buff shears

Started 10 Oct 2020
by omicidi
in Suggestions
Buff shearing is a fantastic tool for boring classes like the cleric and druid. Can someone explain why they would not want buff shears?

With that said: what can we do to druids and clerics to give them something else to do other than run around afk until someone needs a heal?
Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:06 PM by dbeattie71
I play a cleric and voted yes. All the nubs that don’t want their precious buffs sheared voted no prob.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 3:03 PM by Cruella
As soon as abilities like shears are implemented they get mandatory to use . Its nothing optional. And no. I hate the fact to get a job more on my
shoulders i didnt ask for . I dont want to "have to shear" or i let my group down. Get yourself some toys when you get bored....or pet your lynx or smite some whatever stuff...
Sat 10 Oct 2020 5:48 PM by omicidi
Cruella wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 3:03 PM
As soon as abilities like shears are implemented they get mandatory to use . Its nothing optional. And no. I hate the fact to get a job more on my
shoulders i didnt ask for . I dont want to "have to shear" or i let my group down. Get yourself some toys when you get bored....or pet your lynx or smite some whatever stuff...

Eh, that’s really laziness or not wanting the skill cap to be raised on the easiest class to play.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 7:40 PM by ExcretusMaximus
On a server without buffbots, shears are a massive imbalance in favor of Midgard; the other two realms can't afford to have red AE shears on their primary healing classes, while many Shamans already spec 48 Aug.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 8:30 PM by mattymc
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 7:40 PM
On a server without buffbots, shears are a massive imbalance in favor of Midgard; the other two realms can't afford to have red AE shears on their primary healing classes, while many Shamans already spec 48 Aug.

Yet the shaman is the single worst secondary or even tertiary <as other realms have other healing options> in the game as is --- shears are a PITA, but if they got rid of the silly timers on the buff potions and made them a bit more useful it might be worth it...considering what they have done to MID anyway it isn't such a bad thing to get an a minimal advantage
Sat 10 Oct 2020 9:18 PM by omicidi
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

It’s actually a nerf to the shaman and Midgard group.

Clerics and druids would have something to do; shamans would then have to stop what they’re doing to buff. If they’re buffing, they’re not interrupting.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 11:56 PM by keen
omicidi wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 9:18 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Clerics and druids would have something to do; shamans would then have to stop what they’re doing to buff. If they’re buffing, they’re not interrupting.
But they can also rupt with shears instead of casting disease the 10th time in a row on the same targets.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 3:10 AM by omicidi
keen wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 11:56 PM
omicidi wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 9:18 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

But they can also rupt with shears instead of casting disease the 10th time in a row on the same targets.

You’re absolutely right.

When you have a cleric or Druid whom does not a dang thing, now has something to do like buff shear, it causes the. Shaman to rebuff. A sham that is rebuffing is not interrupting.

Sounds small, I get it. Over a fight this is huge.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 7:17 AM by ExcretusMaximus
omicidi wrote:
Sun 11 Oct 2020 3:10 AM
When you have a cleric or Druid whom does not a dang thing, now has something to do like buff shear, it causes the. Shaman to rebuff. A sham that is rebuffing is not interrupting.

Sounds small, I get it. Over a fight this is huge.

Fair enough, I hadn't considered that. But if a Druid or Cleric is buffing they're not rooting / healing / shearing either.

I guess it all evens out in the end.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 2:55 PM by Gildar
Survey result.... No buff shears.

That's all folks.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 4:02 PM by Frigzy
How bout something inbetween?

Something like a base str or dex castable stat debuff? Nothing too big, but still significant if given the freedom to use it?
Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:45 AM by dbeattie71
Any support that want this, stop playing your support toons, ppl start to whine big time when there aern't any buffs/heals.
Mon 12 Oct 2020 6:28 AM by Ceen
Zerg stickers don't want buff shears because it's more buttons to click and they are the majority
Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:08 PM by Shamissa
No buff shears....this is not daoc live. If you want daoc live ask Uthred to bring Toa already WTF.
This is getting close and closer to daoc live so might as well bring on the other classes from daoc live along with TOA then will see.
Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:16 PM by dbeattie71
Ceen wrote:
Mon 12 Oct 2020 6:28 AM
Zerg stickers don't want buff shears because it's more buttons to click and they are the majority

Lol that’s what I was thinking. They already use the kb to turn so...
Mon 12 Oct 2020 6:00 PM by omicidi
If you don’t want buff shearing, and you play a buffing class... that boggles my mind.
Mon 12 Oct 2020 6:27 PM by Bradekes
Buff shearing brings on an element to the game that I think is tedious and makes groups seem like they are whining when they need new buffs. Also if anything it will just make people run only buff pots to keep from getting sheared.. seems like a total negative nothing positive at all.

