Have Mercy

Started 15 Apr 2018
by Bebop86
in Crafting
I think we'd all appreciate it if you don't make crafting take a millennium, and sort out end game mats so they are available in major cities. Lusters would also be nice so we can customize characters further.

Any other ideas would be appreciated in this thread.
Sun 15 Apr 2018 2:16 PM by Kralin
Lime Green dyes and lusters.
Sun 15 Apr 2018 2:23 PM by Rurisk
Crafting will be made easier and there will be the new colours.
Mon 16 Apr 2018 6:40 PM by Seigmoraig
I don't mind as much the time it takes to level it up as the having to horse around to get the mats. With porters in this version of the game, there is little reason not to have all the mats centralized in the capitals.
Tue 17 Apr 2018 11:56 AM by Topenga
Crafting is totally fine with me :-)
Wed 18 Apr 2018 7:24 PM by Tree
And allow autoclickers. Not only is crafting less fun and more work without them it also creates a lot of work for the staff and an unnecessary amount of people gets banned over it. See Uthgard...
Wed 18 Apr 2018 7:52 PM by Seigmoraig
Tree wrote:
Wed 18 Apr 2018 7:24 PM
And allow autoclickers. Not only is crafting less fun and more work without them it also creates a lot of work for the staff and an unnecessary amount of people gets banned over it. See Uthgard...

More work without them...

Might as well just give everybody 1100 skill in every craft if you allow autoclickers

plz no
Wed 18 Apr 2018 10:38 PM by Soukou
Seigmoraig wrote:
Wed 18 Apr 2018 7:52 PM
Tree wrote:

More work without them...

Might as well just give everybody 1100 skill in every craft if you allow autoclickers

plz no

Make it quicker but NO autoclickers.
Thu 19 Apr 2018 12:58 PM by Uthred
Tree wrote:

Autoclickers arent allowed and wont be allowed.
Fri 20 Apr 2018 7:40 PM by Tree
Its not like they interfere a lot with how people play. You still have to buy materials, decide what to craft, sell it etc. Im not for any fully automatic bot programs or whatever. But sitting in front of the screen for 5 minutes repeatedly pressing one single button every few seconds is no quality gaming experience. Autoclickers were part of classic DAoC and they were tolerated there.
Policing them in my opinion is a waste of staff time and banning them also doesnt make the game better. Quite the contrary in my opinion.
Fri 20 Apr 2018 8:38 PM by Ceen
Tree wrote:
Fri 20 Apr 2018 7:40 PM
Its not like they interfere a lot with how people play. You still have to buy materials, decide what to craft, sell it etc. Im not for any fully automatic bot programs or whatever. But sitting in front of the screen for 5 minutes repeatedly pressing one single button every few seconds is no quality gaming experience. Autoclickers were part of classic DAoC and they were tolerated there.
Policing them in my opinion is a waste of staff time and banning them also doesnt make the game better. Quite the contrary in my opinion.

This post is so retarded, made my day.
That sums up phoenix problems, retards asking retarded stuff and if enough do it it might even be considered
Sat 21 Apr 2018 4:25 PM by Seigmoraig
Tree wrote:
Fri 20 Apr 2018 7:40 PM

Find something to do while crafting:
Get a Nintendo Switch
Play Hearthstone on your phone
Get a cat
Get a 3DS

Buffbots were also part of the "DAoC experience". So was horsing 15 minutes to get somewhere. Nobody wants these things.
Wed 25 Apr 2018 6:46 PM by Tree
Ceen wrote:
Fri 20 Apr 2018 8:38 PM
This post is so retarded, made my day.
That sums up phoenix problems, retards asking retarded stuff and if enough do it it might even be considered

Lucky you the staff isnt enforcing any rules regarding forum behaviour. Real quality discussion insulting fellow players.

Back to topic. Saying "find something else to do, while you craft" isnt an argument. You can shut down any focus on quality gametime in DAoC with just the same. Insert horse riding, waiting on porter, running to XYZ, etc.
Phoenix is a progressive server that focuses on fun over classic setting. Well if you believe sitting in front of the computer for hours clicking one single key every few seconds like a braindead idiot is fun, then we probably will never agree on what is right or wrong. But modern games dont have this kind of nonsense anymore, unless you are into dumbed down chinese browser MMOs.

For me its not even about the autoclicker program. Its just an easy fix for an outdated gaming mechanic. If a DEV can be bothered, maybe add in a crafting feature that lets you toggle a buff and you will craft the next item key you push over and over again until you run out of material.

Sure this way your character will still maybe stand an hour somewhere crafting, but at least you can leave the desk, do laundry, shopping or read a book relatively uninterrupted.

TL;DR Having players sit in front of the computer for any prolonged amount of time and have them push one single button every few seconds is no quality gaming experience. Please find a better solution. And please dont ban players for bypassing the mechanic, because those players might be severly missed party members in actually interesting and fun endeavours.
Thu 26 Apr 2018 3:18 PM by Hedien
I have to agree - crafting, as it is, is not about generating fun. I never saw a player say "I crafted 3 hours last night, what a blast!"

Whenever someone design a game mechanism that is so un-stimulating that players will do laundry / taxes / watch a movie / any other stuff does not make sense to me. This is simply bad gameplay design. If someone asks to make this mechanism fun, it just shows that he wants to enjoy all moments of his time spent on Daoc.

