Please bring the missing classes to Phoenix.

Started 16 Oct 2020
by Shamissa
in Suggestions
@Uthred and Devs, please bring the Valkyrie, warlock, vamps and i am not sure about maulers. But why not bring them into Phoenix just wondering. As always thank you for everything you guys do here awesome job, but still missing a few things!!!! Which i am sure you will get there in the future

Xoxo
Fri 16 Oct 2020 1:40 AM by ExcretusMaximus
The devs believe that Warlocks are the worst thing to ever happen to gaming, it's not going to happen.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 3:34 AM by trawetsnivek
I would much rather the devs bring in the new classes than them going forward with the style changes. Rather no maulers or cows though.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 6:24 AM by Astaa
Warlocks = dumbest class in the entire history of DAOC, played by similar people. Nope
Valk = Not a huge problem really. Maybe

Vamp = Originally OP on live (no idea now) designed to fight buffbotted players, would breeze through everything on phoenix. Nope.
Bainshee = too open to abuse. Nope

Heretic = again, too buffed for non-buffbot play. Nope.

Mauler = Nope, nope, nope

So a maybe on Valks and a no on everything else, not worth the time

I would like to see some of the pve content though
Fri 16 Oct 2020 10:21 AM by evert
Valk would be nice even if its nerfed, mid is lacking healer/tank hybrid which the other 2 realms have.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 12:10 PM by Forlornhope
Astaa wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 6:24 AM
Warlocks = dumbest class in the entire history of DAOC, played by similar people. Nope

Vamp = Originally OP on live (no idea now) designed to fight buffbotted players, would breeze through everything on phoenix. Nope.

Idk with needed los for aoe type styles here bainshee might actually be more classified as a maybe.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 1:22 PM by Shamissa
Astaa wrote:

No more pve wtf is wrong with you? Go play wow there’s a lot of god damn pve content there I heard.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:05 PM by evert
bump for valks

mid has less classes anyway, it's not fair
Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:32 PM by labra
While I'd love this, most of those classes would bring too much imbalance.

The only suitable class would be Valkyrie, but it requires to tune down or remove some spells (buff shear).

Guys, please stay polite, there's better to answer this than "wtf is wrong with you? Go play wow"
Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:37 PM by inoeth
wont happen because the "i leave when you go the broatsword road" faction will scream too loud again......
Mon 19 Oct 2020 4:01 PM by Azrael
inoeth wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:37 PM
wont happen because the "i leave when you go the broatsword road" faction will scream too loud again......

Missed the post where you explained why you do not play live instead of phx. If you dont mind you could explain it to me again pls.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 6:40 AM by Sepplord
Azrael wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 4:01 PM
inoeth wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:37 PM

Missed the post where you explained why you do not play live instead of phx. If you dont mind you could explain it to me again pls.
IIRR he stopped because he didn't have a CC, and nowadays population on live is not big enough for EU-times
Tue 20 Oct 2020 1:47 PM by Shamissa
Well either way i guess we dont have to worry about that anymore or expect anything here anymore....i am asking myself if eve worth tokeep it going. Because you cant even ask a question in discord, that a GM say you a trolling ...so what i guess its that time you know.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 2:30 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Shamissa wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 1:47 PM
Well either way i guess we dont have to worry about that anymore or expect anything here anymore....i am asking myself if eve worth tokeep it going. Because you cant even ask a question in discord, that a GM say you a trolling ...so what i guess its that time you know.

Bye.

You won't be missed.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:39 PM by Gildar
Thanks God staff dont up that broken and absurd classes on Phoenix ...
And i'm Hib ... can have vampiir and banshee ... but ...

NO THANKS !!!
Wed 21 Oct 2020 11:12 PM by The Skies Asunder
Adding toned down versions of Valkyrie, Bainshee, and Heretic would be something I could get behind, if they were done well (Especially Valkyrie, as I absolutely loved that class). I would likely never vote to add Mauler, and definitely never vote to add Vampiir, or Warlock though.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 12:12 AM by Bradekes
I'd prefer them make a custom class for each realm instead of any of the classes we are missing from reg daoc. I think it would be interesting to see their take on making a class from scratch
Sat 24 Oct 2020 3:56 PM by yepyukon
Adding the Valk would be nice. Mid does need a secondary or tertiary healer and they do lack in classes compared to Hib and Alb. Plus, it might get people playing Mid again since they are usually the underpopulated realm. But doubt it happens.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 1:54 AM by Hodge
I would play a valk. Mid is the only realm without a healing melee training class type which I enjoy playing. Although, they are a viking right? So kinda like paladin but that can cast heals and instas with chain along with insta dd and cone aoe dd. Paladin more tanky with plate and af buffs.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 3:23 AM by Forlornhope
Gildar wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:39 PM

NO THANKS !!!

Banshee wouldn't really be too bad here honestly, their biggest advantage was being able to cone aoe through structures. Since pbaoes need los here that would be a non issue.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:06 AM by easytoremember
Forlornhope wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 3:23 AM
Gildar wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:39 PM

NO THANKS !!!

Banshee wouldn't really be too bad here honestly, their biggest advantage was being able to cone aoe through structures. Since pbaoes need los here that would be a non issue.

I hate that their spellines were shamelessly the 'aoe spec' the 'pbaoe' spec the 'cone' spec with identical spells. There was some extra stuff added later but it varies between useless for rvr to stupid for existing (like the realm-turning charm). I think the only variation between the 3 I did like was that pulse pbaoe-dd that ate your power
Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:23 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
Shamissa wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 12:54 AM
But why not bring them into Phoenix just wondering.

Because they were garbage, ridiculously OP'd characters when they were released, and would be garbage, ridiculously OP'd classes on Phoenix.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 3:26 PM by evert
overwhelmingly positive feedback for valks.... if you want to make changes that get praise from the community you should read this thread GMs!
Sun 25 Oct 2020 3:39 PM by gruenesschaf
While valks would mostly fit and banshees to a lesser extent, there is no desire whatsoever to add more classes. The still pretty much guaranteed to not happen yet more likely course of action would be the merging / removal of certain existing classes instead.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 3:41 PM by evert
Can we get a survey on this?
Mon 26 Oct 2020 12:57 AM by Hodge
I am curious about what is meant by merging. Would that be combining two existing classes into one class in one realm? Or allowing a few class types be available in another realm?
Mon 26 Oct 2020 3:02 AM by Lokkjim
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 3:39 PM
While valks would mostly fit and banshees to a lesser extent, there is no desire whatsoever to add more classes. The still pretty much guaranteed to not happen yet more likely course of action would be the merging / removal of certain existing classes instead.

Please hide this post from all the people saying to remove stealth from the game lol.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 7:22 AM by Rov
Bainshees shouldn't be too OP to get in at this patch level to be fair, just dont give them uninteruptable 2,3k range taunt nukes.

Nor do i see valkyries as being a problem if they get a nerf to their style procs, for spear and the insta heal.

And heretics might need some damage spells toned down aswell if they were to be implemented.

I could see those 3 classes viable for this patch level, but i wouldn't want warlocks, vampiirs or maulers.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:46 AM by gotwqqd
gruenesschaf wrote:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=NmPhaG1ud38

Love to know what merging is about?
Mon 26 Oct 2020 1:54 PM by tommccartney
Merging classes ? Oh Christ, here we go
Mon 26 Oct 2020 8:49 PM by imweasel
tommccartney wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 1:54 PM
Merging classes ? Oh Christ, here we go

It's never a dull ride, that's for sure...
Tue 27 Oct 2020 11:16 AM by Sepplord
with the whinebots, it surely isn't
you guys really like to always think of the worst way something said can be interpreted

I read it like a statement that wanted to show how ridiculously low the odds are of getting additional classes, and i am sure anyone unbiased would agree
Tue 27 Oct 2020 12:09 PM by imweasel
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 11:16 AM
with the whinebots, it surely isn't
you guys really like to always think of the worst way something said can be interpreted

I read it like a statement that wanted to show how ridiculously low the odds are of getting additional classes, and i am sure anyone unbiased would agree

Yet something more likely to happen is merging of classes...I agree that it's a very low chance to occur but I didn't even think that the style review would result in a complete style release either...
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:05 PM by Shamissa
gruenesschaf wrote:

I am cool without maulers, banshees and vamps. But would be nice to at least add valks. Merging? ^^ you got us all curious now lol.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 7:28 PM by evert
Bump for valks
Tue 29 Dec 2020 7:40 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:
more likely course of action would be the merging / removal of certain existing classes instead.

Get rid of stealthers, you know you want to. Look at these forums, fifteen players making hundreds of posts defending what everyone else knows is a broken archetype.

Take away stealth, give them a group utility no one else offers, and let's move on.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 8:45 PM by Noashakra
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 7:40 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
more likely course of action would be the merging / removal of certain existing classes instead.

Get rid of stealthers, you know you want to. Look at these forums, fifteen players making hundreds of posts defending what everyone else knows is a broken archetype.

Take away stealth, give them a group utility no one else offers, and let's move on.

Tue 29 Dec 2020 9:17 PM by WildWilbur
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 29 Dec 2020 7:40 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

No, Donald, even after the recount - just no...
Wed 30 Dec 2020 12:16 PM by Simon73
yes please merge wardens with bm's!!!!
Wed 30 Dec 2020 3:10 PM by Sagz
Astaa wrote:

Ok before I say this, I will say I am not a fan of adding more classes. However, if you think about it the classes would not be as OP as it was on live, there is no casting speed increase (other than an RA) there is not bonus to power pool, no buff bonus (other than the RA) or bonus to range etc. A few things could be considered since this isn't live.

Warlock, Bainshee, Herectic would not be as powerful as on live and I don't think would be overly terrible to the server, The Valkyrie would be a nice addition, without the buff shears, The Vampyre however is the only class that would really be more powerful here, the hit box and arcs are so large here not to mention the spell cast included and buffs. The only way this would work is to remove the self buffs and allow them to be buffed by other classes or buff pots.

Again, though, not endorsing more classes just try to think objectively, most people who think another class is OP, either never played the class and got beat down hard by it, or listened to enough of those people complaining about it and not trying it themselves.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:40 PM by Noashakra
I had the first vamp 10L on hib ys back in the days.
It was op in solo and in groups. Saying otherwise is absurd.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 12:57 AM by Sagz
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:40 PM
I had the first vamp 10L on hib ys back in the days.
It was op in solo and in groups. Saying otherwise is absurd.

Who said it wasn't?
Thu 31 Dec 2020 1:43 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Sagz wrote:
Thu 31 Dec 2020 12:57 AM
Who said it wasn't?

No one. Noashakra's favorite activity is pretending people say something she/he disagrees with, then arguing with him/herself.
Thu 31 Dec 2020 11:31 PM by Noashakra
most people who think another class is OP, either never played the class and got beat down hard by it, or listened to enough of those people complaining about it and not trying it themselves.

Yeeeeah you are full of shit, like always.
It's your favorite activity too

It's the same for the WL. It was super OP on live, like banshee, and we are better without them.

I was counter arguing his point, that's all.

Happy new year!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics