Was this the dev's intention for cabs?

Started 21 Jan 2021
by Takeahnase
in Albion
The latest round changes to the cab include a nerf to the pet recycle; since the amber simulacrum now has less hp, it doesn't return as much power.

I'm not sure why the chanter and cab pets' hp was reduced to begin with, but I'm sure there was a good reason for it. However, was it the dev's intention to simultaneously nerf the pet recycle for cabs?
Thu 21 Jan 2021 4:25 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Takeahnase wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 3:30 AM
I'm not sure why the chanter and cab pets' hp was reduced to begin with, but I'm sure there was a good reason for it

Because when the server first started focus pulling was by far the fastest way to level. I mean, 10 hours to get to 50, fast.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 6:41 AM by Sepplord
more specifically, because those pets HP was increased artificially to faciliate focuspulling, just for focuspulling then get destroyed by a focus-shield nerf
no idea how/why that happened and why the HP was left in for so long, but fixing it is a good thing. Those pets felt far too sturdy compared to others
Thu 21 Jan 2021 8:55 AM by Lollie
Takeahnase wrote:
The latest round changes to the cab include a nerf to the pet recycle; since the amber simulacrum now has less hp, it doesn't return as much power.

I'm not sure why the chanter and cab pets' hp was reduced to begin with, but I'm sure there was a good reason for it. However, was it the dev's intention to simultaneously nerf the pet recycle for cabs?

I'm assuming you still get more power back than it took to cast? I think most chanters/SM would give thier left nut for an ability like this to be honest.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 11:32 AM by opossum12
Takeahnase wrote:

They nerfed it because in RvR, a Amber pet takes roughly 8-12 hits/nukes to die, while other pets like the SM takes 4-5.

Add to that the speed burst from the Amber and the "put pet on passive so it runs at full speed when rooted" abuse and you get the reason for the recent nerfs.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 11:41 AM by Patron
Its not only Cabs, its Enchanters too.
Underhill Compatriot is the Tankpet and the use in rvr is not present. This new nerf is just stupid and negotiate the farm-abilities from ench massive!

Pets same as classes archetypes spells styles groupsetups should not be similiar.
This is not daoc anymore.
Celebrate the differences!
Thu 21 Jan 2021 11:54 AM by Patron
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 6:41 AM
more specifically, because those pets HP was increased artificially to faciliate focuspulling, just for focuspulling then get destroyed by a focus-shield nerf
no idea how/why that happened and why the HP was left in for so long, but fixing it is a good thing. Those pets felt far too sturdy compared to others

Comparing to make all parameter same is the opposite of the DaoC-spirit...
And Underhill Compatriot do not cycle. U ever lvl or farm with a verdant ani?
So stupid (your statement, not you personal ^^)!
Thu 21 Jan 2021 12:11 PM by Takeahnase
Hi All, thank you for the replies. Like i said, i'm sure there's a good reason for the changes. I just wanted to know if the dev's intended to simultaneously nerf the amount of power siphoned from the pet recycle.

If indeed it was their intention to nerf the pet recycle, then i'll have to be fine with that and add it to the list of other inconvenient changes made to the class recently -- although i do appreciate the new matter nuke. It just seems odd that the chanter pet receives the same nerf, suggesting that it was just a matter of lowering the hp of these willing creatures.

The amber simulacrum has always returned more power than the other cab pets due to its self con buff. Since the changes yesterday, i receive the same amount of power from all pets including the amber, even though the amber still shows as having the con buff. Wasn't this con buff a natural part of the game? Do all cab pets now have the same amount of hp?
Thu 21 Jan 2021 12:20 PM by Sepplord
Patron wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 11:54 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 6:41 AM

Comparing to make all parameter same is the opposite of the DaoC-spirit...
And Underhill Compatriot do not cycle. U ever lvl or farm with a verdant ani?
So stupid (your statement, not you personal ^^)!

Ok i'll rephrase that, simulacrum was far too sturdy in RvR. period.
The rest is also not my statement, but my paraphrasing the devs statement why the HP-buff got removed
Thu 21 Jan 2021 12:22 PM by Patron
I guess the idea is, all casted pets should have the same amount of hp.
Necro´s? Animists? Bonedancers?
Ofc a SM pet is weaker then the underhill compatriot. It should, because of intercept! Or get all other pets intercept too? How about Ani Mainshroom, did they can move soon?
So ridiculous and so stupid, to make a whole archetype (pet-classes) of the game same pet-hp, while pets still have special features.
The Compatriot is the Tank-Pet and with this feature, its useless. I take in future the Underhill Ally, because of the heals makes a better tankpet then the Compatriot.

In german languages we have a term for this, it calls "verschlimmbessern", in english "disimprove"!
Ok i'll rephrase that, simulacrum was far too sturdy in RvR. period.
The rest is also not my statement, but my paraphrasing the devs statement why the HP-buff got removed

Ah got it, thx Sepplord! Sry if my statement make you feel attacked, was not my intention!

Edit: I´ve read the statement of gruenesschaf and it makes sense now. The Hp-Bonus was added on top at born of Phoenix and this bonus is now got removed (in arena to evaluate).
This makes more sense to me now.
So the goal is not to make pets of petclasses the same, i hope!
Thu 21 Jan 2021 12:24 PM by poplik
remember that these changes were just a revert of a custom buff, these pets weren't supposed to have that much health in the first place
Thu 21 Jan 2021 12:41 PM by Patron
poplik wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 12:24 PM
remember that these changes were just a revert of a custom buff, these pets weren't supposed to have that much health in the first place

Ya, got it! Thanks
Fri 22 Jan 2021 1:27 PM by Takeahnase
poplik wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the amber simulacrum has had more hp than any other cab pet since 2001, because of the self con buff. Now all cab pets have the same amount of hp.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 1:30 PM by gruenesschaf
Takeahnase wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 1:27 PM
poplik wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the amber simulacrum has had more hp than any other cab pet since 2001, because of the self con buff. Now all cab pets have the same amount of hp.

Con on npcs increases absorb, not hp.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 2:23 PM by Takeahnase
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 1:30 PM
Takeahnase wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 1:27 PM
poplik wrote:

Con on npcs increases absorb, not hp.

I see. So was the hp reduction also intended to reduce the power siphoned from the amber pet by (roughly) 20%? I realize the two things go hand-in-hand, but i just want to make sure. If it was, and there are no plans to adjust the power return in the future, then i'll just learn to live with it i suppose.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics