Basic Animist guides?

Started 5 Sep 2020
by DinoTriz
in Hibernia
Anyone know of any good basic Animist guides? They seem to be non-existant.

I'm brand new to the class and I'm just looking for PVE/farming tips.

So far I specced full Creeping and I start my process of setting my controllable pet down, probably 1500 units away from a camp of mobs.

Then I place down 3-6 forest hearts right on top of it.

Then I place down 1 of the melee damage debuff shrooms as they seem to pull from farther away.

Then I heal pets and regen them when they get overwhelmed.

Is that the basic strategy or is there a key factor I'm missing?

Thanks
Sat 5 Sep 2020 8:56 PM by darkstar00
I don't even use the tank pet anymore... just all turrets and 1-2 spore eruptors.

You just need to make sure your turrets dont pull too many at one time wherever you are hunting/farming at.

Also, power pots / combined forces is much needed.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 9:37 PM by DinoTriz
Thanks! Yeah, I've been slowly learning that letting the shrooms pull is a bad idea.

Now I set the clump just far enough back that they can't pull so I can walk forward and pull to the clump with wisps.
Sun 4 Oct 2020 9:49 AM by Toss
When i farm solo no matter what spec

In front i have Free attacking shrooms. 800 units behind them i have the main pet (Damage, not the Verdant one) This way the main pet will do maximum damage while not being damaged at all or very little (depending on how hard mobs i kill)
Thu 29 Oct 2020 5:49 PM by Aprox
You dont want the main pet get any dmg, because the heals eat up ur mana real quick.
I farm in 3 steps:

1. Putting the main pet ~1000units away from the first mobs. ~5 shrooms on top of it or a short distance behind it (away from the mobs). pulling the first 1-3 mobs that way, one after the other. some heals needed.
2. putting ~5 shrooms 500 units in front of the main. pulling 2-4 more mobs. some heals needed.
3. putting the last shrooms ~900-950 units in front of the main, pulling the last mobs. some heals needed.
respawn begins soon or has allready begun.
after that keep up max number of shrooms ~900-950 units in front of the main. once the shrooms closer to the main are dead, the main should not get any more aggro. The purpose of this is:
a) getting the main in a position, where it does not get aggro (it gets no aggro, if it does not pull and is far enough away from the shrooms) but still contributes to the dmg output on mobs.
b) auto pull with the shrooms
c) if u put the shrooms to close to the spot in the beginning, u pull to many. u have to "work ur way into the spot".

once u have the shrooms set up like that u can auto pull non-stop for hours (pot, serenety, mcl and tinder provided) if all mobs are pulled, place a dmg debuff shroom for larger pull range. u want to do that only with enough mana: worst scenario is pulling the full spot, half ur shrooms dies due to timer and dmg, and u have no mana to replace them.

Be careful: when a shroom dies, the aggro jumps to the caster, u dont want to pull many mobs shortly before 1/2 of ur shrooms dies (2 min duration!).

u need to "learn" a spot to find the ideal position for ur shrooms because u need intervalls without pulls (without killing the shrooms), to fire mcl and salvage loot. it becomes easier with some experience. that way u can make easily 3+p per hour (if u can salvage the loot). some ppl claim to make 4.5 p per hour. but that was before the drop rate got nerved. maybe some less known spots still have that amount of plat in them.

some ppl. put the shrooms in two camps ~500 units away from each other. that way the aggro jumps from one camp to the other and the mobs run around without dealing dmg. might enable u to pull a few more mobs. never tried it. this strategie works for camps with oj mobs (spectral manslayers for example). to farm ROGs on purple mobs, u need to place the shrooms very very carefull for the right amount of pulls.

sometimes u will get aggro form more than 1 mob (when to many shrooms die at once). Circe around ur main and sprint until they are dead. endurance-pots are of great use for perma sprint.

happy hunting
Sun 8 Nov 2020 8:53 AM by Legorn
Thanks for the info aprox.

What is the pom cap? 5?6? And does Int increase manapool?
Sun 8 Nov 2020 3:50 PM by Aprox
with draughts (+4) and serenety (+3) i get +7 mana regeneration in total. with mcl 2 thats enough to keep max numbers of shrooms up at all times.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics