Can matter wizard farm as well as cabby?

Started 7 Sep 2020
by gotwqqd
in Albion
I changed my cabby spec to spirit for solo/group rvr.
Wondering if a matter wizard can adequately farm.
Or make another cabby.
I find farming much faster on aoe dot pulls than with my necro.
Mon 7 Sep 2020 12:08 PM by Centenario
You should try Painworking Necro too. I have seen some painworking necro pull around 30mobs at once.
Mon 7 Sep 2020 12:52 PM by gotwqqd
Centenario wrote:
Mon 7 Sep 2020 12:08 PM
You should try Painworking Necro too. I have seen some painworking necro pull around 30mobs at once.
Solo? Orange con?
Tue 8 Sep 2020 1:15 PM by Sepplord
If the delve is the same the dmg should be comparable...

Caba has the huge benefit of having a pet to stack the mobs into one place to dot them, so while wiz might be viable and also a good farmer compared to other non-farmer classes, they will be slightly less good than cabbas
Tue 8 Sep 2020 2:03 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Wizards can't clump the targets or disease them, so no they are not as effective.

That doesn't mean they're incapable of AE farming.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 10:54 PM by Komaf
Get a 5 plat horse (have fun with the quest if you don't have pals). Speedily ride around said clump of mobs. Get clump into a tiny ball of poopy looking pixels. Dismount and aoe said clump, sprint, kite, aoe, kite, aoe, repeat.

Done.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:57 AM by gotwqqd
I took advantage of event and made a farming matter cabby
RR5
Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:55 AM by Valaraukar
And cabbys have infinte power thanks to that absurdly OP lvl3 spec cast "Pet conversion"
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:32 PM by DinoTriz
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:55 AM
And cabbys have infinte power thanks to that absurdly OP lvl3 spec cast "Pet conversion"

I never understood this, doesn't it only give you back the power that it cost to summon the pet? Wouldn't you essentially break even when summoning another pet?
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:41 PM by gotwqqd
DinoTriz wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:32 PM
Valaraukar wrote:

I never understood this, doesn't it only give you back the power that it cost to summon the pet? Wouldn't you essentially break even when summoning another pet?
If you have a pet up and enough to cast....3 releases will give you full bar
But then you need cast your pet
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:43 PM by Valaraukar
DinoTriz wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:32 PM
Valaraukar wrote:

What? The pet costs about 20%, it gives you back 50%

Example starting with 25% power (the % is just to give an idea, but it's quite accurate):
1: summon, kill: 50%
2: summon, kill: 75%
3: summon, kill: 100%

in about 15 seconds. No MCL needed, no serenity, no pom potions, only free power for your wonderful cabby
Fri 2 Oct 2020 12:20 AM by The Skies Asunder
I believe the pet conversion spell gives you back a value of power in relation to the pets current HP. It really is just free power though as long as you have enough to cast a pet in the first place, as the return value for a full life pet is much higher than the cost of casting the pet.
Tue 6 Oct 2020 10:25 AM by Salidry
yes, and thats why you use amber pet as it selfcasts base const when summoned and therefore gives more mana than other unbuffed pets
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics