350 or less per piece from market
Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:31 AM by oldmanukko
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:38 AM
Do searches for accessory item and get decent utility with as many stat/resists of 1. This allows tweaking when crafting armor pieces.

yupyup, that stuff wasn't around at the time. the market search was a nice add and phoenix dust i could not have been happier about. such a great add. since the dawn of daoc, the ability to find the right combination of items to eek out those last couple resist % has caused a lot of extra time on templating.

however, since i'm approaching RR9, perhaps i'll treat myself to a weaponless one and make that Flawless Book of Chaos (350 range ae dd charge, garbage utility) a part of it (yes, it does almost no real dmg. but, only needs to do 1 to pop a stealther)
Wed 28 Oct 2020 2:38 PM by boridi
oldmanukko wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:31 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:38 AM

yupyup, that stuff wasn't around at the time. the market search was a nice add and phoenix dust i could not have been happier about. such a great add. since the dawn of daoc, the ability to find the right combination of items to eek out those last couple resist % has caused a lot of extra time on templating.

however, since i'm approaching RR9, perhaps i'll treat myself to a weaponless one and make that Flawless Book of Chaos (350 range ae dd charge, garbage utility) a part of it (yes, it does almost no real dmg. but, only needs to do 1 to pop a stealther)
I thought I was the only one who farmed the Archivist for those
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:54 PM by oldmanukko
boridi wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 2:38 PM

haha, most likely i bought one you sold haven't seen that dude in a lot of years
Thu 29 Oct 2020 2:01 AM by boridi
oldmanukko wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:54 PM
boridi wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 2:38 PM

haha, most likely i bought one you sold haven't seen that dude in a lot of years
I've farmed him with my mids... so probably not
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics