Free Purge 1

Started 21 Oct 2020
by Horus
in Suggestions
Seeing as it is impossible to play the game without purge given the insane amount of mez/stun/snare/dot etc....

The precedent has been set with LW and Tireless....

How about every gets Purge 1 automatically?

Put it to a vote.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 5:35 PM by imweasel
I wonder if instead of purge1 being free, perhaps you could bump all the effects. Like have purge1 work like purge2, purge2 like purge3, etc.

I'm ok with giving 1pt RA's for free, but I am opposed to giving more costly realm abilities for free.

Like if first aid, instead of being free to level 2, was simply reduced in price (like 2/5 or even 2/4) to "promote" players buying it instead of the idea of giving skalds/minstrels a free RR, I don't think the player base would have been up in arms as much as they were. Adjust the price in small steps instead of a huge and drastic change.

I think if RR5 "abilities" were simply a free realm ability currently available to the class it might have been much smoother.

But unfortunately the devs only deal with large/over the top/radical changes that in the end simply get reverted or nerfed into oblivion that makes the player base very apprehensive to ANY change to class "balance".

The worst part is that the devs REFUSE to see that as the primary reason for the player base vitriol thrown their direction.

Makes baby jesus sad...

Sorry to hijack your post. Just read the first two sections...
Wed 21 Oct 2020 5:38 PM by labra
I like having to chose either offensive or defensive ra.
Having all for "free" reduce diversity in gameplay.

I like to know that my friar has reflex attack and ST and no purge because of a choice I made.
Sometime it works sometime it doesn't, I like it this way.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 5:58 PM by Spiegal
Yes I would say that it force us to make a sacrifice. And I like the idea of you win some, you lose some.
Hence why it pushes you to gain even more RR rank.

Even the FA2 i thought was unnecessary as mage would prefer to have MCL2.
MY 2 cents anyway
Wed 21 Oct 2020 7:05 PM by gotwqqd
I pushed for this instead of FA2.
It makes sense. It’s almost universally needed and wanted.

And Purge 1 can actually be utilized without going for purge 2 during early RR’s.
No bother using for poisons or stun, but it would be nice to have now and then for the 60+ second roots/mezzes
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:31 PM by Gildar
imweasel wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 5:35 PM
I wonder if instead of purge1 being free, perhaps you could bump all the effects. Like have purge1 work like purge2, purge2 like purge3, etc.

I'm ok with giving 1pt RA's for free, but I am opposed to giving more costly realm abilities for free.

Like if first aid, instead of being free to level 2, was simply reduced in price (like 2/5 or even 2/4) to "promote" players buying it ......
/cut/

This ^^
Thu 22 Oct 2020 10:08 AM by Kevan89
Is probably a bad idea but I'll spit it out anyway, what about a Purge rework like that:
each Tier of Purge cost 1 RP but you unlock the Tier as follows:
Purge 1: 1L5
Purge 2: 3L0
Purge 3: 5L0
Purge 4: 7L0
Purge 5: 10L0

I know, it removes the "choice" but maybe being more accessible the necessary active RAs (I think Purge can be considered really the only one necessary in each playstyle) we would have more variety, and there will be anyway a sort of cap due the RL to reach before to be able to get it.

Go on, kill me I'm really interested to hear opinions.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 10:34 AM by easytoremember
Not a single one of my characters has used Purge on this server so while it is completely against the meta it's not impossible.
Whenever my enemy has purge down from the beginning it gives me a full RR's rsp handicap over him and even more with purge3+
Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:05 AM by Sepplord
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 10:34 AM
Not a single one of my characters has used Purge on this server so while it is completely against the meta it's not impossible.
Whenever my enemy has purge down from the beginning it gives me a full RR's rsp handicap over him and even more with purge3+
ofcourse it isn't impossible, you have a point though that purge can be unimportant depending on playstyle and the encounters you have.
The second statement has a fallacy though. His purge being down or not has no impact on what you personally lose/win by having purge up / on
cooldown / not specced.

Kevan89 wrote: Is probably a bad idea but I'll spit it out anyway, what about a Purge rework like that:

I know, it removes the "choice" but maybe being more accessible the necessary active RAs (I think Purge can be considered really the only one necessary in each playstyle) we would have more variety, and there will be anyway a sort of cap due the RL to reach before to be able to get it.

The Main issue is see with this is that the benefit scales up with higher RR. It further increases the powergap between low-RR and high-RR players which imo doesn't sound like a good thing to do (even though i would heavily profit from it as i only play a RR9+ character).

Giving out so many points worth of RAs for free could also have unwanted influence on classbalance too
Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:24 AM by Kevan89
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:05 AM
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 10:34 AM
ofcourse it isn't impossible, you have a point though that purge can be unimportant depending on playstyle and the encounters you have.
The second statement has a fallacy though. His purge being down or not has no impact on what you personally lose/win by having purge up / on
cooldown / not specced.

Kevan89 wrote: Is probably a bad idea but I'll spit it out anyway, what about a Purge rework like that:

The Main issue is see with this is that the benefit scales up with higher RR. It further increases the powergap between low-RR and high-RR players which imo doesn't sound like a good thing to do (even though i would heavily profit from it as i only play a RR9+ character).

Giving out so many points worth of RAs for free could also have unwanted influence on classbalance too
I entirely agree with the drawback you mentioned, but I thought that needed to be layered somehow with some requirements.

Is the class balance thingy that I'm interested to and for this I would like to hear from some of you (who definitely knows the game better than me, since I played the game since launch but never mastered it) what possible scenario would come out and to list pro and cons.

Thanks to whoever will participate in the discussion.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:41 AM by Sepplord
Kevan89 wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:24 AM
I entirely agree with the drawback you mentioned, but I thought that needed to be layered somehow with some requirements.

Is the class balance thingy that I'm interested to and for this I would like to hear from some of you (who definitely knows the game better than me, since I played the game since launch but never mastered it) what possible scenario would come out and to list pro and cons.

Thanks to whoever will participate in the discussion.

I don't have the time to look for a specific example, and maybe it doesn't even exist. But different classes scale different with RR, so propelling everyone a couple of RR's forward could lead to those classes scaling heavier than someone else.
Another risk that might exist, is that currently certain combinations of active RAs on a class are not viable to be specced together, or if they are it comes with the HEAVY downside of not having purge.
While classes that don't have as many strong things to spend their points on can only use the freed up points on week "nice2have" abilities/passives.

I just thought of an example, though it might be niche, but just looking at the smallman i run with regularly. The healer usually speccs purge4or5 since he is our only healer, only CCer and there is noone to demezz him. Giving him purge5 for 5points instead of 30 gives him 25points that would immensely boost his performance, since healers have tons of nice actives AND passives to help them in all kinds of situations with huge benefits for the group.
On the other hand, there is our savage. He has Purge2...and often doesn't even need it for hours. He doesn't need purge5 at all, and he doesn't have anything besides high levels of aug dex/str to boost his dmg. Yes, he could boost his survival rates with higher levels of AoM / IP / EM etc....but it isn't even close to the benefit our healer would get.

The more i think about it, it would probably not benefit DET-tanks much, further buffing the already casterheavy meta. (but that is a wild guess...it could also heavily benefits some hybrids more than casters or it could benefit off-meta casters more than the meta-casters etc...)
Fri 23 Oct 2020 1:45 AM by imweasel
Look, it's pretty simple.

Reduce costs of RAs if underused or if it will be beneficial to everyone without affecting balance.

Simple.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics