Re: No swapping in weapons from your inventoy in a fight and poisons become instant-spells with a shared cooldown-timer

Reemove moc in 1vs1 if you remove vanish... People complain about vanish but moc drain is really the worst cheese ever in solo.
Also, no caster are not weak in solo. If you have two CC, you can beat any stealther, you just have to spec correctly with concentration as a RA.
It's just that most solo caster don't know how to play / spec their toon.
I've seen solo wizards/theu/sorc destroy assassins. Let's not speak about BD, SM and now chanters.

This is the ever same excuse for keeping vanish, so 75%+ of SOLO assassins can use it in clean 1v1s, where the caster does not moc.
(even vs moccing lifetap casters i easily hold a 80-90% winrate on my ns)

Vanish is the biggest reason, even before smallmen and 8men rolling over visi solos, for the non-existence of solo casters on Phoenix. If it does not go, solo casters will not return and the rock/paper/scissors balance will remain broken.
Xpovoc, Jukaron, Nephamael, Mauril, Lareya, Aideen, Njoro

Re: No swapping in weapons from your inventoy in a fight and poisons become instant-spells with a shared cooldown-timer

Nephamael wrote:
Wed 5 May 2021 6:27 PM
Reemove moc in 1vs1 if you remove vanish... People complain about vanish but moc drain is really the worst cheese ever in solo.
Also, no caster are not weak in solo. If you have two CC, you can beat any stealther, you just have to spec correctly with concentration as a RA.
It's just that most solo caster don't know how to play / spec their toon.
I've seen solo wizards/theu/sorc destroy assassins. Let's not speak about BD, SM and now chanters.

This is the ever same excuse for keeping vanish, so 75%+ of SOLO assassins can use it in clean 1v1s, where the caster does not moc.
(even vs moccing lifetap casters i easily hold a 80-90% winrate on my ns)

Vanish is the biggest reason, even before smallmen and 8men rolling over visi solos, for the non-existence of solo casters on Phoenix. If it does not go, solo casters will not return and the rock/paper/scissors balance will remain broken.

Generally I agree with you Neph, but, this is bonkers. Far and away the most infuriating part of visi solo is small/groups steamrolling you. Sins can vanish, sure, but the good ones/respectable ones dont and the bad ones are easy kills anyway, and normally hang around with 5/6 stealths anyway, so the problem isnt vanish there its the group again.

Nephamael wrote:
Wed 5 May 2021 6:27 PM

I agree with this, although it seems other feel differently about what is most annoying: getting stomped and rolled by 8-mans/small-mans or 1v1 vanish. The biggest frustration for the visi solos I know is 1v1 vanish. Getting run down by larger groups is annoying, but is just part of the deal we signed up for if you want to visit solo, especially on one with lesser/no speed.

Generally I agree with you Neph, but, this is bonkers. Far and away the most infuriating part of visi solo is small/groups steamrolling you. Sins can vanish, sure, but the good ones/respectable ones dont and the bad ones are easy kills anyway, and normally hang around with 5/6 stealths anyway, so the problem isnt vanish there its the group again.

You underestimate, how big of a deal 1v1 vanish is for a solo caster in the frontier.

Tanks run from you as a caster at sight and hide on bridges/near obstacles, so you don't rly get to kill a lot of them.
Other casters are so extremely rare, that it is a special day if you find a caster 1v1.
Almost all of your clean 1v1s are assassins as solo caster, as they can attack you where they please. And almost all of those vanish in every single clean 1v1, if they lost.

Yes, sadly almost all the good ones do this too, it is a big shame. Try a solo caster for 1 week and i promise you will say the vanish rate is bonkers, not what i said here.

I stopped soloing on my eld for only one reason: vanish in clean 1v1s. I am willing to accept all the other extreme hardships of visible solo caster - but i am not willing to get denied almost all of my clean and hard earned 1v1 wins.

Nephamael wrote:
Wed 5 May 2021 11:11 PM

You underestimate, how big of a deal 1v1 vanish is for a solo caster in the frontier.

Tanks run from you as a caster at sight and hide on bridges/near obstacles, so you don't rly get to kill a lot of them.
Other casters are so extremely rare, that it is a special day if you find a caster 1v1.
Almost all of your clean 1v1s are assassins as solo caster, as they can attack you where they please. And almost all of those vanish in every single clean 1v1, if they lost.

Yes, sadly almost all the good ones do this too, it is a big shame. Try a solo caster for 1 week and i promise you will say the vanish rate is bonkers, not what i said here.

I stopped soloing on my eld for only one reason: vanish in clean 1v1s. I am willing to accept all the other extreme hardships of visible solo caster - but i am not willing to get denied almost all of my clean and hard earned 1v1 wins.

hard earned kills , whats hard earned purging stun Qc stun sin purge refresh qc mezz kill and go 2 keep wait 15mins ? or in case of a theu/caba/sorc moc and go to keep every 15mins... also friendly reminder vanish has a 15min cooldown. whats hard earned now that enchant pet not only snare u but root and desease , so even if u arent rooted u are snared by dd and diseased ! im amazed of the hard skill it requires. maybe the skill is to get away alive from a stealth opening maybe ? not even sure tbf. the only skill anf hard earned kills in the solo community is these of heros pallys warrs and tanks that dont have speed/stealth in general.
TheThird -SB
Getroasted -Zerk
Ptitbiscuit- Healer

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 5 May 2021 3:40 PM
Babajaga wrote:
Wed 5 May 2021 3:30 PM
melee ranger (probably the worst melee spec class)

Not even close.

i said melee SPEC. scouts are snipers and hunters mostly hybrids, they do not running full melee.
The point is that every class can do great, all depend who is behind..
Yuva & all the Yuv.

Babajaga wrote:
Thu 6 May 2021 12:43 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Babajaga wrote:

Not even close.

i said melee SPEC. scouts are snipers and hunters mostly hybrids, they do not running full melee.
Sure, that's why you see millions of melee rangers and almost no assassins. Cause melee rangers just outperform then! It's getting ridiculous here again. Now solo casters and rangers are op, wow.

hard earned kills , whats hard earned purging stun Qc stun sin purge refresh qc mezz kill and go 2 keep wait 15mins ? or in case of a theu/caba/sorc moc and go to keep every 15mins... also friendly reminder vanish has a 15min cooldown. whats hard earned now that enchant pet not only snare u but root and desease , so even if u arent rooted u are snared by dd and diseased ! im amazed of the hard skill it requires. maybe the skill is to get away alive from a stealth opening maybe ? not even sure tbf. the only skill anf hard earned kills in the solo community is these of heros pallys warrs and tanks that dont have speed/stealth in general.

You are full of those completely absurd ideas about solo casters actually when those still existed on this server they were applauded like noone else for going out without RAs - as a solo caster you can easily achieve the highest death per minute rate of all solos (because of the sins).

The problem about vanish is, noone forces the sin to attack again after vanish, so you can have 10 1v1s vs sins in a row, they all vanish and noone ever tries you again until his vanish is back up that's not some theory here, it is actually exactly how the reality of frontier solo caster looks like.

Try a solo caster for a week, then tell me again what is harder to play well- i personally think there is nothing so relaxed like playing my hero solo and nothing as hectic as playing eld solo - even manually swapping weapons on my ns at swing cap feels more chill.

keen wrote:
Thu 6 May 2021 3:05 PM
Babajaga wrote:
Thu 6 May 2021 12:43 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Babajaga wrote:

Not even close.

Sure, that's why you see millions of melee rangers and almost no assassins. Cause melee rangers just outperform then! It's getting ridiculous here again. Now solo casters and rangers are op, wow.

Lmao, he didn't say that and he plays ranger melee...

Return to “Suggestions”