/tag to 3k range and for groups of 6+

Started 2 Apr 2021
by Nephamael
in Suggestions
Let's put /tag to 3k range and make it usable for groups of 6+ members.

This would help visible solos a bit and make /tag convenient enough for 8men to use it without thinking about it 2 much.

It would also give a 8man pug (most gvg groups are partly pug nowadays) a few seconds to communicate via voicechat "i tagged that guy, leave him" so people don't accidentally run over solos, the majority of the group wants to /tag.

Why groupsize 6+? - Many gvg or other 8man groups do runs while waiting for their last members, so if the grp is waiting to fill/someone disconnected they can still /tag.

3k range will mean a few 8men get the /tag reward of maybe 1 or 2 solos they might have not caught per day, if they use /tag constantly.
Regarding the greater good this would bring to visible solos i feel that's not a problem but a welcome reward for trying to respect another playstyle.
Fri 2 Apr 2021 6:57 PM by gotwqqd
Nephamael wrote:
Fri 2 Apr 2021 6:14 PM
Why groupsize 6+? - Many gvg or other 8man groups do runs while waiting for their last members, so if the grp is waiting to fill/someone disconnected they can still /tag.

So just more help for 8 man.....
Sat 3 Apr 2021 2:57 AM by Nephamael

You have to be open to benefits for 6-8men if you want visible solo QOL.

Only if /tag is as convenient as possible and can be used without even thinking about it, as an automatism - only then it will be used frequently.
Sat 3 Apr 2021 3:03 AM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 2 Apr 2021 6:57 PM

The system is supposed to help people who are outnumbered, but as it is it is only able to be enacted if you're in a full group. So instead of a 6 man running by you and hitting /tag from 3k units, they run up to you and kill you. Congratulations, the dislike of the 8man play style has made it impossible for groups smaller than those very 8mans to let soloers live and still receive a reward. So all for the reason of "not giving 8mans who aren't full more benefits" people who intentionally run 7 or less are forced to kill everything they see if they want the realm points, while the full 8man groups get to use /tag and /gvg and outskill the zerg.
Sat 3 Apr 2021 3:13 AM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 3 Apr 2021 3:03 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 2 Apr 2021 6:57 PM

The system is supposed to help people who are outnumbered, but as it is it is only able to be enacted if you're in a full group. So instead of a 6 man running by you and hitting /tag from 3k units, they run up to you and kill you. Congratulations, the dislike of the 8man play style has made it impossible for groups smaller than those very 8mans to let soloers live and still receive a reward. So all for the reason of "not giving 8mans who aren't full more benefits" people who intentionally run 7 or less are forced to kill everything they see if they want the realm points, while the full 8man groups get to use /tag and /gvg and outskill the zerg.
You miss my point.
While reading I thought maybe it was a commendable comment and would have responded that it should be 4 or 5.
But it simply was 8 man looking for themselves.
Particularly coupled with the range increase it seems to me it’s to allow for free rp’s, where they may have been lost when trying to chase down.
Tue 6 Apr 2021 2:14 PM by Nephamael

I personally support the idea to give /tag to everyone at groupsize 3+, i assume there might be concerns about reducing overall action with this /shrug.
Also smallmen are among the highest RP/h performers ingame and building a smallman doesn't consume so much group building time as building an 8man, so i guess some extra goodies for the 8s are not a bad idea to motivate people to still build them and not just run small all day.

However i repeat - giving /tag to groupsize 6+ and giving it 3k range is about convenience of 8men - which results in: more happiness for solos!

If you are a solo, this is for you.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics