Arena is a baaaaaaaaaad idea

Started 18 Jan 2021
by Syntax
in Suggestions
why we are constantly trying to take different group sizes out of main rvr??
DAOC is what it is because of the dynamics of having bgs and 8 mans and 2 mans and soloers etc all in the same playing field. you split it all up you kill what daoc essentially is. and midgard is mostly 8 mans what if they all start queueing arena, they already struggle to get any bg out there u may aswell delete the realm
I already dont like playing classic on NF but now im getting worried at how far away from classic daoc we are going
Mon 18 Jan 2021 7:46 PM by ExcretusMaximus
From the initial post, it's for testing the recent 8v8 changes, not a new permanent game mode.
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:08 PM by opossum12
Syntax wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 7:18 PM
DAOC is what it is because of the dynamics of having bgs and 8 mans and 2 mans and soloers etc all in the same playing field. you split it all up you kill what daoc essentially is. and midgard is mostly 8 mans what if they all start queueing arena, they already struggle to get any bg out there u may aswell delete the realm
I already dont like playing classic on NF but now im getting worried at how far away from classic daoc we are going

Curious if you can tell me where "classic" is mentionned.

"Phoenix is a Freeshard (free to play) Server for Dark Age of Camelot. We are very open to the players and the community has helped shaped the server into what it is today. We have used patch 1.65 as the foundation and have made numerous class and game play adjustments, as well as, added Quality of Life features to make your playing experience much more enjoyable."
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:14 PM by Syntax
opossum12 wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:08 PM
Syntax wrote:

"Phoenix is a Freeshard (free to play) Server for Dark Age of Camelot. We are very open to the players and the community has helped shaped the server into what it is today. We have used patch 1.65 as the foundation and have made numerous class and game play adjustments, as well as, added Quality of Life features to make your playing experience much more enjoyable."

You must be new. Things have been reworded as time went on and changes were made. When it launched it was launched and labelled as a DAOC Classic Shrouded Isles server, and trust me this community of players have stuck together and been around a long time through many failed servers, all craving classic/SI daoc.
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:28 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Syntax wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:14 PM
You must be new. Things have been reworded as time went on and changes were made. When it launched it was launched and labelled as a DAOC Classic Shrouded Isles server, and trust me this community of players have stuck together and been around a long time through many failed servers, all craving classic/SI daoc.

You must be stupid. It was never reworded. They never once used the word classic. The players used the word classic.
Mon 18 Jan 2021 10:05 PM by Simon73
imho it's the most fun event ever
Tue 19 Jan 2021 12:31 AM by opossum12
Syntax wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:14 PM
opossum12 wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:08 PM
Syntax wrote:

Yeah man, new as from early beta.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 4:01 AM by Nephamael
its just gonne be an event

and its gonna be fun, especially 3v3
Tue 19 Jan 2021 8:11 AM by Ceen
Nephamael wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 4:01 AM
its just gonne be an event

and its gonna be fun, especially 3v3

- Groupsize: 8
Tue 19 Jan 2021 9:11 AM by Sepplord
and nowhere is said it would just be an event?

It could be a misunderstanding on my side, but i didn't think it would be a limited event when i read the announcement
Tue 19 Jan 2021 10:17 AM by Noashakra
Yesterday the ZF was nice, no people disengaging on task flags.
Let them do those events, the rvr was much more enjoyable.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 12:15 PM by Centenario
8v8 casuals are still roaming the RvR zones.
Just remove the 8v8 gvg teams from there, to prevent the gvg ppl from breaking cc, disengaging, etc...
Also casuals don't always use voice com, even if they do 8-man roam. Its quite unfair to be faced with full-on, intense, com-on, try-hard, teams.

Casuals can be under the influence of alcohol, or substances, etc... They are not necessarily calling targets, assisting, etc...

They can always improve and then some might join gvg/arena because they like it better that way, military style.

If we can't implement a rating system, where 10L are not facing 3L or 10L low skill are not facing 3L high skill. Well then arena could be a better solution.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 4:43 PM by opossum12
Centenario wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 12:15 PM
8v8 casuals are still roaming the RvR zones.
Just remove the 8v8 gvg teams from there, to prevent the gvg ppl from breaking cc, disengaging, etc...
Also casuals don't always use voice com, even if they do 8-man roam. Its quite unfair to be faced with full-on, intense, com-on, try-hard, teams.

Casuals can be under the influence of alcohol, or substances, etc... They are not necessarily calling targets, assisting, etc...

They can always improve and then some might join gvg/arena because they like it better that way, military style.

If we can't implement a rating system, where 10L are not facing 3L or 10L low skill are not facing 3L high skill. Well then arena could be a better solution.

Yeah man, there is this rule that you must be sober to register on the gvg list. They also ask you to send your urine test results.

A casual group has zero excuse not to use voice. Takes 5 seconds to get everyone in the same discord server, Phoenix discord server even has a bunch of channels for people that pug and don't want to invite others to their server.

People need to stop making shitty excuses when they lose over and over like not being in voice. Game is 19 years old. If you can't assist after 19 years, then you deserve to die.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics