Making new Verd Ani w/ questions

Started 3 Aug 2018
by Quik
in Hibernia
So I just leveled an Arb ani to 50 and it took around 2 days. I know how arb works and it levels very fast and easy when you have a well made group which I went out of my way to get a decent group together whih, btw, always included a ranger and NS lol.

Anyone anle to give me a general overview of how I will be playing my Ani differently playing Verd now? Will I have the same gameplay or will I be more active? Arb I was sitting 90% of the time it seemed.

Also if anyone will be on tonight and tomorrow during PST hours let me know. I will be playing a few hours tonight and a lot tomorrow and if you want to make a new Menty and lvl with me it would be welcome.
Sat 4 Aug 2018 12:40 AM by Thinal
Quik wrote:
Fri 3 Aug 2018 8:14 PM
Arb I was sitting 90% of the time it seemed.

That seems a strange way to play an Arb. The advantage is the bomber spells. I've personally done far better with single controlled turret and shooting than with multiply FnFs and in power recovery mode instead.

If you play a verdant while sitting on your ass, you'll do far worse, as the controlled does crap damage by itself. You'll need to be spamming the PBAOE to be effective.

Bear in mind though that the verdant style does much less damage than the arboreal bomber style, both in direct damage from your controlled and in your own spells. You might have some success pulling multiple targets before firing the PBAOE, but it'll be difficult to transfer aggro, keep your controlled alive, and manage power when pulling multiple targets. And you need the aggro on your controlled (or its stack), because the PBAOE range is only 350. Piling FnFs to draw the targets to the stack will result in big battles then massive downtime on a perpetual cycle.

The advantage verdant has is that it's almost impossible to pull aggro off of your controlled once it gets it, because the PBAOE increases aggro on the controlled and not you. Pet heals draw aggro, but generally not even close to enough to outweigh the aggro from the PBAOEs. So it's a pretty safe playstyle, but make sure your controlled stays alive. On Arb I can quickcast a new controlled pet and either have it regain aggro or contribute to the MOB's death, but verdant taunts won't do jack.

Also, your role in groups is mainly spamming bladeturn bombers and FnFs. Your controlled is completely useless there. You could put a few points into creeping to let your controlled do SOME damage with snare, but it's only about 2/3 of the arboreal controlled's damage even at full spec.

It's at least better than a creeping spec, but I don't see the point.
Sat 4 Aug 2018 1:03 AM by Quik
The thing with Arb is I could drop my bomber and then I could get max turrets out and then just get mana back.

All those shroom destroyed everything, and I also killed multiple Skalds who would attack me even when I was 35 and they were grape. As soon as they came into the shroom field they died almost instantly. I was killed by stealthers a couple times but in every case they were killed instantly also. The shroom field was sick for dmg. I ended up with 12 RA's to buy by the time I was 50 and that was just from killing those who tried to kill me or the group I was with.

I didn't have enough power to try to max my turrets AND AoE and as soon as I fired even one AoE I had ALL the agro on me. Letting the shrooms kill everything rarely got agro on me.

Took me less then 24 hours to hit 50 and about half of that was solo so it all worked out.

Verd is different for sure. Not sure if it is my style, sounds like I have less chance to kill gankers who kill me and seems slower. Probably better for a group designed to use it, but we had a ton of fun just shrooming and watching everything die.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics