Re: Friars

It is really worth going 25 for that extra heal i was thinking of stopping at 24 for the hot.... shout i take that extra point and for 25 for the heal. so if i do get of the snare. I could potentially get off a big heal.

MuddBeard wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 8:54 PM
It is really worth going 25 for that extra heal i was thinking of stopping at 24 for the hot.... shout i take that extra point and for 25 for the heal. so if i do get of the snare. I could potentially get off a big heal.

I'm not a super big fan of parry. It just depends if you want that 37% better heal than two more parry going 24 to 25 rejuv.

If you wants lots of parry and staff, 16 rejuv is where it's at

Yep for low RR, solo: i like the 39staff 45enhance 16 rejuv 23 parry specc. It hits hard and you parry alot.
(this specc does ok in Duo, especially with a Minstrel... at higher RR the 34staff specc will be better as you wont lose as much damage and gain healing).

HoTs are huge power sinks and only useful in big groups. For example, i prefer 34staff 45enhance 32rejuv 11parry as a hybrid specc for everything except 8v8 or DS where i would probably do the 34/45/34 hybrid... & i think most 8v8 full Rejuv Friars do not bother with the 44rejuv HoT.

In my opinion, the improvement of the HoT is very much needed. Firstly, lower power cost, secondly allow it to be casted while moving < any Devs listening >

Blitze wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 11:59 AM
Yep for low RR, solo: i like the 39staff 45enhance 16 rejuv 23 parry specc. It hits hard and you parry alot.
(this specc does ok in Duo, especially with a Minstrel... at higher RR the 34staff specc will be better as you wont lose as much damage and gain healing).

HoTs are huge power sinks and only useful in big groups. For example, i prefer 34staff 45enhance 32rejuv 11parry as a hybrid specc for everything except 8v8 or DS where i would probably do the 34/45/34 hybrid... & i think most 8v8 full Rejuv Friars do not bother with the 44rejuv HoT.

In my opinion, the improvement of the HoT is very much needed. Firstly, lower power cost, secondly allow it to be casted while moving < any Devs listening >

I agree. However you really want that 33spec heal.

I think the HoT should be an instant with a short cool down. The length of the cool down would depend on how good the HoT is. More it heals and less power it takes is what the cool down should be.

Centenario wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:34 PM
My Friar strategy for speccing:
40 rejuv (heal proc, and cure ns 2)
composite 48 enhancement for the 1.25% bonus to buff delves for base dex (could consider going composite 50 for bonus to strength buff too.
as close as possible to composite 52 on staff.
Rest Parry or more staff

This spec is my friar DS spec, 20% of my DS runs done on that friar.
Never (except when you care) explain, never complain, never pander.

I am planning on switching my friar spec to 34 rejuv 34 staff 45 enhancement, i have been running 16/39/45 but i feel very useless in groups.
I am thinking that with 34 rejuv, i will at least be able to support on healing.

i wonder why nobody mentioned 48 enhancement for the red cold buff? i mean cold trains are rare on mid and in that case it wont help you but a runemaster/bd is very common.
i would aim for

48 enc
40 ren
18 staff

RA
det9
VR5
purge5

on paper that looks like a really good healer with det, high dmg absorb and peeling ability.
in fact me and my guild ran into a grp with cleric/friar healing duo and they were quite strong
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 10:31 AM
i wonder why nobody mentioned 48 enhancement for the red cold buff? i mean cold trains are rare on mid and in that case it wont help you but a runemaster/bd is very common.
i would aim for

48 enc
40 ren
18 staff

RA
det9
VR5
purge5

on paper that looks like a really good healer with det, high dmg absorb and peeling ability.
in fact me and my guild ran into a grp with cleric/friar healing duo and they were quite strong

That's a very good spec for a support friar, but I think the OP might have been thinking more along the lines of with hybrid/tri-spec or more of a solo/staff spec with some group skills/spec. For groups this really requires a min 25rej to a max 34rej and either a 34 or 39 staff spec to go along with 45enh.

Interesting specs for friars. Since Im fairly new to Phoenix. I was wondering if Friars can solo kill mobs in Sidi? If so wha specs would be best?

kuplet wrote:
Sat 26 Sep 2020 5:13 PM
Interesting specs for friars. Since Im fairly new to Phoenix. I was wondering if Friars can solo kill mobs in Sidi? If so wha specs would be best?

I haven't tested on Phoenix, but I would assume that basically all classes would suffer (or be straight up impossible) trying to solo in the epic dungeons at this patch level.
Anberlin, Reigel, Automata
Crossbreed, Solyria
Amery, Aristocrat