Is PF worth it anymore?

Started 2 Aug 2020
by imweasel
in Hibernia
It's a difficult decision to spec anything into PF outside of a more pure bow spec (40 archery).

Is this a terrible idea to put zero spec in PF?
Sun 2 Aug 2020 7:50 PM by Cadebrennus
With a non-Sniper Ranger I'd stop at 16 or 21 PF, and /use a DA charge and DA reactive procs. High PF (48) is only useful for the spec point investment if a solo Sniper Ranger.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 8:53 PM by imweasel
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 7:50 PM
With a non-Sniper Ranger I'd stop at 16 or 21 PF, and /use a DA charge and DA reactive procs. High PF (48) is only useful for the spec point investment if a solo Sniper Ranger.

Why even that much PF? Just for the DA and speed?
Mon 3 Aug 2020 5:58 AM by Cadebrennus
imweasel wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 8:53 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

For the Dex/Qui buff. The PF DA is the icing on the cake. If you really want to squeeze even more damage out of a Critshot you can also /use a DA charge right when you release your arrow.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 6:49 AM by imweasel
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 5:58 AM
imweasel wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

For the Dex/Qui buff. The PF DA is the icing on the cake. If you really want to squeeze even more damage out of a Critshot you can also /use a DA charge right when you release your arrow.

I'll be using combined forces pots. The dex/qui from that will be more than PF. I'm current looking at this spec at rr3.

Stealth 37
Blades 39
CD 42
Bow 35
PF 9
Zero left over

I am also wondering if 9PF (SPD and DA) is worth it, so I might zero PF and bump CD to 43 with 1 point left over...
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:36 AM by Noashakra
1 point in dual is peanuts, compared to the utility of the speed.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 1:31 PM by Cadebrennus
imweasel wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 6:49 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 5:58 AM
imweasel wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

I'll be using combined forces pots. The dex/qui from that will be more than PF. I'm current looking at this spec at rr3.

Stealth 37
Blades 39
CD 42
Bow 35
PF 9
Zero left over

I am also wondering if 9PF (SPD and DA) is worth it, so I might zero PF and bump CD to 43 with 1 point left over...

The bump you get from 42 to 43 CD is marginal. IMO 16 PF is the lowest you should go in order to get a 150% speed boost for 25 seconds which is good enough to either a) catch runners or b) be a runner. The lower PF spec speed boosts aren't high enough or long enough to catch someone or get away from someone in most circumstances.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:17 PM by imweasel
Got it. Thanks for the input.

However, the spec points are having a hard time coming out equal.

Any suggestions on a spec without leaving to many spec points on the table?
Tue 4 Aug 2020 6:50 AM by Cadebrennus
imweasel wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:17 PM
Got it. Thanks for the input.

However, the spec points are having a hard time coming out equal.

Any suggestions on a spec without leaving to many spec points on the table?

Unfortunately you're in a weird spot at RR3, and would have 33 points with the following spec, which I would recommend to keep a decent speed burst:

37 Stealth
39 Blades
39 CD
35 Archery
16 PF

When you start gaining RR you can drop Stealth and start putting more points into CD. Just remember to use a DA charge when shooting or meleeing and you'll be fine. You can also wear a DA proccing chest piece that's SC'ed with nearly the same stats as the Galla chest piece if you get into melee.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics