Well constructed argumentHedien wrote: ↑Sat 28 Nov 2020 6:20 AMI see a lot of difference in skill out there when solo fighting infi/ns:
- Low rank who do not have VIPER.
- Unexperienced players who do not apply consistently dots via weapon switch.
- And the high RR, maxed out viper stealthers who switch weapons.
I am going to assume the 3rd case for the below.
Let's say I play a thane, 8L against those 8L-11L stealthers, 5 scenario:
- No RA up on both sides, I lose. Poison damage, debuff s/c, disease is just too hard hitting - especially if they succeed their engage.
- Purge up on both sides. Same as above due to reapply without immune mechanism, while the stealther will be immune slam.
- Purge up only on stealther side. I lose - hard. (often seing high rr stealther taking purge 5)
- All RA up on all side, but no vanish. I can win, but nowhere guaranteed. (I don't want to side strafe exploit to apply snare)
- All RA up on all side, vanish. I probably lose due to low hp and disease followed by re-engage, esp if the stealth used FA.
The reason for the above loss is linked to VIPER. The damage is very high and passive so 100% uptime.
Another reason is immunity mechanism, while it can be purged, only stun is generating immune. Rendering purge power much stronger on infi/ns than on solo visi.
IP is 15 min cooldown.
Given the 40% of stealth population, encountering a 9L+ stealther as solo visi is very frequent.
So I find myself doing the following:
- Wait 15 min, try and go out.
- Encounter solo stealth (assume no add) - scenario #3 or 4 occurs.
- Go back to keep. Wait 15 min. Play another game.
- Start again.
Well, this sucks. I want to go out all the time as solo to enjoy the game continuously. But due to the above mechanisms I have observed, I cannot or I would be feeding and getting frustrated. At the end it is related to relative active vs passive RA power and cooldown. With all my active RA, I am at par with someone mainly using passive. This is not right.
Then there is the "natural" enemy class design. Indeed, the stealther classes have significant advantage against cloth. They are their natural enemies.
My issue is, I don't see obvious stealther natural enemies. I agree with OP that, in the spirit of class design, infil/ns should be at a disadvantage against a tank.
Once again, my tests are based on Thane... which without the style proc implemented is underpowered. (especially if you don't side snare straffe to leverage your st)
But I feel there is some truth in this post and that melee stealthers are a bit too strong now at same skill/RR.
All people saying "haha you are not a true soloer so stfu" are just failing to conceptualize and instead resort to personal attacks. Just to be ignored...
I see the fix as
Slight increase in assassin damage....only allow poisons on equipped weapons(3)
Apply penalty for swapping (this also applies to shield swappers which is also an issue)