Especially vs tanks.. they are easy to target and shears would make them go down so fast. No fun to be had.
Mon 12 Oct 2020 9:40 PM by Gildar
Useless discussion ... this is not live, by luck.

Survey clearly state no shears ...

Why still whining to have shears ?
Tue 13 Oct 2020 1:20 AM by Emmigosa
As a cleric I frequently am Interuppitng or something when I can, there's very little just sitting around. There's almost always a target to heal, cure or rupt, and if none of that applies then it probably means your stomping the other group and shears wouldn't really matter one way or another. It's not a nerf to the mid group. If a shaman is rebuffing instead of interrupting, how is that different from a cleric or druid rebuffing instead of healing, curing interrupting, stunning ect. It's the same. Tbh it's a I'd argue a mild nerf to alb. Alb runs two slots that can heal. Mid runs 3, and hibs run 4 or atleast 3. This means that if a druid or shaman is interrupting there's still plenty of options for cures and heals coming out, while if a cleric is buffing the heals and cures are effectively cut in half. I'm not saying that those that can heal aren't also doing other things, like pacs or bards cc'ing. But at the very least there's options
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:36 PM by Cotea
Shamissa wrote:
Mon 12 Oct 2020 1:08 PM
No buff shears....this is not daoc live. If you want daoc live ask Uthred to bring Toa already WTF.
This is getting close and closer to daoc live so might as well bring on the other classes from daoc live along with TOA then will see.

This is not a classic server... Uthred said this was progressive server.... meaning yea it might go towards being live like.. but you were all warned at the start
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:38 PM by Cotea
Bradekes wrote:
Mon 12 Oct 2020 6:27 PM
Buff shearing brings on an element to the game that I think is tedious and makes groups seem like they are whining when they need new buffs. Also if anything it will just make people run only buff pots to keep from getting sheared.. seems like a total negative nothing positive at all.

Especially vs tanks.. they are easy to target and shears would make them go down so fast. No fun to be had.

Buff potions can get sheared on live, you just cant shear a buff off the caster themselves (eg you cant buffshear a shaman, druid, cleric or Bard, Friar, Healer ((Base buffs only))
Fri 16 Oct 2020 3:33 PM by Bradekes
Cotea wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:38 PM
Bradekes wrote:

Buff potions can get sheared on live, you just cant shear a buff off the caster themselves (eg you cant buffshear a shaman, druid, cleric or Bard, Friar, Healer ((Base buffs only))

Even more annoying.. having to blow 4g everytime you get sheared.. I think shears are just unnecessary.. there's already debuffs in the game.. maybe a short duration buff cancel but to remove the buff defeats the purpose of getting buffed.. if there were buffbots I'd say there would be a need for shears
Fri 16 Oct 2020 4:18 PM by teiloh
Buff shears make the already terrible and cumbersome accounting mini-game called concentration buffs even more obnoxious. If 1.0 healers need more to do, add in active buffs, just better balanced ones than Live versions.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 11:28 PM by Cotea
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 3:33 PM
Cotea wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 2:38 PM
Bradekes wrote:

Even more annoying.. having to blow 4g everytime you get sheared.. I think shears are just unnecessary.. there's already debuffs in the game.. maybe a short duration buff cancel but to remove the buff defeats the purpose of getting buffed.. if there were buffbots I'd say there would be a need for shears

Na mate, seems like the people dissing shears are people who had no clue how to manage their buffs mid fight aswell (this is actually part of your class!!!!), does this mean when you PR someone (or if the healer does incase of mid) you dont bother buffing them mid fight if able too because its cumbersome?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics