Re: Nice Fighters versus XRealming Suggestion

Yes good post. I'm against bow-towns. There is no real fair fight in this game, just close fights where the outcome could go either way. So people should abandon the idea of a "fair fight" solo community (many reasons why, and also some hypocracy). Instead we can look at more incentives to increase the frequency of close fights that could go either way.

Incentives should be around: fast to find action, participation awards, lower than usual chance of getting mowed down by a group, incentive to fight on Inc and not stand around, and a dynamic never know who you'll encounter rock/paper/scissors feel.
I'll dig out one of my suggestion posts...

A NEW SEPARATE solo /Task zone on a 45 minute rotation
Only solo kills within the /Task zone will earn you contribution
Non-solo kills are worth less than normal in this zone. The multiplier equation is: x 2/(RR-1), with a max of 1.0.
For example, if you are RR1 to RR3 you get 100% of normal RP for non-solo kill. If you are RR4 you get 66% of normal RP, RR5 is 50%, RR6 is 40% …
Fights around keeps and towers are exempt from this reduced RP for non-solo kills.
Solo players can port to this zone (random drop location) from two furthest docks, or solo keep zone. (E.G Alb can port from Bold and Beno docks and Folley Lake).

And one additional thing to encourage people to fight naturally rather than duel towns…
After you get a solo kill you are worth +1000 RPs for 60 seconds.

Think about it… you come across 2 ppl fighting. You wait for them to finish cleanly so that the winner is worth more RPs, then you engage…

See other /Task change suggestions for Small Man (& Casual)/8v8/Solo

Ceen wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 9:56 AM
Simple suggestion:

If you add, add smart. Choose the proper time to add, the proper location and position to the fight.
Observe if they pull out and do the same.
Problem solved.
How about this....if a realm mate helps you out , thank him. If you get to finish your fight without adds it’s a bonus and should not be considered your right or the norm.

What's about using the RP tag fort that ? Or a new one if it can be implemented. It would be nice to have a tag that indicated that that player of your realm doesn't want any help when he run solo. So if I see a 1vs1 and the player of my realm has this tag, I know that he doesn't want any help or add. This will not solve the issue since if I want to add I can do it anyway (usually also groups and smallmen don't have any problem to kill solos or add 1vs1 fights) but it will help to avoid any incomprehension between the players of the same realm.

inoeth wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 11:11 AM
how about just not adding and looking for your own fight? there are plenty of enemy around, really no need to add other than l2p issue

Pretend to be not added on a bridge or near the docks (where a lot of players are) is quite hypocritical but at least a tag will help to respect the other play styles but without any obligation.

inoeth wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 11:11 AM
how about just not adding and looking for your own fight? there are plenty of enemy around, really no need to add other than l2p issue
No its not. Picking the right targets is a l2p issue. An issue at that, which you as stealth main wont ever have to think about.

Matter of fact being, that DAoC has an implemented powercreep with realm ranks. I would argue, and i think im more right than you and your pseudo righteuouss arguements, that fighting higher RR enemies with multiple friends is the intended way. Why is it my fault you are not good enough at the game to pick targets at locations where you are both added? Maybe you should l2p...

Oh and to your underlying masochistic sentiment of "liking the challenge" "learning the hard way" or whatever you fancy: tough luck. I enjoy other playstyles than you. Funny thing, that its always the l2p arguement from your playerbase, as if you didnt fuck up your engage when someone is able to add you.
So yeah. L2pick your fights.

Matter of fact being, that DAoC has an implemented powercreep with realm ranks. I would argue, and i think im more right than you and your pseudo righteuouss arguements, that fighting higher RR enemies with multiple friends is the intended way. Why is it my fault you are not good enough at the game to pick targets at locations where you are both added? Maybe you should l2p...

Then when you go to those locations, people bash you because you go for easy kills without challenge and call you lame!
Because let's be honest here, if you don't go to briges/task, what is left? Xp spots and near the relic town (and even there, I saw lamers add with 3+, some are even famous for camping their own gates and swicht between thir toon to have always sos/ip/purge/vanish timers up, and we know who I speak about lol!).
You can never win as a solo.

Noashakra wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 4:01 PM

Then when you go to those locations, people bash you because you go for easy kills without challenge and call you lame!
Because let's be honest here, if you don't go to briges/task, what is left? Xp spots and near the relic town (and even there, I saw lamers add with 3+, some are even famous for camping their own gates and swicht between thir toon to have always sos/ip/purge/vanish timers up, and we know who I speak about lol!).
You can never win as a solo.
I think you got me wrong here. I am all for adding fights, i think it is the intended way to play the game. I think duels are fine so long as they eigher dont interfere with the normal, intended way of RvRing, or happen in a seperate space.

What im totally not ok with is the pseudo elitist "if you add me i disengage and let the enemy of BOTH of us kill my realmmate"

Because if you then invoke the arguement of l2p i can only say: i can pick my fights, thats why i add 1v1s. You changing the conditions is the problem.