Reapply mechanics from Lifebane and/or dots

At the beginning with the LA/CD/DW buffs I thought that Sins overall were in a good state but with a lot of different changes to the enervating poison and dot buffs I think that Sins are a bit overtuned. As it seems that not any of those changes seem to get weaken or reverted, I would like to make a different suggestion because there is just too much damage that bypasses the armor/defense advantage that other classes should have.

Change the reapply mechanics from either Lifebane and/or dots from weapons like live poison mechanics. Meaning you can only reapply when the dot duration is over. In most cases even if you manage to kill a Sin, he will just hit you with a new lifebane poison for 5XX extra damage after his death. Even higher if he gets a new dot proc again off, that is can easily add up to something like 750-1k. I think a change would also help with the overall complain a lot have about disease. This does not change the thing with disease but atleast you can still walk with having more HP, instead of having disease and end up with like 1-5% HP(if you are lucky not to die) were you can do absolutely nothing. I am only talking about the damage ones here, not about enervating or disease or the poison weapon swap in general.

I also think this helps other weapons a lot because you barely see anything except dot. Pretty much every SB now is axe in using Dragonmight as Main. Most Nightshades I have seen are pierce. And even Tanks (2h) are having weapons with dots(Both feathers and crafted for the double dot effect).
Yarna is not nice

Re: Reapply mechanics from Lifebane and/or dots

Agree. Played both sides. Dot procs, and all this def pen is too much.

Feel like its too easy as the sin(my own pov), and impossible to counter as the tank(my own pov), not sure if Saroi is actually Yarna but if so the dude is one of the BMFs of the game who doesnt complain lightly.

At the beginning with the LA/CD/DW buffs I thought that Sins overall were in a good state but with a lot of different changes to the enervating poison and dot buffs I think that Sins are a bit overtuned. As it seems that not any of those changes seem to get weaken or reverted, I would like to make a different suggestion because there is just too much damage that bypasses the armor/defense advantage that other classes should have.

Change the reapply mechanics from either Lifebane and/or dots from weapons like live poison mechanics. Meaning you can only reapply when the dot duration is over. In most cases even if you manage to kill a Sin, he will just hit you with a new lifebane poison for 5XX extra damage after his death. Even higher if he gets a new dot proc again off, that is can easily add up to something like 750-1k. I think a change would also help with the overall complain a lot have about disease. This does not change the thing with disease but atleast you can still walk with having more HP, instead of having disease and end up with like 1-5% HP(if you are lucky not to die) were you can do absolutely nothing. I am only talking about the damage ones here, not about enervating or disease or the poison weapon swap in general.

I also think this helps other weapons a lot because you barely see anything except dot. Pretty much every SB now is axe in using Dragonmight as Main. Most Nightshades I have seen are pierce. And even Tanks (2h) are having weapons with dots(Both feathers and crafted for the double dot effect).

Maybe the enervating dot is the problem, not the weapon dots?

I would like to see a feather dot weapon for every weapontype as this alone makes some speclines non-viable. Also every weapontype should have at least 1 stat debuff proc.

Those 2 missing pieces will be otherwise a major problem for the style rework to achieve, what it aims for, for the solo game.

Also upping dd procs (except lifetap) to 125 dmg would be a great idea for proc balance.
Xpovoc, Jukaron, Nephamael, Mauril, Lareya, Aideen, Njoro

Nephamael wrote:
Mon 14 Jun 2021 3:49 AM
Maybe the enervating dot is the problem, not the weapon dots?

I would like to see a feather dot weapon for every weapontype as this alone makes some speclines non-viable. Also every weapontype should have at least 1 stat debuff proc.

Those 2 missing pieces will be otherwise a major problem for the style rework to achieve, what it aims for, for the solo game.

Also upping dd procs (except lifetap) to 125 dmg would be a great idea for proc balance.

The dot weapon is a problem, because it is just overtuned. As one of the first SB to use Dragonmight with offhand crafted dot back in OF, I can say that the dot used to tick 3X-5X damage, averaging something between 180-190 over hits duration. Now you have more consistant ticks but Devs decided to not go the middle route of something like 4X ticks but the 5X ticks. Here and there I see a 60 or 61 tick. Sometimes more if a Nightshade comes up with Mastery of Magery.

If we take let us say 52 damage, you end up with 260 damage over its duration. If we pick 55 damage, it is 275. That is lke a 50% damage buff and then you have 2 of them. Most weapons have dots but their speed is just not good to be used and I don't think it is a good idea making everyone have to use dot just because it is way higher.

Increasing DD would make it on pair with the dot, but then you still have more damage overall and LT remains weaker. At this point we are then nearly on live level were there are 150 DD procs that some special weapons had and we are still missing on HP that live has. That would also lean hard to the who has better proc and resist luck wins.
Yarna is not nice