I am drawing a parallel with raming doors on keep. Same mechanism as crafting : wait for a bar to finish then click - a lot of people don't enjoy this part of the game. In warhammer online, they added a mini game which was to hit the button at the right moment to get a better damage on door. Which made the door ramming bearable.

Now, to auto craft while you are doing something else is just avoiding the problem. I think we need to look at ways to make crafting stimulating :
- Crafting quests : I personally never did them because I had the feeling it was too slow. Maybe boost the rewards in terms of crafting progression?

I am sure that if everybody racked their brains, realistic ideas could pop-up for everyone's benefit.

Hed.
Sat 28 Apr 2018 5:33 AM by Bebop86
When I made this post I hoped we would get more ideas for crafting/craftable items not 2 pages about auto clickers... Suggestions still welcomed stop with the trolling though honestly.
Sat 28 Apr 2018 10:12 PM by Ashman
give every success 10 points instead of one? dunno pretty easy to nerf craftingtime if thats even a thing
Sat 28 Apr 2018 10:28 PM by Rurisk
I write this as a Player not as a gm!
Maybe add a little Chance to get 2 or even 3 points when crafting a orange recipe?
Mon 30 Apr 2018 4:38 AM by Hedien
Rurisk wrote:
Sat 28 Apr 2018 10:28 PM
I write this as a Player not as a gm!
Maybe add a little Chance to get 2 or even 3 points when crafting a orange recipe?

Yes, I love this idea of a simple multiplier. But let's put a set of condition to it to make it more entertaining :
- Maybe change the place where you can benefit from this. (alternate between capital / reliquary / etc)
- Maybe only able to do this when you craft a specific item in the range you are in i.e. (0-100,101-200, etc).
- Such item is actually part of a crafting quest to be taken in the capital when you lvl up.

Hed.
Mon 30 Apr 2018 1:12 PM by Steez
Farm the money and buy the crafted shit off the market if you don't like crafting. I havent crafted in ten years.
Tue 1 May 2018 3:19 AM by Jabstar
Steez wrote:
Mon 30 Apr 2018 1:12 PM
Farm the money and buy the crafted shit off the market if you don't like crafting. I havent crafted in ten years.

Amazingly irrelevant. Anyway I also like rurisks idea. Maybe with a small animation. Also with a fitting message in your chat window. Something like "as if Odin himself was wielding the hammer, you feel more expertly at your craft. (+1)" details of course but we're just talking here ;-)
Wed 2 May 2018 1:35 PM by Steez
Jabstar wrote:
Tue 1 May 2018 3:19 AM
Steez wrote:

Amazingly irrelevant. Anyway I also like rurisks idea. Maybe with a small animation. Also with a fitting message in your chat window. Something like "as if Odin himself was wielding the hammer, you feel more expertly at your craft. (+1)" details of course but we're just talking here ;-)

I offered a simple alternative to those who don't like to craft. I rather just go rvr then sit in town for 6 hours watching netflix waiting for the ding so that is how I will earn my cash. The people asking about autoclicker are clearly trolls.
Thu 3 May 2018 11:15 AM by Hedien
Steez wrote:
Wed 2 May 2018 1:35 PM
Jabstar wrote:
Tue 1 May 2018 3:19 AM
Steez wrote:

I offered a simple alternative to those who don't like to craft. I rather just go rvr then sit in town for 6 hours watching netflix waiting for the ding so that is how I will earn my cash. The people asking about autoclicker are clearly trolls.

I think it is irrelevant too.

The purpose of this thread is "How can we have QoL changes into an obsolete crafting system", you are merely proposing an already existing alternative.

But if I may, the fact that you propose the alternative validates the unattractiveness of the system.

Hed.
Fri 4 May 2018 6:37 AM by cdc
see: https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49
Fri 4 May 2018 2:32 PM by Seigmoraig
cdc wrote:
Fri 4 May 2018 6:37 AM

Amazing ! this is a great innovation for the game
Fri 4 May 2018 11:00 PM by Tree
You made me a very happy Tree
Sat 5 May 2018 2:17 AM by Hedien
cdc wrote:
Fri 4 May 2018 6:37 AM

The benefits : Will not have to be brain dead watching the bar load for 2 min repeatedly.
The inconvenient : You will still log onto daoc and actually not play.

I welcome this change, but if we could an open mind to make crafting more interesting for a player to actually stay in front of the screen...

Hed.
Sat 5 May 2018 3:11 AM by gruenesschaf
I don't really think there is any way to make the core crafting mechanic in any way interesting, it's literally just watching a bar move from left to right.

Almost all mmos suffer from that and they usually try to hide that with the material collection being "interesting" and the craft time itself rather short and/or not requiring the huge amounts of items being crafted, some newer ones may have some kind of mini game but that would basically be impossible to add here.

The most one can do without changing it entirely is to make it less painful with automation or reducing the time required via more / faster skill gain or faster crafting in general. More skill gain would have the issue of making it cheaper though.
Sat 5 May 2018 5:19 AM by Hedien
I think you are right, changing the mechanism might simply be too time consuming.

Hed.
Wed 9 May 2018 11:04 PM by Bebop86
Being able to que up as many items as needed is 10/10 thank you so gd much.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics