Realm points for losing

Started 16 Jul 2021
by Jingo NZ
in Suggestions
One of the great features of the Level Playing Field event is how you only need to tag enemies to progress. Players will keep joining the fray knowing that they will feel some progression even if they lose.

And it helps create ACTION! Where people are looking for a fight - the more fights the better.

We need more of this in RvR

Suggestion:
When you die you get realm points.

You either get:
100 realm points
OR
10% of your realm points from kills since your last death
Whichever is greater.
5 minute cooldown.

You don't get any realm points for losing if you take guard damage.

Simple as that.
Fri 16 Jul 2021 9:23 AM by Sepplord
I agree with the idea, to reduce the feeling of not getting ANYTHING when being constantly rolled by more numbers. And the cooldown prevents people intentionally feeding themselves over and over for RPs

Only thing i disagree with is the option of getting more, the 10% suggestion would basically flat increase the RPs people get by 10%

Not sure it would really work in keeping players running out though, the perception boost of getting something VS nothing might be shortlived, and soon the 100RPs are the new "nothing" and nothing changes longterm. While many players are (also) reward driven, the actual issue is that finding "good fights" is incredibly difficult in a setting like daoc.
Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:41 AM by inoeth
bad idea! this only further promotes adding and zerging, we already have plenty of this!

actually there should be a bonus to promote fair play!
i am not talking about removing task bonus, even though my personal opinion is that the tasks create a toxic behavior.
i understand that there are many ppl who enjoy easymode zerg playstyle but you have to consider that there are also many many ppl that like challenging encounters and fair play, do something for them.
Fri 16 Jul 2021 11:29 AM by Sepplord
inoeth wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:41 AM
bad idea! this only further promotes adding and zerging, we already have plenty of this!

Could you explain that?
The only way i can think of the suggestion increasing adds is if you believe that there are currently people who don't add but are really really close to adding and will the start doing it since "they get dieing rewards anyways"?
Fri 16 Jul 2021 11:53 AM by Beeblebrox
Alb has trouble getting the numbers for a successful zerg. Anything that would increase the numbers would make it more fun for those who do join the zerg. I doubt getting rps for losing would increase the numbers though. Morale in alb appears to be pretty poor because of the style changes which many are interpreting as alb nerfs.

As for promoting adds meh.
Fri 16 Jul 2021 12:26 PM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021 11:29 AM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:41 AM

Could you explain that?
The only way i can think of the suggestion increasing adds is if you believe that there are currently people who don't add but are really really close to adding and will the start doing it since "they get dieing rewards anyways"?

there are ppl that dont add but the number declines because of toxic "tagging for task contribution"
giving out even more undeserved rp just leads to more stupid behavior.

if you ask me, tasks should be removed entirely!

plz dont fuck up the competitive part of the community!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics