Stealth Combat Timer for Mount

Started 16 Jan 2021
by btcdaddy
in Suggestions
Hi, I'd love to suggest that the 60-second timer after coming out of stealth for summoning your mount be removed or at the very least lowered. Seems like a strange interaction given that stealth doesn't trigger combat for anything else (correct me if I'm wrong pls.) I think this would be a great QoL change and I don't see it giving an advantage since there's still a 5 second cast time.

Thoughts?
Sat 16 Jan 2021 4:57 AM by gotwqqd
btcdaddy wrote:
Sat 16 Jan 2021 2:48 AM
Hi, I'd love to suggest that the 60-second timer after coming out of stealth for summoning your mount be removed or at the very least lowered. Seems like a strange interaction given that stealth doesn't trigger combat for anything else (correct me if I'm wrong pls.) I think this would be a great QoL change and I don't see it giving an advantage since there's still a 5 second cast time.

Thoughts?
You don’t see an advantage ..... huh....
Sat 16 Jan 2021 7:19 AM by joshisanonymous
I never wanted mounts, and I was fine with the really long timer, and now that timer has been significantly reduced. I'd rather not go any further with it.

BTW, if you didn't know already, the timer kicks in for any ability use whatsoever other than pots, so this isn't a stealth thing. Casters, for instance, have to wait 60 seconds after redoing shields.
Sat 16 Jan 2021 7:31 AM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sat 16 Jan 2021 7:19 AM
and now that timer has been significantly reduced.

When was it reduced?

Unless I missed a recent change, it was always 1 minute.
Sat 16 Jan 2021 2:22 PM by btcdaddy
joshisanonymous wrote:
I never wanted mounts, and I was fine with the really long timer, and now that timer has been significantly reduced. I'd rather not go any further with it.

BTW, if you didn't know already, the timer kicks in for any ability use whatsoever other than pots, so this isn't a stealth thing. Casters, for instance, have to wait 60 seconds after redoing shields.

thank you! I actually didn't know that and this seems more fair...though still makes no sense lol. Guess I'm just a bit annoyed I spent 5p for no reason
Sat 16 Jan 2021 5:56 PM by The Skies Asunder
I don't think any of these restrictions help in the first place. Just give horses a normal out of combat timer so people can actually use them in the frontiers to solo/smallman without a speed class.
Sat 16 Jan 2021 6:06 PM by CowwoC
Tbh, horses are currently useless in rvr unless you lost speed on a mob somewhere and there is no hastener around, you have the possibility to wait where you lost your speed for the horse summon and you are not playing a speed class. Even in pve horses are not really that great and have not much to offer, since you either simply port out and if you can't you probably just cide on a mob or drop dead.
Sun 17 Jan 2021 4:42 AM by joshisanonymous
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 16 Jan 2021 7:31 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:
and now that timer has been significantly reduced.

When was it reduced?

Unless I missed a recent change, it was always 1 minute.

You're right, it has always been 60 seconds. I could've sworn it was longer initially and seemed rather short after coming back from a couple months of not playing.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics