Chanter DPS

Started 14 Jul 2020
by Roto23
in Hibernia
Would 49 mana for debuff using base line heat direct damage spell do more damage than just going 45 light and using the spec direct damage spell?
Tue 14 Jul 2020 5:46 PM by Ele
The spec nuke on its own deals way more dmg than the base line heat nuke, which also has some variance due to only having 22 points specced in light. Combined with the debuff, the raw dmg is higher, but you have to debuff your target first. If you are interested in playing in groups, you should consider going mana, as you are expected to debuff for the other casters. For solo and smallman I liked light spec.
Tue 14 Jul 2020 5:52 PM by Bradekes
One thing I've been wanting to test out is have two chanters, one mana spec for the heat debuff and one specced 50 enchantment for the last pet effectiveness buff. I wanted to see how hard a companion pet hit when buffed and with the target heat debuffed. Seems like it could be legit dps not sure if it would be more than 45light nuke+pet but my guess is the enchantment spec might come slightly out on top.

Pet nuked bears for like 350-400 with only heat debuff might be like 550-600 with pierce buff.
Tue 14 Jul 2020 11:01 PM by gotwqqd
I did test for the two specs

It’s close damage wise considering you waste a cast spell with the debuff, plus the variance.

But having the pbaoe I think justifies the mana spec
Wed 15 Jul 2020 8:46 PM by Roto23
thanks folks
Wed 15 Jul 2020 11:46 PM by Khrin
A light spec enchanter is more or less a light mentalist. You have a strong heat-based nuke, and a (less annoying) pet. Ment has crappy aoe dmg and ghetto heals (and even more ghetto mez). Chanter has some acceptable melee debuffs (keep in mind the phys-dmg insta is an interupt too) and delicious speed. If you aren't worried about any DS type pve - or even general fins/shreddrt farming - and you have someone to consistently lead the debuff train: a light chanter is workable.
Just a little unintentional
Sat 18 Jul 2020 4:31 PM by Horus
Remember the underhill zealot casts a heat dmg/debuff nuke 15% debuff. Add that to your spec heat nuke and you can do alot of single target ranged dmg ..although pet is not all that fast.
Tue 21 Jul 2020 10:04 PM by Roto23
thanks khrin and Horus
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics