Re: Horses - Mount Timer to Only Start When In Combat

Ardri wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 6:46 PM
No one uses horses in RvR. Please change mount timer to only start when in combat.

Even unsheathing weapon, with no target, will restart your mount timer. Doing self buffs...restarts mount timer.

Please let me use my 300p horse.
First of 60 -30 seconds and leave the speed as it is, the same situation always ...
Because those of us who like to play alone can't have an advantage like the horse that is 60 seconds to get it out? not being able to escape and end up dying from multiple fg's?

Guerrilla Monkey wrote:
Thu 8 Apr 2021 4:59 PM
First of 60 -30 seconds and leave the speed as it is, the same situation always ...
Because those of us who like to play alone can't have an advantage like the horse that is 60 seconds to get it out? not being able to escape and end up dying from multiple fg's?

You are absolutely not getting away from any FGs with a horse even if it has no CD whatsoever. That's not what it's implemented for. It's implemented as a gold sink, for high convenience in PvE, and for some minor convenience in RvR.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll/SM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

For the RvR (solo, small) it would be much better without a timer!
There would be a lot more class diversity in the fight for the tasks, not just speed or hide classes.
You always fight against the same classes as solo!
And there is still the disadvantage that you are more visible with the horse and that you have the casttime on the summon horse.

Honestly, on visi solo I feel completely ‘tethered’ to hasteners.

Having a better cooldown on horse summons would allow a lot more class diversity and roaming.

No, you’re not going to get away from speed6 and that is clearly the GM view on that, and I accept that. (Speedwarps, fast horses etc are now romanticised in my head as nice ‘fuck you’s’ to those who prefer to only win by outnumbering their opponents but yeah, that’s gotta be a 0-0.1% chance of ever appearing here)

Anyway. Ablative charges or bringing weapon out shouldnt break horse mount imo.

If it doesn’t break hastener speed or class speed it shouldn’t break horse speed.

Would be lovely QOL and you would see more roaming as a result.

And the people who make a playstyle out of farming smaller numbers of opponents would still be able to easilly chase them down anyway, so little change for them.

To be honest overall it’s hard to see a situation in which this has a negative effect?