Re: Horses - Mount Timer to Only Start When In Combat

Corou wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 9:53 PM
Yeah I feel like the timer starts whenever you do anything aswell. Really no reason to have a timer unless you just came out of combat in rvr.....In pve I feel there shouldnt be any timer at all. There's no reason for that.
It’s supposed to be for traveling more quickly, not for eluding enemies. And no timer allows just that.

Re: Horses - Mount Timer to Only Start When In Combat

They added the timer for the crybabies who claim horses somehow "ruin" RvR without ever giving examples.

I don't know why they continually cater to the biggest whiners, and I sincerely hope they stop. There are people who complain about real issues, and then there are people who complain about anything changing, no matter how insignificant; please stop caring what the latter think, say, or do.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781

Re: Horses - Mount Timer to Only Start When In Combat

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 10:05 PM
They added the timer for the crybabies who claim horses somehow "ruin" RvR without ever giving examples.

I don't know why they continually cater to the biggest whiners, and I sincerely hope they stop. There are people who complain about real issues, and then there are people who complain about anything changing, no matter how insignificant; please stop caring what the later think, say, or do.
You claim to be such an expert on the game yet you need someone to give you even one example of how it can be used to circumnavigate powers given to a class.

Re: Horses - Mount Timer to Only Start When In Combat

gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 10:23 PM
You claim to be such an expert on the game yet you need someone to give you even one example of how it can be used to circumnavigate powers given to a class.

1: Show me a single instance of my claiming to be an expert at the game. You can't, because I never have.

2: It's not my job to prove a negative, it is the job of the naysayers to give examples of why they believe something will have a negative impact. Simply saying something will ruin RvR is not a reason, and isn't a solid argument. Here's an example: "Giving everyone Purge for free will ruin RvR!" I know you're a proponent for free Purge, so are you now going to tell me that that argument is reasonable and solid, without any examples of why it would ruin RvR? No, you're not, because it's a shit argument.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781

Re: Horses - Mount Timer to Only Start When In Combat

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 10:29 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 10:23 PM
You claim to be such an expert on the game yet you need someone to give you even one example of how it can be used to circumnavigate powers given to a class.

1: Show me a single instance of my claiming to be an expert at the game. You can't, because I never have.

2: It's not my job to prove a negative, it is the job of the naysayers to give examples of why they believe something will have a negative impact. Simply saying something will ruin RvR is not a reason, and isn't a solid argument. Here's an example: "Giving everyone Purge for free will ruin RvR!" I know you're a proponent for free Purge, so are you now going to tell me that that argument is reasonable and solid, without any examples of why it would ruin RvR? No, you're not, because it's a shit argument.
1. Ok I shouldn’t have used the term ‘claimed’
2. Completely different things. Purge is available to EVERY class and free purge would simply be an acceleration of RR...same as tireless and LW were seen.
The mount breaks class given abilities.
And your excuse of it not being your job is simply lazy. It’s a hollow non-argument for what are obvious reasons why they implemented a timer.

Re: Horses - Mount Timer to Only Start When In Combat

Ardri wrote:
Mon 15 Feb 2021 6:46 PM
No one uses horses in RvR. Please change mount timer to only start when in combat.

Even unsheathing weapon, with no target, will restart your mount timer. Doing self buffs...restarts mount timer.

Please let me use my 300p horse.

Agreed.
1min timer after combat + mount cast time is restrictive enough to give a very clear advantage to caster speed