We ready to talk about Alb yet?

Started 23 Feb 2021
by omicidi
in Suggestions
Just wondering, because it's absolutely disgustingly boring to fight and lose to alb pet spam coupled with alb tank buffs. Just wondering what the data behind this is, because 'it's corrupted' is such a 2005 excuse to push a narrative.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 4:27 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Where did they say it's corrupted?

Honestly asking.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 5:22 AM by omicidi
I read it in one of the Public discords. Didn't see any statistics from the albion vs albion RP powerlevel 8v8 arena event, so I figured it had some to have some validity.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 1:11 PM by gotwqqd
It’s disgusting to get hit with instant bard amnesia followed by mezz then caster stun or slam and nuked down in 1.5 seconds
Tue 23 Feb 2021 3:53 PM by omicidi
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 23 Feb 2021 1:11 PM
It’s disgusting to get hit with instant bard amnesia followed by mezz then caster stun or slam and nuked down in 1.5 seconds

You’re right, which is why amnesia range was nerfed. But if you’re getting insta amnesia’d and casted blanket mezzed in a clump there are more issues than a slam or a 9 second casted stun that duration is affected by resists and det. The other thing with hib amnesia is that there is no casted amnesia, and the nerf means there are only two classes with 2k+ range utility.

Here’s the problem, individual buffs are not the problem. The problem lies within the synergy it provides to the well oiled machine. When the machine offers little to no counter play, and goes even or far better versus every other composition your opposition can throw at you, it’s pretty bananas. The backsnare on the merc doesn’t make the already balanced chain wearing light tank with dirty tricks overpowered. What makes it overpowered is the synergy that it has with endo redux chant, theurg pets, sorc bolt range/2300 range interupts. This allows the merc the safety to play at certain distances because he’s covered down by his long range team.

Albion can currently has the ability to completely stop a fight, hold their ground and then overwhelm their opponent with theurg pets and then begin a slow push with the best caster range, buffed tanks and a virtually un-ccable interrupter.

The fact is that a theurg takes little risk for the reward that it produces. All you’re doing is looking for an opening. You can literally sit around and do nothing and still be a game changer once an opportunity arrives—and then the minstrel goes in to further drive the nail home.

It’s just disgusting. It’s not fun to spend 50% power killing a red con pet. It’s not fun taking out a plethora of theurg pets. It’s just not fun playing versus Albs.

Hib/mid doesn’t need a buff. Albion pet spam needs a nerf.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 4:13 PM by opossum12
Breaking news, people bitching at alb pets and stun nuke nuke.

Great thread would read again.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 10:47 PM by Reklewt
I will say that alb groups can be beaten, but it's pretty disturbing how many groups in that arena event are alb groups. Maybe even more representative of the widespread problem is that even with a huge RP bonus on hib and mid, people stayed on alb... There are a host of factors at play, but one common denominator is that alb is to some extent, overloaded with utility and options. If I could atleast target a theurgist once they started casting pets, it might be a different story, but they're massive and you have to climb on top of the theurgist to even click on them at that point. Minstrel being unmezzable is also a serious issue. Why can they, as well as mentalists, complete actions while mezzed? No other class can do that, aside from stealthers, who can choose to unstealth while mezzed, which is for the most part useless. That mechanic should absolutely should be patched out of the game.
Tue 23 Feb 2021 10:55 PM by easytoremember
Reklewt wrote:
Tue 23 Feb 2021 10:47 PM
I will say that alb groups can be beaten, but it's pretty disturbing how many groups in that arena event are alb groups. Maybe even more representative of the widespread problem is that even with a huge RP bonus on hib and mid, people stayed on alb... There are a host of factors at play, but one common denominator is that alb is to some extent, overloaded with utility and options. If I could atleast target a theurgist once they started casting pets, it might be a different story, but they're massive and you have to climb on top of the theurgist to even click on them at that point. Minstrel being unmezzable is also a serious issue. Why can they, as well as mentalists, complete actions while mezzed? No other class can do that, aside from stealthers, who can choose to unstealth while mezzed, which is for the most part useless. That mechanic should absolutely should be patched out of the game.
Any pulse ceases to tick when the caster is stunned or mezzed until they are free of the CC. You only notice it on menta/mincer because other pet charms are permanent instead of pulse
Tue 23 Feb 2021 11:45 PM by omicidi
Reklewt wrote:
Tue 23 Feb 2021 10:47 PM
I will say that alb groups can be beaten

On this day 41 years ago: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_on_Ice
Thu 25 Feb 2021 2:50 AM by Nephamael
This was my first take after 3 arena events dominated by alb tanker theurg sorc:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/suggestions/28618-how-to-fix-alb-tanker-theurg-suggestion-threat?page=2#p157143

I think the most important factor are the theurg earth pets - if they get either

- a decent HP reduction

or

- lose speed to the value of other pets at 30% health and below

and or

- get affected at least by melee snares

they should be alright. - Alb tanker theurg sorc will still be very strong, but at least the best groups will maybe have to switch to alb hybrid theurg sorc cabba, to go full utility no limits but defnitely harder to play.

-

I also still hope ench and warden will see some buffs, even if they are very small and more qol oriented with a slight power up effect (like making warden speed baseline and on a different chant than his other chants like pally endu)

Healer could also have baseline speed, so he gets to red casterspeed at lvl50, no matter the spec.
Thu 25 Feb 2021 1:25 PM by omicidi
Nephamael wrote:
Thu 25 Feb 2021 2:50 AM
This was my first take after 3 arena events dominated by alb tanker theurg sorc:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/suggestions/28618-how-to-fix-alb-tanker-theurg-suggestion-threat?page=2#p157143

I think the most important factor are the theurg earth pets - if they get either

- a decent HP reduction

or

- lose speed to the value of other pets at 30% health and below

and or

- get affected at least by melee snares

they should be alright. - Alb tanker theurg sorc will still be very strong, but at least the best groups will maybe have to switch to alb hybrid theurg sorc cabba, to go full utility no limits but defnitely harder to play.

-

I also still hope ench and warden will see some buffs, even if they are very small and more qol oriented with a slight power up effect (like making warden speed baseline and on a different chant than his other chants like pally endu)

Healer could also have baseline speed, so he gets to red casterspeed at lvl50, no matter the spec.

60% of speed 7 is still fast.

I’ll be a hater and say wardens do not need a buff. This is a team game. Any/most hib groups have a mentalist, warden, Druid and bard. Hella healing power there.

The goal isn’t/shouldn’t be make everyone have everything and create godlike classes. Mid/hib in a good spot, maybe chanter could use love because why run them now? But alb needs a huger nerf bat
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics