Re: October 12th 2018 Champion Guide for Spec

Is Determination really worth it ?

I'm up to Det 8 at the moment and I still seem to be stunned, mezzed, rooted an incredibly long time. I was in a fight with a 1-handed tank and he got 4 hits off on me before I was able to make any return.

Regularly against stealthers if they get the perf off on me. i can forget about even trying to make an attack. I'll be dead before the finish. And this isnt a case of being 2shotted. They are getting 5,6,7 attacks in and I'm just standing still through all of it

I think I'll be getting out of Det pretty soon and spending my points on more useful things

Telcontar wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 2:26 PM

I'm up to Det 8 at the moment and I still seem to be stunned, mezzed, rooted an incredibly long time. I was in a fight with a 1-handed tank and he got 4 hits off on me before I was able to make any return.

Regularly against stealthers if they get the perf off on me. i can forget about even trying to make an attack. I'll be dead before the finish. And this isnt a case of being 2shotted. They are getting 5,6,7 attacks in and I'm just standing still through all of it

I think I'll be getting out of Det pretty soon and spending my points on more useful things

Det is for spells. It doesn’t affect melee stuns. You need purge.

Afuldan wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:13 PM
Telcontar wrote:
Mon 21 Jan 2019 2:26 PM

Det is for spells. It doesn’t affect melee stuns. You need purge.

Thanks, I didnt realise that. i guess I needed to read the small print.

Well having said that and running on my mentalist who doesnt have det then yes i can say that Det is definitely worth it!

Couple of questions on Champs:

Does acuity or Int, Pie, etc do anything for a champ? Power pool, DD Damage etc.

After a month of RvR on my champ and talking to guildie about his we have noticed the castable snare is resisted it feels like 80+% of the time is this normal or am i on glue? Would Mastery of Focus help? ( havent looked at the RAs to see if we can even spec it)

patrell wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 3:44 AM
Couple of questions on Champs:

Does acuity or Int, Pie, etc do anything for a champ? Power pool, DD Damage etc.

After a month of RvR on my champ and talking to guildie about his we have noticed the castable snare is resisted it feels like 80+% of the time is this normal or am i on glue? Would Mastery of Focus help? ( havent looked at the RAs to see if we can even spec it)

There should be a casting stat for Champion.

What spec?

I went with the 50 LW 50 Valor 10 blades 6ish shield rest parry. The castable snare is Lvl 42 spell I just figured that it shouldn`t get resisted as much as it seems too.

The casting stat I have seen conflicting info out there so I was hoping some knowledgable champs would chime in and let me know