Mostly solo sorcerer...torn between 3 rvr specs.

Started 20 Dec 2019
by gotwqqd
in Albion
45Body/28Mind- Love the DD, not crazy about lousy pet and weaker mezz

40Body/39Mind- Nothing stands out and weak pet

44Mind/31Body- Love the better CC and same level pet, not crazy about the damage variance

Love some first hand long term experience
Sat 21 Dec 2019 1:57 AM by Azuell
For solo/small man I feel like you almost have to go 40 body 36 mind, especially at low rr. I have never tried 45 body but I think the fact the life tap has a faster cast time helps offset the lower damage delve and it heals you. The higher mind spec isn't worth having to deal with the damage variance imo.

Once you get higher rr I could see going with the higher mind spec and I've considered it but I just can't give up the yellow aoe root. Our whole game plan as a small man revolves around cc cycling and that aoe root is really clutch sometimes.

For 8 man, it's a different story. I'm sure they prefer the high mind spec and you never want to root so dropping down to blue aoe root doesn't matter.

Also, with 36 mind you can charm level 50 mobs.
Mon 27 Apr 2020 11:10 PM by gotwqqd
Azuell wrote:
Sat 21 Dec 2019 1:57 AM
For solo/small man I feel like you almost have to go 40 body 36 mind, especially at low rr. I have never tried 45 body but I think the fact the life tap has a faster cast time helps offset the lower damage delve and it heals you. The higher mind spec isn't worth having to deal with the damage variance imo.

Once you get higher rr I could see going with the higher mind spec and I've considered it but I just can't give up the yellow aoe root. Our whole game plan as a small man revolves around cc cycling and that aoe root is really clutch sometimes.

For 8 man, it's a different story. I'm sure they prefer the high mind spec and you never want to root so dropping down to blue aoe root doesn't matter.

Also, with 36 mind you can charm level 50 mobs.
What about 38 body simply so you can get the level 9 instant dex/quick debuff as a possible interupt
Tue 28 Apr 2020 12:46 PM by Azuell
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 11:10 PM
What about 38 body simply so you can get the level 9 instant dex/quick debuff as a possible interupt

I don't think I understand but the instant debuffs don't interrupt. Dropping body to 38 doesn't get you anything else in mind and you lose the yellow AoE root. Actually looking at the charplan it looks like the d/q debuff is at 37 so if you dropped body to 37 you could get the next group mez reduction buff but I don't think that's worth it.
Tue 28 Apr 2020 12:53 PM by gotwqqd
Azuell wrote:
Tue 28 Apr 2020 12:46 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 27 Apr 2020 11:10 PM

I don't think I understand but the instant debuffs don't interrupt. Dropping body to 38 doesn't get you anything else in mind and you lose the yellow AoE root. Actually looking at the charplan it looks like the d/q debuff is at 37 so if you dropped body to 37 you could get the next group mez reduction buff but I don't think that's worth it.
Sorry I meant 38(fat fingers/phone) and with what you said it doesn’t matter then
Wed 29 Apr 2020 12:12 AM by Jeterix
There are three viable sorcerer specs. 44 mind, 40 body 36 mind, and 47 body 26 mind. I think it comes down to preferance.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 1:22 AM by Hodge
Is matter not spec'd since the lifetap is a self heal and one of your faster spells? I was thinking of giving up some body at higher rr to bring matter up to 17 or so to cut down the variance for the base dot.

Could add the debuff from body spec on top of that, but was not sure how viable that would all be.

Also, is the yellow AOE root more so you get less resist or longer duration?
Fri 7 Aug 2020 8:44 AM by Hangel
40 36 is the solo way.. and it's good for 8vs8 too.. good life tap dmg... yellow debuf, mezz, root and charm yellow/blue pet.
You can charm different pet from blue to yellow with stun, bolt, dd, snare etc and in solo are very good.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 1:11 PM by Vkejai
I tried a few on mine and found I liked 40 body 36 mind the best.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 2:32 PM by Neso
As others, split spec is best.
It'll be rough until you have some rank for Purge2+, Conc5, Ichor and some PD.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 4:15 PM by gotwqqd
Neso wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 2:32 PM
As others, split spec is best.
It'll be rough until you have some rank for Purge2+, Conc5, Ichor and some PD.
You mean MoC5? Not Concentration 5?
Sat 8 Aug 2020 11:01 AM by Neso
I guess it depends on playstyle. I found MoC better in group play with sorc when you want interrupts or big dps after assisting the cabby.

In solo the long reuse timer and having to use purge beforehand (mezz & stun so you're not interupted) will usually result in the enemy using vanish/sos/running...only to re-engage 30secs later when your toys are down.

The good thing with conc5 and sorc is the amount of cc you can use it with. 99% time they'll purge the first cc, which allows you to reapply another and suddenly gain the upper hand. Also helps to get another qc lifetap in, if finishing them off.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:19 PM by gotwqqd
Neso wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 11:01 AM
I guess it depends on playstyle. I found MoC better in group play with sorc when you want interrupts or big dps after assisting the cabby.

In solo the long reuse timer and having to use purge beforehand (mezz & stun so you're not interupted) will usually result in the enemy using vanish/sos/running...only to re-engage 30secs later when your toys are down.

The good thing with conc5 and sorc is the amount of cc you can use it with. 99% time they'll purge the first cc, which allows you to reapply another and suddenly gain the upper hand. Also helps to get another qc lifetap in, if finishing them off.
Well I think conc 1 is adequate for that
Moc5 is going to still be bread and butter
Conc cannot replace that
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics