RP buff until RR5 vs Event RP and XP in support of fairness

Started 12 Jan 2021
by aceofspadez2k
in Suggestions
The event turn out was great, and lots of old DAOC players came out and played, but it created a lot of unfairness for players who leveled and realm ranked their characters the normal way.

Without the event not a lot of new players want to start the game over, grind to 50 and RR5. To make the game more enjoyable for new returning players, a RP buff should be included for all players RvRing until they hit RR5. This will create more balance and players won't give up playing the game due to the grind.

People your thoughts and comments?
Tue 12 Jan 2021 11:25 PM by ExcretusMaximus
The event is essentially a guaranteed monthly thing now, just reroll your sub-rr4 when it rolls around again.
Thu 14 Jan 2021 11:14 PM by Nephamael
The event is essentially a guaranteed monthly thing now, just reroll your sub-rr4 when it rolls around again.

Especially with the event once a month i think doing something for existing toons to reach RR5 is a good idea.

I suggest RPs per death on task tick.

It could be 100 RPs per death. Now if you suicide 20 times within 1h into a keep you make 2k RPs. That doesn't sound abusable to me, but someone who actually goes out to fight and dies 10 times gets 1k more RPs per task

To prevent rezz suicide abuse the death RPs would have to have a 2 minute timer i guess. (60/2 = 30 death max possible within 1h making it 3k/h max by "deathfarming" i doubt anyone will do that, lol)

To make it a help RP catch up tool it could only apply to sub RR5 toons or be doubled for them and apply to everyone.
Thu 14 Jan 2021 11:20 PM by gotwqqd
I agree
Double RR points given now until RR5

Also I’d like to see Purge 1 given free to everyone at level 35
Fri 15 Jan 2021 1:05 AM by daytonchambers
The task for both RvR participation as well as the flag task offer 1k arpees apiece. That reward doesn't begin to decay until you're in the RR4s.

This is specifically to boost lower RRs to rank 5. Adding your idea would be redundant, and IMO it isn't needed.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 1:18 AM by boridi
Why not just have everyone go to RR10 immediately after the character creation screen? My SB is 9L7 and the grind to RR10 is tough. Fighting Exo and all the other RR11 nightshades hurts my feelings.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 9:46 AM by gotwqqd
boridi wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 1:18 AM
Why not just have everyone go to RR10 immediately after the character creation screen? My SB is 9L7 and the grind to RR10 is tough. Fighting Exo and all the other RR11 nightshades hurts my feelings.
Asking for 1/2 the time to get to RR5 is nowhere near asking for RR10 on creation.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 2:42 PM by bculpepper
If you make regular XP and RP easier you risk de-valuing the event.

As others have said - you get more RPs today per task tick as well as more RPs per kill at lower RR. I don't really think any change is necessary. It is a little painful as I had just hit 50 and finished templating a hunter when the first event rolled around. Going to RvR at RR2 instead of RR5 if I had done the event would have been easier - but its not all that bad.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 5:04 PM by joshisanonymous
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 11:25 PM

This is a very bad aspect of the planned regularity of the event, IMO. We shouldn't have a system where the entire playerbase avoids PvE and sub-RR5 RvR all month long so that they can effectively skip all that in one weekend during the event.

I can understand why people like the event so much, but I don't care for that sort of gameplay at all, so what this means for me is that once a month the game is utterly dead. If it means that everything other than high RR RvR is dead between the event as well, that's very bad for people like me.

I also don't like the OP's suggestion, though. For me, the problem is not that I can't get to RR5 outside of the event as quickly as I can inside the event, it's that the benefits of the event are so great that it incentivizes people to ignore than regular game modes.
Fri 15 Jan 2021 7:56 PM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 15 Jan 2021 5:04 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 11:25 PM

This is a very bad aspect of the planned regularity of the event, IMO. We shouldn't have a system where the entire playerbase avoids PvE and sub-RR5 RvR all month long so that they can effectively skip all that in one weekend during the event.

I agree.

Personally, I hate the PvP event and think it's complete garbage due to it effectively shutting down all other in-game activities for the duration, and the 2-5 day lull in regular RvR after it ends. However, as long as it's available, it should be used, as it's by far the most effective leveling (both for characters and realm ranks) available.
Sat 16 Jan 2021 5:37 PM by CowwoC
I think it is really hard to balance or at least nothing comes to my mind to make this happen. IF the event is really every 3 weeks, then i would probably delete all my existing level 50 toons who are still rr1, so that i can push them at the event to 50 AND rr 4 or 5. So i agree it would be cool to see a method to avoid that, so that existing toons also could profit from that, to make them more viable in big rvr.

The question is how do you do that without taking away the grind reward from people who already grinded up from rr1 to rr5 themselves and also making this available for the regular bg casuals and not just premades, otherwise it will be just another tool for the people who are already set, to push even more toons to rr5 even without using the event. There has to be a way that the buff affects people who actually would need it and not people who sit on several rr8+ toons already. I don't want to say they have enough, because they also put time and effort in it - but a buff only really affects peeps who don't mind spending much time anyway, then nothing will change regarding the goal to help newbz to get a foot into big rvr.

Imho.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics