Scout advice: template and spec + RA

Started 29 Sep 2020
by bigne88
in Albion
Greetings fellow daoc players,

I'd like to ask you some tips about Scout:
1. weaponless or not? it is worth? I'm not gonna be hardcore min maxer (I dont wanna spend 50 plats on a tp).
2. I have a lot of feathers, more than plats. What can I buy for my TP? I heard a shield, a cloak, a bow etc
3. What kind of charge do I need to have for good performance? and which enchants you put on armor?
4. A versatile spec and RAs?

Thanks in advance, I'm really inexperienced about stealthers
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:08 PM by DinoTriz
I'll try to add some info, but I won't have all the answers.

1) I've heard weaponless Scout templates get pretty expensive because they need to accommodate more than 3 specs (Bow, Weapon, Stealth, Shield). However, there is a good reason to go weaponless if you can. The STR/CON debuff bow.

2) As far as feathers go, definitely buy the Sidi chest piece. Also get Heart of Legion and I forget which merchant has the STR/CON debuff bow, but get that as well. Using this bow and then switching to a Life Tap proc bow is a good reason to go weaponless with your template.

3) Not sure about charges, but armor enchants should be Ablatives, and NOT heal as you will most likely run into a lot of stealthers so you will be diseased a lot.

4) Scouts nothing in melee, so it's kind of a waste to spec into weapon. 45 in Shield is mandatory. I'm personally Sniper spec myself. 50 Bow, 45 Shield, 37~ Stealth (at RR3), and 9? Weapon.

As far as RAs, it kind of depends on how you want to play, but a good general rule is get Purge 2 (at least). Avoid Falcon's Eye and get Mastery of Archery and Aug Quickness both to level 5. This will get your Rapid Shot to 1.5s (assuming you are Saracen and put 10 points into Quickness at creation)
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:16 PM by bigne88
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:08 PM
I'll try to add some info, but I won't have all the answers.

1) I've heard weaponless Scout templates get pretty expensive because they need to accommodate more than 3 specs (Bow, Weapon, Stealth, Shield). However, there is a good reason to go weaponless if you can. The STR/CON debuff bow.

2) As far as feathers go, definitely buy the Sidi chest piece. Also get Heart of Legion and I forget which merchant has the STR/CON debuff bow, but get that as well. Using this bow and then switching to a Life Tap proc bow is a good reason to go weaponless with your template.

3) Not sure about charges, but armor enchants should be Ablatives, and NOT heal as you will most likely run into a lot of stealthers so you will be diseased a lot.

4) Scouts nothing in melee, so it's kind of a waste to spec into weapon. 45 in Shield is mandatory. I'm personally Sniper spec myself. 50 Bow, 45 Shield, 37~ Stealth (at RR3), and 9? Weapon.

As far as RAs, it kind of depends on how you want to play, but a good general rule is get Purge 2 (at least). Avoid Falcon's Eye and get Mastery of Archery and Aug Quickness both to level 5. This will get your Rapid Shot to 1.5s (assuming you are Saracen and put 10 points into Quickness at creation)

Thx a lot!
What abiut bow speed? And dot proc on bow makes sense? Dosent break snare?
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:32 PM by DinoTriz
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:16 PM
Thx a lot!
What abiut bow speed? And dot proc on bow makes sense? Dosent break snare?

I personally use 5.5 bow speed. I'm 99% sure that's the slowest available and I believe Scouts are unique in the fact that they get the slowest bows. At least on Live they did.

I'm not totally sure if dot proc breaks the shield snare or not. I have talked with other Scouts who have dot procs on their bows though. I would bet it does though.

I personally have a DD proc on mine. I'm usually full health when attacking someone and I like a little bit of front loaded damage added onto my Crit Shot. But that's just me.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 4:04 PM by Kwall0311
50 bow 45 shield spec is pretty common. However once you get some rank 39 Thrust can be fun in situations. It just doesnt work against SB/NS, since the Enervating ws/con and lifebane/viper is just too much for you to keep up with. Even though high IP you will lose. But you would have no problem fighting rangers/hunters , even other melee classes fairly.

Aug Qui 5 / Mastery of Archery 5 is a good start to reach 1.5 speed rapid with a 5.5 speed bow, if saracen with +10 qui at creation.

Aug Dex5 to boost thrust/block/bow damage

Purge 2+or IP 2+ are always good to have, As well as first aid if able to kite out targets.

MOB is another good passive.

Some extra mentions are Second wind, another bar of endo can go along way if kiting/dealing with adds, even if using Endo heal barrel.

Toughness will boost the effectiveness of IP and FA

Falcons eye isnt the best anymore, just like MoPain, but likely worth picking up if full sniper.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 5:14 PM by bigne88
Kwall0311 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 4:04 PM
50 bow 45 shield spec is pretty common. However once you get some rank 39 Thrust can be fun in situations. It just doesnt work against SB/NS, since the Enervating ws/con and lifebane/viper is just too much for you to keep up with. Even though high IP you will lose. But you would have no problem fighting rangers/hunters , even other melee classes fairly.

Aug Qui 5 / Mastery of Archery 5 is a good start to reach 1.5 speed rapid with a 5.5 speed bow, if saracen with +10 qui at creation.

Aug Dex5 to boost thrust/block/bow damage

Purge 2+or IP 2+ are always good to have, As well as first aid if able to kite out targets.

MOB is another good passive.

Some extra mentions are Second wind, another bar of endo can go along way if kiting/dealing with adds, even if using Endo heal barrel.

Toughness will boost the effectiveness of IP and FA

Falcons eye isnt the best anymore, just like MoPain, but likely worth picking up if full sniper.

you m8 seem pretty comfydent with scout.
Any recomended feathers items i can buy and fill into TP?
everything else is 99%? what kind of jewl quality shall i grab?
Tue 29 Sep 2020 5:28 PM by Kwall0311
I would only grab the Sidi chest and Dragonscale Buckler as far as feather items. Theres also a 75 UT fz cloak for scouts you can use if you dont have a good rog one.

Weaponless temp for scout can be done with MP reinforced and around 70 average utility. I would recommend doing it so you can swap MH and bows.

A crafted 5.5 speed with DD, or rog 5.5 with LT are good options , and you can always swap in the 5.3 STR/CON debuff if you know the fight will be long enough.

The 2.5 dragon buckler is what you want to use for your slam/stops . You can also use a shield swap that has a DD Proc, Charge, Dmg add proc etc which can be useful in specific scenarios
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics