Pet in keeps - Solutions to prevent abuse

Started 7 Jan 2021
by Hedien
in Suggestions
Hello all,

I have been working with my brother to create rvr toon, to play in structure with aoe dot, disease, spears... you name it.

Today, we inc berk tower in front of berk. We got killed by necro when the door was still up, while standing beside the lord. The necro was using Juggernaut, reflect damage spells and getting spread heal to a point that with disease (or its imunity) and 3-4 casters on it, it would not go down. 1st time we faced it... maybe an oddity right?
We come back to Berk, the keep was under attack, we find ourselves in the court... with simulacrum pets and necro pet crossing and sticking most of us. God annoying...
Outer door opens, we go in keep - I do a beautiful aoe dot + disease on 15 albs and then got ns'd.

Then the following happened:
https://streamable.com/r7mr6k

As you could see in the group chan, it was frustration and thinking on how to deal with it.

If pathing cannot be controlled due to too complex coding.
Would it be possible to have the lord instant kill pet if the door of the keep is above 0%?

Any other suggestion would be appreciated, because that's just killing the fun. Our party simply disbanded and logged off.
Thu 7 Jan 2021 5:19 PM by Festers
Something seriously needs to be done about this. Makes defending with a small number impossible. Necro pets seem to be a particular problem due to heal mechanics.

It is also worth noting that at present when any pet reaches the lord room the lord tends to go haywire and run halfway down the stairs before running back up and swinging at the pet, a problem that is then made worse when there is more than 1.

Some sort of pbaoe damage vs pets as mentioned above or a pet scare mechanic centred on lord may help this.
Thu 7 Jan 2021 5:26 PM by Runental
sup folks, check this:
allready in discussion.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/realm/rvr/28083-pet-bugging-into-keepstowers#p153690

i was with you in Berk. this was a pure joke
Thu 7 Jan 2021 9:48 PM by Sepplord
I agree with you guys that it sucks and is a bad mechanic but could you explain one thing, maybe i am missing it:

How do defend with a smallman after the doors are open If you can't kill pets in the lordroom while the doors are closed an enemies don't come in too?

I mean seriously, i agree that it is unfun and should be changed, and grünes is aware, but it seems a bit exxagerated to say this ruins defensechance.

Or am i missing something? Serious question. I don't have much raiding experience
Thu 7 Jan 2021 9:54 PM by Runental
Thats not the point Sepp... just watch the video..
Instead fighting real players, and maybe lock down a few until you get rolled/outnumbered from the attackers (which is not the problem), you have do deal with dozens of bug pets the whole siege fight.
Noone has a problem to die versus attackers which have way more numbers,- but there should be the possibility to (try) kill a few or atleast hinder them for few minutes until reinforements arive (or not, whatever)....
Thu 7 Jan 2021 9:56 PM by Simon73
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 7 Jan 2021 9:48 PM
I agree with you guys that it sucks and is a bad mechanic but could you explain one thing, maybe i am missing it:

How do defend with a smallman after the doors are open If you can't kill pets in the lordroom while the doors are closed an enemies don't come in too?

On live this has been fixed. There is a reason for it
Thu 7 Jan 2021 10:08 PM by Sepplord
Yeah, as i said multiple times, it is annoying and should be fixed (or some work around like grünes mentioned too)...
No Idea how you missed that Simon, but i Hope you got it now

Thanks runental for clarifying, i didnt think of stalling time for reinforcements
Fri 8 Jan 2021 1:59 AM by Hedien
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 7 Jan 2021 10:08 PM
Yeah, as i said multiple times, it is annoying and should be fixed (or some work around like grünes mentioned too)...

What is the workaround Grunes mentioned, I am curious.
Fri 8 Jan 2021 7:27 AM by Sepplord
Different work arounds are being contemplated here:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/realm/rvr/28083-pet-bugging-into-keepstowers#p153690
Sun 17 Jan 2021 11:17 AM by Hedien
Another defense with 5 mib vs 28 hibs. We could not fight due to pets.
Super annoying and frustrating.
This one player was creating pet and sending it back again and again.

The thing is. We log with my brother play duo Thane / Skald. We get rolled over and manage 2/3 "normal" fights in 2 hours. We logged off out of frustration.
Then we say "hibs are taking keeps in mid, let's pull our defense toon and have some fun". We logged off out of frustration.

People logging off out of frustration is really not great. Please implement in-between solution before your perfect solution becomes available.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics