Starter guilds

Started 19 Oct 2020
by Forlornhope
in Suggestions
Have a permanent guild xp buff in all the starter guilds.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 8:33 PM by Bradekes
80% of the new people join guilds for exp buff and meet new people. If beginner guild has that it messes with that dynamic. I'd say if this were to happen give regular guilds a bigger bonus to exp like 10%.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 8:47 PM by Forlornhope
Bradekes wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 8:33 PM
80% of the new people join guilds for exp buff and meet new people. If beginner guild has that it messes with that dynamic. I'd say if this were to happen give regular guilds a bigger bonus to exp like 10%.

I doubt it's going to happen, but every time I make a new toon there's always like seven pages of people in the alb/hib starter. I do agree that there should be some incentive to join guilds, so making the starter bonus less than a player created guild makes sense to me.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 2:10 AM by Jafeeio
FWIW during beta anyone was able to activate the guild xp buff in the starter guild (I tested this for the oh so important rush at launch ) but it was disabled just in time for the real server launch. I asked about this in Discordat the time and just got a confirmation it's intended but I don't recall any reasoning.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 3:58 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Jafeeio wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 2:10 AM
FWIW during beta anyone was able to activate the guild xp buff in the starter guild (I tested this for the oh so important rush at launch ) but it was disabled just in time for the real server launch. I asked about this in Discordat the time and just got a confirmation it's intended but I don't recall any reasoning.

Probably because anyone who wanted to be a dick could make three macros and rotate through all of the buff types to deplete the guild's merit points in like 3 minutes.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 6:20 AM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 3:58 AM
Jafeeio wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 2:10 AM

Probably because anyone who wanted to be a dick could make three macros and rotate through all of the buff types to deplete the guild's merit points in like 3 minutes.

which would be one of the easiest things to track down and ban someone for...
but even if left alone and allowing that behaviour, there would still be a buff up constantly, compared to the current solution where nothing is active. That's hardly better since the points aren't used for anything else anyways
Tue 20 Oct 2020 7:17 AM by Uthred
Starter guilds are meant as a starting point for new player where they can easily find players in their range and to ask for help if needed besides the advice channel. To make them a little more popular and give them the feeling of being a real guild, we gave them the right to wear an emblem and to claim keeps some time ago. When we did this we also discussed if they should get the right to enable the guild buffs.

But we decided to not implement this, as it might cause some trouble (why did you start the rp buff, need the xp buff!!!!!) and also to make regular guilds more attractive as they are able to offer an incentive (the guild buff) for joining them.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 1:41 PM by Forlornhope
Uthred wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 7:17 AM
Starter guilds are meant as a starting point for new player where they can easily find players in their range and to ask for help if needed besides the advice channel. To make them a little more popular and give them the feeling of being a real guild, we gave them the right to wear an emblem and to claim keeps some time ago. When we did this we also discussed if they should get the right to enable the guild buffs.

But we decided to not implement this, as it might cause some trouble (why did you start the rp buff, need the xp buff!!!!!) and also to make regular guilds more attractive as they are able to offer an incentive (the guild buff) for joining them.

Makes sense, thanks for the response Uthred, appreciate it!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics