Re: Salvaging Guide for new players

BlushinRse wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 10:50 PM
Well considering I took another character two weeks ago through guide number 2 exactly as written. 200 tailoring … 300 woodworking .. etc … I didn't have it wrong then. It worked and I finished with all salvage skills doing 51 salvage except for gemscutting . So please try not to make me sound like I don't know what I'm doing. I started this game Oct 2001 and played constant until 2009. I have had LGM's on every server I played on. Like I stated this guide worked 2 wks ago as written. Not having to take primary up. This guide as stands today needs to be removed from sticky because it's no longer valid as written.

As i have spelled out before: there is no guide where you do 200tailoring and then 300woodworking.
Please reread my comment carefully, or reread the first page carefully. You are mixing up two guides.

Both guides work, as long as you can follow the instructions. Everyone brainfarts from time to time, that's nothing to be ashamed of. A simple "OMG how did that happen to me, sorry that i wasted your time. Lol" resolves the situation with everone keeping their dignity.
But digging in your heals and trying to stay on the high ground when you have clearely just made a small mistake makes you look like an moron.

I'm not a moron nor did I have a brain fart.. My cleric did level "just as it is written". I did not mix up any two guides. So please unless you want to answer my take the sticky off a failed guide then keep your comments to yourself. I have other people that followed the guide as written IRL and in my guild. Something changed and no one wants to admit it. That is fine they give up their time to adjust this game for us. I just don't like being called a liar or "moron" as you put it.

Lets just agree to disagree.

I told you multiple times, that we didnt change anything about crafting. Even if you dont want to accept the obvious, you should atleast stop spreading lies. NOTHING got changed about salvaging since a very long time. Check https://playphoenix.online/patch-notes and do crtl + f and search for "salvag" and "crafting". But i guess you will still not believe in my words.

Anyways, lets stop this discussion now and keep this thread clean for those who are in need of advice.
Building your world since 2017

What am I missing? Trinketing was not more profitable than vendoring.

Here is where I am:
Tailoring 326
Leather/Clothworking 323
Metalworking 302
Woodworking 300
AC/WC/Fletch 0

Example 1:
Steel hammer vendors for 26s 25c
Salvages into 3 steel bars
3 trinketed steel brackets sells for 11s 56c
Net loss 14s 69c

Example 2:
Elm staff vendors for 11s 25c
Salvages into 9 elmwood
4 elmwood breadboards + 1 elmwood sells for 4s 50c
Net loss 6s 75c

I'd like to understand what went wrong before ploughing onwards. Any advice, TIA!

analyn wrote:
Sun 3 Nov 2019 6:15 AM
What am I missing? Trinketing was not more profitable than vendoring.

Here is where I am:
Tailoring 326
Leather/Clothworking 323
Metalworking 302
Woodworking 300
AC/WC/Fletch 0

Example 1:
Steel hammer vendors for 26s 25c
Salvages into 3 steel bars
3 trinketed steel brackets sells for 11s 56c
Net loss 14s 69c

Example 2:
Elm staff vendors for 11s 25c
Salvages into 9 elmwood
4 elmwood breadboards + 1 elmwood sells for 4s 50c
Net loss 6s 75c

I'd like to understand what went wrong before ploughing onwards. Any advice, TIA!

probably not high enouhg to always get maximum ressources when salvaging

scilly wrote:
Thu 24 Jan 2019 4:23 PM
Hello, I have been asked many times by guild members on the best way to level salvage that is both time effective and cost effective. So today i set about on a new char to max all salvaging skills for the least amount of money.

If you do not understand the crafting system i suggest you to check out this amazing post by Mura https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4123

The basics of Salvaging.

This guide teaches you how to skill up the required trade skills to salvage drops while you grind xp. For complete newbies this means once you have these skills maxed out you can salvage all drops to get a better return in gold. Metal and Wood can be trinketed into items and sold for a higher value to merchants that the base materials or the original item you salvaged, for cloth and leather you can either save to raise tailoring cheaper or sell directly to merchant for profit. i dont advice trinketing the cloth and leather as you have to purchase thread to trinket these items.

I will break this down in to 2 guides,
1, For just metal and wood salvage.
2, For LGM in Cloth, Metal, Leather and Woodworking.

Before i start all timescales are based on using 4 crafting quest items and all cost values will be subject to change based on rng of skill gains so please keep that in mind.

Macros used are as follows
/macro 10 /craftqueue buy 10 (provided you have the correct merchant will purchase materials for 10 crafts)
/macro 60 /craftqueue 60 ( will craft the item after you click this macro 60 times or untill you run out of materials)
/macro 1 /moveitem sell #bag1
/macro 2 /moveitem sell #bag2
/macro 3 /moveitem sell #bag3
/macro 4 /moveitem sell #bag4
/macro 5 /moveitem sell #bag5

Make sure you have removed all items you dont want to sell from you backpack before using the sell macros!

Craft these in the order they are listed!

1, Metal and Wood Salvage

Craft--------------------- Skill-----Cost---Time Taken

Tailoring----------------300-----12g-----30mins
Woodworking--------300----- 4g------15mins
Metalworking---------300-----3g------15mins
Fletcher ----------------500-----22g---- 25mins
Weapon crafting-----200----19g-----20mins
Armour crafting----- 200----14g-----24mins
Total---------------------1100---74g-----2hrs 9mins

2, All LGM Salvage

Craft--------------------Skill-------Cost-----Time Taken

Tailoring---------------200--------2g---------15mins
Woodworking-------200--------1g----------10mins
Metalworking--------200--------50s--------10mins
Fletcher----------------500--------22g--------25mins
Clothworking--------200-500--27g--------25mins
Leatherworking----200-500---32g-------22mins
Weapon crafting---300---------5g---------37mins
Armour crafting----200---------14g-------24mins
Tailoring---------------200-500--172g-----40mins
Total---------------------1000------355g-----3hrs 28mins

Notes,
Tailoring you make the 3 types of leather gloves and boots. (you could increase speed here by skipping the 3rd tier boots and moving on to the next lvl but will increase cost)
Fletcher you start on Blunt arrows till 91 skill then swap to bodkin and finish 400-500 on broadhead.
Weapon crafting is Dagger-Hand Axe-Flanged Mace-Rapier-Round Shield.
Armour crafting is the 3 types studded gloves and boots same as tailor. (you could increase speed here by skipping the 3rd tier boots and moving on to the next lvl but will increase cost)
The total skill in guide 1, is approx but will be closer to 1100 wood working 1000 metal working.

I hope this helps both new and old players in maxing out the cash potential while grinding xp and template funds!

First time posting on the forum, and I've got to say, kudos my man. Big kudos for the guide.

Had a couple of LGM's back in the day (tailor, alch) but I never invested so much tinkering into it. With the macros and skill plan, it's a no brainer.

Literally got me to max salvage rate in a couple of hours with less than 400g spent.

Cheers.

Hello, i tried following this guide but , i'm on Hib and i don't find any recipe in Armorcrafting that skill up metalworking . beside the scale recipe which require tailoring ,
do i have to make cloth to skill up ?

Zebul1n wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 7:08 PM
Hello, i tried following this guide but , i'm on Hib and i don't find any recipe in Armorcrafting that skill up metalworking . beside the scale recipe which require tailoring ,

euh try the reinforced armor perhaps??....

Zebul1n wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 7:08 PM

Metalworking is not going to be leveled through armorcrafting, at least not effectively. Get your fletching to 500 or whatever the guide says. Once ALL the arrows are gray, then get progress your weaponcrafting. Both of these will get metalworking to 1100.

I literally just followed this guide last night. I spent 4 hours in total and about 500g. Both amounts higher than the listed estimates but it was my own fault or leaning process of the macros, what to craft and what to buy.

I would suggest against making scale armor to level metalworking up, this will become expensive and more time consuming.

By following the guide I got to 1100 in everything but metalworking 1020 or so, It was so late and my eyes were tired that I missed weapon crafting progression. I may have wavered from the OP, I figured maybe some changes happened so I took the advice on page 7 of this thread found below. Somehow ended with 1000 MW and WC remained at 200, so I got that up to complete everything at 1100+

How to reach 1100 each in Metalworking / Woodworking / Leathercrafting / Clothworking for less than 300g

1) Tailoring 360
2) Metalworking 360
3) Woodworking 360
4) Weaponcraft 209
5) Fletching 540
6) Leathercrafting 540
7) Clothworking 540
8) Armorcraft 435
9) Tailoring 490

Hints:
For Tailoring use leather gloves and leather boots
For Armorcraft use studded gloves and studded boots