A twist on crafting to make it actively fun.

Started 29 May 2018
by megatron
in Crafting
Upon successful craft you have a chance to cast an ae crafting buff

green con success - craft quality buff
blue con success - craft speed buff
yell con success - craft success % buff
oj con success - Craft skill-up % buff
Red con success - experience points reward

This buff system should encourage people to be more social when crafting and offer crafting strategies based on desired goals... like if you're looking to skill up faster you'll want to group with someone doing oj items and someone doing blue and yellow items but if you're going for MP you'll always want someone crafting green items in your group.

This is just a wireframe, you guys fill in the buff percentages, if they stack, and the duration for each.

Also, you could do something fun like roaming Zone bonuses in housing.... get people hopping from house to house when the zone bonus changes.

I've just always thought that crafting could have been an activity rather than a single-button-click grind.
Tue 29 May 2018 8:52 PM by Wilfu
megatron wrote:
Tue 29 May 2018 7:46 PM
Upon successful craft you have a chance to cast an ae crafting buff

green con success - craft quality buff
blue con success - craft speed buff
yell con success - craft success % buff
oj con success - Craft skill-up % buff
Red con success - experience points reward

This buff system should encourage people to be more social when crafting and offer crafting strategies based on desired goals... like if you're looking to skill up faster you'll want to group with someone doing oj items and someone doing blue and yellow items but if you're going for MP you'll always want someone crafting green items in your group.

This is just a wireframe, you guys fill in the buff percentages, if they stack, and the duration for each.

Also, you could do something fun like roaming Zone bonuses in housing.... get people hopping from house to house when the zone bonus changes.

I've just always thought that crafting could have been an activity rather than a single-button-click grind.

You are asking them to change the core code of the game, minor changes like class balance or altering the timers would be conceivable. Changing/adding a whole new crafting system would be a massive overhaul and i'm not sure they would have the time/ability to do such a thing.

It's a nice idea but in all honestly i'd rather take the RNG out of the game instead of putting more in.
Wed 30 May 2018 3:02 AM by megatron
They could just use the buff code they have for the special items that gave those buffs when using a special crafting tool. Not totally new code tho.
Wed 30 May 2018 5:30 AM by L0neW0lf
I like your thoughts on crafting...I really do...but as Wilfu put it...there are more important things to care about right now and with the new crafting commands in place (like buy stuff and craftqueue) which already make things a lot easier, this is more likely to happen in 2020 or later
Fri 29 Jun 2018 3:58 AM by Icculus
This seems an awesome idea. I like what you have done with the new crafting commands, but this kind of incentive would fortify player cooperation
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics